FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Beyond Tiki » » Beyond Tiki Finds
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 Next Page )
Beyond Tiki Finds
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-15 09:38 am   Permalink

I gotta tell ya, Duane. You've found some amazing stuff, but I believe this to be the pinnacle of your success in the hunting world. For a kid born in 1963,(yours truly), the Banana Splits Club was our Shriners! All I've got left is this 45, but I had all of that stuff.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got to go find some baseball cards for my spokes so I can take this for a spin around the block!

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-16 08:58 am   Permalink

Wow, did you just pick that bike up? Pretty damn cool, but I think I would hit my knee on the handlebars trying to ride that!!

Now that I can say I have them, they are going up on eBay...there is a minty set up there now for $599.00.

D

View Profile of Psycho Tiki D Send a personal message to Psycho Tiki D  Email Psycho Tiki D     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-16 2:50 pm   Permalink

Yeah, I'm gonna take a wild guess that he doesn't get $599.00!
Are you really gonna sell yours?
The bike is actually my son's. It started life as a Mustard-Yellow Colombia 3-speed that we re-worked into "The Blue Devil"

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-16 4:22 pm   Permalink

Well congrats to you and your son, you did a nice job on the restoration. Yeah, dream on at $599.00 and I am not in a hurry to sell them just yet, I have a pile of other stuff to post first, but I will eventually put them up, maybe around Christmas time or possibly trade with someone for something tiki.

D

View Profile of Psycho Tiki D Send a personal message to Psycho Tiki D  Email Psycho Tiki D     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Club Nouméa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-17 01:55 am   Permalink

Beach Boys autographs, obtained by an autograph hunter during their 1964 New Zealand tour:

Signatures in order: Dennis Wilson, Mike Love, Al Jardine, and Brian Wilson (who signed off by writing "B'Boys").

Since he is featured in the publicity photo which came with the signatures, I added an autograph I already had of David Marks, who was in the band's first line-up, and who left the band some months before the NZ tour.

The photo is interesting - it is in postcard format and is printed on stock card. It is from the photo session they did for their LP "Surfer Girl", although this particular photo wasn't used for the album cover (or on the back for that matter). Possibly the Beach Boys gave it to the autograph hunter when they signed their autographs for him.

These two items came in an awful glass frame, so I reframed them and added a reproduction of the cover of the NZ tour brochure downloaded off the Internet:

The bill featured not only The Beach Boys, but also Roy Orbison and The Surfaris, among others. You sure got value for your money in those days!

CN

Toto, j'ai l'impression que nous ne sommes plus au Kansas !

View Profile of Club Nouméa Send a personal message to Club Nouméa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Club Nouméa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-31 6:55 pm   Permalink

2 weeks and no new postings - what happened? Did I kill this thread or something?

CN

Toto, j'ai l'impression que nous ne sommes plus au Kansas !

View Profile of Club Nouméa Send a personal message to Club Nouméa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
gabbahey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-31 7:28 pm   Permalink

It has been a while so I'll post some things I have found. I dig the beachboy's signatures above. The purple chick version of Smile is a favorite of mine when relaxing with a cocktail.

Anyhoo, here are some of my purchases over the last few months.

I really like this tv lamp. I added a flicker flame bulb but it was too weak for the effect I wanted. I might try one of those science project style flicker bulbs but they cost more than the lamp.

Here is another 1950s lamp. The shades need some help so this guy was $12.

If you look closely you can see a really cool spun aluminum serving tray I got for a dollar at the same place as the pink lamp.

That is all,
gabbahey

[ This Message was edited by: gabbahey 2011-05-31 20:54 ]

[ This Message was edited by: gabbahey 2011-06-02 22:59 ]

View Profile of gabbahey Send a personal message to gabbahey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
gabbahey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-06-13 8:24 pm   Permalink

Dang, it has been a while and still no other posts? Oh well, here are some nudie cutie glasses I got from my wife last valentine's day.

gabbahey

View Profile of gabbahey Send a personal message to gabbahey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbadtikidaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-06-14 10:58 am   Permalink

Quote:

Here is another 1950s lamp. The shades need some help so this guy was $12.

Yo Gabbahey! that lamp is completely unreal! love the lamp and especially the fact that you got it for $12! SCOOOOORE!
I wanna shop with you.
cheers, BBTD

View Profile of bigbadtikidaddy Send a personal message to bigbadtikidaddy  Email bigbadtikidaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbadtikidaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-06-14 11:05 am   Permalink

I posted this in the "show us your record collection" thread, but it seemed out of place there. Thought it might better belong here:

at a recent garage sale, I couldn't pass this "stag" album up....the verbiage kills me!
"the first to stick you in the ear with what you've always wanted to hear"

sadly (or not!), the "free genuine french tickler" (worth $2.00!) was not included. This was a little painful to listen to...retro, racy & raunchy! Funny, but a little too gross to listen all the way through.

"she craved sex 24 hours a day, and took it every way, with anyone, grocery boys, salesmen, bartenders, even bananas and carrots!!!"

yikes!

View Profile of bigbadtikidaddy Send a personal message to bigbadtikidaddy  Email bigbadtikidaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tom Slick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-06-16 2:55 pm   Permalink

Sounds like my kinda girl! hahah

I think Rick James made a song about her, you know...The kind you don't take home to momma...Nice score.

View Profile of Tom Slick Send a personal message to Tom Slick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErkNoLikeFire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-06-17 10:12 pm   Permalink

Wow, that is some cover!

Found this stuff while digging around a thrift store.

Front and back of a bar glass set. There are 8 tall glasses and 8 short glasses with various drink concoctions on the sides.

One glass decanter labeled "Scotch" but smelling distinctly of bourbon.

...and one laser disc copy of one of the greatest ignored movies of all time BUCKAROO BANZAI!!

“The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass.” Martin Mull

"Rum is not drinking, it's surviving" Robert Shaw THE DEEP

View Profile of ErkNoLikeFire Send a personal message to ErkNoLikeFire  Email ErkNoLikeFire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unkle John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-06-20 07:55 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-06-17 22:12, ErkNoLikeFire wrote:

That's a nice looking decanter there. It's a Jim Beam Decanter. Jim Beam is Kentucky straight bourbon (90 proof), so you were correct in it's smell! These decanters came in various colors from black, to a deep purple, to white (and of course just about a few other colors in between. Yours is a nice soothing color and I bet looks really nice full of Kentucky straight bourbon.

View Profile of Unkle John Send a personal message to Unkle John  Email Unkle John Goto the website of Unkle John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbadtikidaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-06-20 12:32 pm   Permalink

a Nauga Monster, whee! I used to have one of these in purple that i sold in the at a yard sale 90's. found this at a yard sale saturday from a nice elderly lady that said it was leftover from her upholstery business that she closed years ago. she wanted .25 cents for it. I happily gave her a dollar!

[ This Message was edited by: bigbadtikidaddy 2011-06-20 14:34 ]

ErkNoLikeFire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-06-20 4:08 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-06-20 07:55, Unkle John wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-06-17 22:12, ErkNoLikeFire wrote:

That's a nice looking decanter there. It's a Jim Beam Decanter. Jim Beam is Kentucky straight bourbon (90 proof), so you were correct in it's smell! These decanters came in various colors from black, to a deep purple, to white (and of course just about a few other colors in between. Yours is a nice soothing color and I bet looks really nice full of Kentucky straight bourbon.

Thanks for the info! I plan on making full use of it soon.

“The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass.” Martin Mull

"Rum is not drinking, it's surviving" Robert Shaw THE DEEP

View Profile of ErkNoLikeFire Send a personal message to ErkNoLikeFire  Email ErkNoLikeFire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation