FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki Beyond Tiki Finds
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 Next Page )
Beyond Tiki Finds
naugatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-17 7:11 pm   Permalink

It's almost spring and the yard sales are slowly returning, Just in time for the end of winter. I found this witco or witco inspired fireplace tool set shaped like a horse. Also this cool wall sculpture of fish that looks like it came from and atomic house.

View Profile of naugatiki Send a personal message to naugatiki  Email naugatiki Goto the website of naugatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sweet Daddy Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-18 10:43 am   Permalink

Picked up this like-new Craft Master paint by number kit yesterday. According to paintbynumberz.com it's c1960.

New Artist series 40 NA-442 "The Birches"

Comes with two 8" x 10" panels

and an 18" x 24" panel

All the paints, brushes and brush cleaning fluid are still sealed

and it came with an 8 page full-color catalogue and order form.

From the catalogue I scanned images of sets with tropical island themes:

blog

View Profile of Sweet Daddy Tiki Send a personal message to Sweet Daddy Tiki  Goto the website of Sweet Daddy Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-03-27 11:02 pm   Permalink

cleaning is gonna be a lot more fun using this sweet vac!

all the attachments

in this really cool box

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sweet Daddy Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-28 8:57 pm   Permalink

You don't collect vacuum cleaners do you dogbytes? I have heard of such people. Far be it from me to poo-poo anyone's collecting proclivities but I think vacuum cleaners are a weird thing to collect (sorry if I'm offending the vintage vacuum community). Anyhow, we used to have that vacuum when I was growing up. I think it had a different brand name (which I can't remember but I'm pretty sure it had a really space-agey logo) but it was exactly the same style and the same shade of aquamarine that was the decorating rage of the early 60s (our livingroom walls were the same color). For sure we did not have the swanky padded box though.

blog

View Profile of Sweet Daddy Tiki Send a personal message to Sweet Daddy Tiki  Goto the website of Sweet Daddy Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-03-31 7:51 pm   Permalink

Wow...this is a great thread...first time here. Most of the pictures links are broken prior to page 7, but after that it is pretty sweet. Love that vacuum cleaner. I'll be back with some of my goofy junk.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-31 9:25 pm   Permalink

Haha, we have that vacuum, in silver! Actually, they're fantastic vacuums. Very easy to repair and the parts are all still available. My parents still use theirs, attachments and all.

Course now that we ripped up all the carpets it doesn't get used, but it is damn cool! I always liked having it follow me around the house like a little mouse.

Great Minds Drink Alike

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
naugatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-29 2:06 pm   Permalink

A radio that looks like the one on Gilligan's Island that runs on 4 D batteries which I can probablly start up my car with.

View Profile of naugatiki Send a personal message to naugatiki  Email naugatiki Goto the website of naugatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-05 10:42 pm   Permalink

Check out this cool swag globe lamp that I scored at the Alameda Antiques Fair this Sunday. It's huge!!! I guess the color on this would be tortoise? I was unsure as to whether I should post this here or in Tiki Finds, since I plan on stuffing a pufferfish lamp inside this globe lamp, but since it's not officially tiki-fied yet, I figured it should go in Beyond.

The lamp hardware for the globe lamp is missing, and I used that as a bargaining tool. I told the seller that I'd have to track down all of the hardware, and then spend my precious man hours in rewiring the lamp as well. Also, it was the end of the day, and the Antiques Fair was about to close. So he cut the price in more than half! The great thing is that I already have a small pufferfish lamp to squeeze into there, so I don't have to do much rewiring, other than running the lamp cord through the chain. I guess I'll have to cut off the plug end to do that, and then re-attach it when I'm done.

Once I've finished installing Mr. Puffer, then this puffer fish in a glass float effect should be a nice addition to the bar area I've been working on here at Casa de Mai Tai.

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kctiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-06 6:56 pm   Permalink

Mai Tai, that lamp should be a knockout. Please post a picture when it's done.

View Profile of kctiki Send a personal message to kctiki  Email kctiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-23 4:36 pm   Permalink

Still working on the lamp. Seems like I have a million tiny projects around here, all going on at once. Anyways, Nacho and I went out to lunch the other day, and then went thrifting at one of his favorite local spots. I found another really cool swag lamp!!!

This one has cool amber, blue and orange-red globes - it's a three swag with an extra smoked colored globe. Don't know if I'll be able to squeeze any small puffer fish into these though, because the globes and globe openings are considerably smaller. But I'd sure like to! Maybe I can find some teeny tiny puffers to stuff inside?

By the way, in the upper right corner of the photo is the cabinet and chassis for my first guitar amplifier project. I'm going to try to build tube based guitar amps.

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-10 8:44 pm   Permalink

As requested on "Tiki Finds"...

Only, you gotta guess which one it is?

PTD

View Profile of Psycho Tiki D Send a personal message to Psycho Tiki D  Email Psycho Tiki D     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-07-10 9:29 pm   Permalink

OMG...I have a pair of lamps like that PTD...they are still packed in storage somewhere in my garage. I am so glad you posted that picture....it reminds me of some of the fun things I'll find when I continue to unpack from my move 2 years ago.

Mai Tai....I am loving that shoe next to the lamp too.

[ This Message was edited by: VampiressRN 2007-07-10 21:30 ]

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ManFromT.I.K.I.
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-07-10 9:37 pm   Permalink

A pair of ceramic ukulele wall pockets.

View Profile of ManFromT.I.K.I. Send a personal message to ManFromT.I.K.I.      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-11 7:21 pm   Permalink

Kool stuff folks....keep em coming!

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
twitch
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-07-12 10:03 pm   Permalink

Having just discovered this thread, plans are afoot to completely inundate everyone with an ungodly amount of crap I have procured over the decades - much of it from a brief stint as sorter at a Salvation Army warehouse.
Prepare, for you have been warned!

Jus' gotta re-charge the camera battery here, and unpack a few boxes...

View Profile of twitch Send a personal message to twitch      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation