FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events "It's All About the Tiki"
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
"It's All About the Tiki"
paranoid123
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-14 6:38 pm   Permalink

I'll be there!

View Profile of paranoid123 Send a personal message to paranoid123      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kanaka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-14 7:18 pm   Permalink

Holden,

Just saw the press release!!! Stuff looks completely off the chain amazing!

Scotty

View Profile of Kanaka Send a personal message to Kanaka  Email Kanaka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomicchick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-16 11:41 am   Permalink

Just waiting for the post of the pics (and prices). Man, I know this event is going to break the bank...well, I should say my credit card!

View Profile of Atomicchick Send a personal message to Atomicchick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kanaka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-17 11:49 am   Permalink

Atomic,

Check out the event info page at
www.tikifarm.com. Some pix and all prices are posted.

View Profile of Kanaka Send a personal message to Kanaka  Email Kanaka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mmoderntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-17 2:01 pm   Permalink

Additional Merchandise - Just for the Palm Springs Show at M Modern Gallery:

"WALL of the PIZZ"

This is going to be 180 (yes, we did say 180) signed ORIGINAL DRAWINGS from the Pizz's personal collection available that evening with INCREDIBLE PRICING ranging from $100.00 through $300.00. There may never be a better opportunity to pick up an original Pizz Tiki drawing or other cool drawings by the Pizz. We're anticipating these will go fast and these are only available at M Modern Gallery in Palm Springs. Mark your calander for Saturday November 29th at M Modern Gallery. There will be a great party afterward at the CALLENTE TROPICS with the artists present.

We hope you can make it!

View Profile of mmoderntiki Send a personal message to mmoderntiki  Email mmoderntiki Goto the website of mmoderntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MTKahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-18 7:05 pm   Permalink

It's been a while... I DEFINATELY need a tiki fix...

I'm in!!!

View Profile of MTKahuna Send a personal message to MTKahuna  Email MTKahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-19 10:56 pm   Permalink

Hi,
It's pedal to the metal - not much sleep but I don't mind. Shag is not happy with his dinnerware design and we're pullling it back from the show. I should have delivered blanks to him much ealier (we recently designed these very retro plate/cup/saucer/s&p designs - all new sculpts and they are so cool!!). He hit a block as he's buried right now. Hopefully/likely, out in Spring but I'll post more when it's getting close.
Holden

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErichTroudt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-20 12:51 am   Permalink

I'll be at the show, riding the coat tails of my famous bro-in-law Von Franco.

I too haven't done anything "tiki" in a while so I look forward to getting the fix.

Erich Troudt

View Profile of ErichTroudt Send a personal message to ErichTroudt  Email ErichTroudt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BaronV
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2003-11-20 2:03 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: BaronV on 2004-09-09 20:05 ]

View Profile of BaronV Send a personal message to BaronV  Email BaronV     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGoon
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-11-20 3:04 pm   Permalink

Hey Holden,

The new "All About the Tiki" stuff looks really cool! I have a few questions about it I hope you can answer.

Is the Pizz Outrigger real wood, hapa-wood or some other resin/material?

What are the approximate oz sizes of the Emperor and the Rower mugs?

What size are the "Night of the Tiki" mugs?

Thanks,

Tiki Goon

View Profile of TikiGoon Send a personal message to TikiGoon  Email TikiGoon Goto the website of TikiGoon     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ModMana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-21 4:31 pm   Permalink

We'll be there, possibly with other TCers in tow. It should be a great event. Of course, every time I think I'm going to start concentrating my collection on "vintage" pieces, something cool and "new" like this comes up and snarfs up all of our "tiki budget". Curse you Holden for continually coming up with new products that I can't resist!

ModMana

View Profile of ModMana Send a personal message to ModMana  Email ModMana     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
paranoid123
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-21 6:49 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-11-21 16:31, ModMana wrote:
... Of course, every time I think I'm going to start concentrating my collection on "vintage" pieces, something cool and "new" like this comes up and snarfs up all of our "tiki budget". Curse you Holden for continually coming up with new products that I can't resist! :)

That's so true! I'm having the same problem myself. Darn you, Holden, darn you straight to heck! :)

View Profile of paranoid123 Send a personal message to paranoid123      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-22 12:44 am   Permalink

Just got back from Mr. Holden's Wild Ride (u-haul packed with tiki, and both of us on lack of sleep) for the show on Sat. at La Luz. This show is gonna kill! For those of you going we'll see you there. For those of you not, well, sorry you will miss out on another knotch in Tiki History. (carve up the Tiki mobile and be a part of that history!)Arrrrrrrrr!!!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomicchick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-22 11:47 pm   Permalink

Just came back from "It's All About the Tiki" and I must say I'm very disappointed and pissed off! First of all, I was approximately the 10th person in line. When they did let us in (30 minutes late) to purchase the mugs, we had to wait in another line. By the time it was my turn to order, I had been in line about two hours. So they took my order, gave me a sales slip, then told me I had to go to another line to pay. Then after I paid, I had to go back to the first line I was in to pick up the mugs I paid for, it was a real cluster f*ck. Then they tell me they don't even have any of the Shag mugs (that I just paid for) and that they will be shipped to me within 4 weeks! You have got to be kidding me!!! Then to top it off, when I got home, they charged me for five mugs an extra $30 (I only ordered four) and when I called the gallery they told me to come back (I live 50+ miles away) or call back tomorrow. Then as if it couldn't get any worse, when I opened my box that contained the bugeyed mug by Von Franco, where they eyes were hand painted, the paint was all smeared like they wrapped up the mug before the paint had dried. I thought this was going to be a party atmosphere and it wasn't, it was just a bunch of people waiting in line to buy mugs that were not even there! I left at almost 10pm and the Dynotones had not even played one song! Who organized this thing? Whoever it was, they need to be fired!

View Profile of Atomicchick Send a personal message to Atomicchick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikichic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-23 01:50 am   Permalink

Same as Atomic, I myself wasn't too impressed with the organization of this event. All we did was wait in line in different stages throughout the store. The merchandising however looked exquisite and the displays were wonderful. I wasn't too impressed with the Shag bracelet when I first glimpsed it on Tiki Farms site but after seeing it in person, I had to have it. The piece is just "charming" and the packaging is marvelous.

As far as the Shag print, it looked great but it wasn't packaged very well. It's given to you rolled (not in a tube) but around red (?) tissue paper and then placed in a plastic bag. You sure as heck don't want that rolling around in your car loose on the drive home!

Rumor had it that the line to get in was wrapped around the building. Heaven forbid that someone would need to use the restroom.
All in all it was a fun time even though I didn't walk out of the store until 10pm and without half my merchandise because it would be mailed to me at a later date. Upon my exit I saw that there was still a line of people to the door. I felt so sorry for the people still standing in line because I knew at the rate the line was moving that they wouldn't get up to glimpse anything until midnight! It was frustrating to see the event so disorganzied however meeting new people and fellow TC'ers made it more bearable.

If I could sum the event up for those unable to attend....think of this event as the "Shag Disneyland event 2".

[ This Message was edited by: tikichic on 2004-07-22 10:32 ]

View Profile of tikichic Send a personal message to tikichic      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation