FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Enchanted Tiki Room Anniverary Official Press Release
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Enchanted Tiki Room Anniverary Official Press Release
Tangaroa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-19 2:54 pm   Permalink

See everyone tomorrow!

View Profile of Tangaroa Send a personal message to Tangaroa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-19 5:34 pm   Permalink

THIS JUST IN..... (probably too late for most of you who are travelling).

The Tiki Room Mugs and Shirts have been limited to 2 per guest. Hopefully this will curb the hoarders!!!!

check out this link for the official scoop

http://psc.disney.go.com/eventservices/disneygallery/calendar.html

See you early in the morning

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-19 6:34 pm   Permalink

I'm a Di-nee-lan annual passholder and would love to stand shoulder-to-shoulder with ya'll, but getting there at 6:00 a.m.! Ouch. I admire your fortitude, but I'll just have to admire and secretly covet your newly acquired tiki mugs.

Good luck and keep cool, I think it's gonna be a scorcher tomorrow.

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thebaxdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-19 8:31 pm   Permalink

Nobody answered the 10% off for pass holders question.
Does anyone know?
KuKuiNut does not want to get up if she does not have to.
Time is running out, run fast, jump, hurry??!!
Happydog (What can I do?)

View Profile of thebaxdog Send a personal message to thebaxdog  Email thebaxdog Goto the website of thebaxdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hot Lava
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-19 8:43 pm   Permalink

I'm sorry I kicked off the whole 6 a.m. thing. It's just that coming from Florida tonight, I'll be up way before then anyway, thanks to the magical 3 hour time difference. I didn't even know if you could walk up to the gates then when I originally posted.

As luck would have it, I talked to one of the fine guest services people and it turns out that the pedestrian gates to the esplinade(sp?) do in fact open at 6 a.m., so we can do it. Odd that the parking opens up later...

Chances are, since the lot doesn't open until 7:00, there's not going to be a whole lot of people (other than me) at 6:00. So if you want to show up a little later, it probably won't hurt anything.

Me, I'm getting there extra extra extra early because I want a crack at one of the original paintings. One is within the limit on my credit card, and if I'm going to pay 14% interest on something, it may as well be something good!

View Profile of Hot Lava Send a personal message to Hot Lava  Email Hot Lava     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cultjam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-19 11:51 pm   Permalink

Good Luck Hot Lava!

Hope you get your choice!

View Profile of Cultjam Send a personal message to Cultjam      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hot Lava
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-20 12:58 pm   Permalink

I just came back to drop off the stuff at the hotel -- what a morning!

No original for me (they were sold to the first 4 people in line), but the rest of the merch is very well done, very high quality stuff.

The line is still stretched down Main Street and wrapped in front the Opera House, and it's now 12:00.

Many TC'ers are there and we're all planning on hitting the Tiki Room at 3pm today to cause a rukus.

Shag made it on time and has been signing away like crazy. As it turns out, of the limited edition items had cards that were numbered and signed anyway. Nice guy, but what do you say to him?

I'm heading back to DL for some fun. See you tonight at the Hawaiian Room!

View Profile of Hot Lava Send a personal message to Hot Lava  Email Hot Lava     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-riviera
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-20 2:23 pm   Permalink

Very interesting morning at Disneyland. Meet one guy who came to the show from Japan! When the gates opened at 8:00 it was off to the races. Everyone was running so fast you would of thought that the Playboy Playmates were marching down Main Street Nude. Fun day for sure!

View Profile of tiki-riviera Send a personal message to tiki-riviera  Email tiki-riviera     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Andrew
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-09-20 6:00 pm   Permalink

I had fun and got some cool stuff. Disney didn't handle the load of people very well which created a pretty slow moving line. The certainly weren't expecting the turnout that they got. The line didn't seem as bad as it should have because of all the nice folks I passed the time with.

Monkey Man - sorry I didn't call you again, I misplaced your number.
A

View Profile of Andrew Send a personal message to Andrew      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
spy-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-21 10:49 am   Permalink

I second that. Couldn't have been a better bunch of people to stand in line with for hours and hours.
I went back again after the lines were gone and if anyone is interested, they're still taking orders on the goblets and there seemed to be some shirts and neck charms left as well!

Nice meeting everyone!

Aloha

View Profile of spy-tiki Send a personal message to spy-tiki  Email spy-tiki Goto the website of spy-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-21 11:55 am   Permalink

I didn't get to make it to Disneyland that morning since I was at the airport picking up the wife, but I did hear later on that evening, at the Hawaiian Room, that it was just crazy the way people RAN after the gates opened.

It's a long shot, but, if anyone does want to sell one of the mugs and/or one of their bowls, please email me. Sure I don't mind paying an additional premium, since, after all, you did stand in line, but please make it a fair offer for both of us.
(Emspace, I now know how you feel.)

That said, I do hope that Disney makes a regular cup/glass/goblet/mug that will be available as a regular sale item at the Dole refreshment stand just outside The Tiki Room.

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mrs. B
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-21 9:03 pm   Permalink

Aloha,
Our dentist stopped by my shop on Saturday on the way back from Disneywierd. Funny, he wasn't sweating and mentioned nothing about running anywhere, yet scored everything. I don't know what the hell you people were doing.

View Profile of Mrs. B Send a personal message to Mrs. B      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Maui_Matt
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-09-21 10:05 pm   Permalink

At around 5 the Disneyana shop was still selling the goblets, shirts, puzzles, mousepads, and necklaces(some other stuff too). Most of the people I was standing with were getting several copies of the print for various reasons. It was a fun time! Now if they could only use the profits to fix up the tiki room. Its pretty sad right now(ironic that hundreds of people showed up to shell out thousands for a ride that has been let go).

View Profile of Maui_Matt Send a personal message to Maui_Matt  Email Maui_Matt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-22 07:23 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-09-21 11:55, SugarCaddyDaddy wrote:
<Snip>
That said, I do hope that Disney makes a regular cup/glass/goblet/mug that will be available as a regular sale item at the Dole refreshment stand just outside The Tiki Room.

I think the Grog Cups're an open run, and my wife liked'em better than the Shag designed ones. They're very nautical with a ceramic rope-look handle & wrapping around the base. I think they'll be sold in the Disneyania store since the Dole stand doesn't open 'til noon.

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGoon
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-09-22 12:13 pm   Permalink

Please Please Please can someone help a TikiGoon out?!? Anyone get an extra Tiki Pole Mug? I would gladly pay you for your effort.

BTW: Delivears still has Aloha shirts ($58), Petite prints ($15), puzzles, note cards ($12.95) and T-shirts left over. DelivEARS. 1-800-362-4533

[ This Message was edited by: TikiGoon on 2003-09-22 12:15 ]

View Profile of TikiGoon Send a personal message to TikiGoon  Email TikiGoon Goto the website of TikiGoon     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation