FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Drinks and Food » » Pimento Liqueur
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
Pimento Liqueur
JTD
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-02 05:20 am   Permalink

Nope.

View Profile of JTD Send a personal message to JTD      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PiPhiRho
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-01-02 07:14 am   Permalink

No, I still have not gotten my order, either, and it has been more than a year since I placed it.

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-02 07:42 am   Permalink

Well, I'm on my way to making my own anyway. I'd just like to have a bottle of the real thing to compare it to. If anyone comes up with another source, please post.

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab

Posted: 2007-01-02 1:03 pm   Permalink

I finally received my order last August which I paid for in February, but forgot to post here.

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiSan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-03 3:16 pm   Permalink

Jab, have you made any drinks with it yet? If so, how are they?

View Profile of TikiSan Send a personal message to TikiSan      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab

Posted: 2007-01-13 7:00 pm   Permalink

Right now I'm enjoying the Addams' Apple, by Ted Haigh aka Dr. Cocktail. He named the drink after Charles Addams, New Yorker cartoonist and creator of the Addams' Family. It was posted in Imbibe magazine's blog (link below).

Quote:

2 oz. Applejack
1 oz. apple cider
1/2 oz. pimento dram
2 dashes orange bitters

Shake ingredients in a cocktail shaker loaded with ice, strain into a cocktail glass, and if you want to do it up right, garnish with an apple slice that’s been soaking in brandy (Calvados is best) for a week, but no more. Drink the cocktail, chew on the apple.

http://imbibemagazine.blogspot.com/2007/01/you-asked-doc-reveals.html

Two recipes for Pimento liqueur are posted there as well.

[ This Message was edited by: thejab 2007-01-15 12:11 ]

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiSan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-14 01:02 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-01-13 19:00, thejab wrote:
Right now I'm enjoying the Addams' Apple, by Ted Haigh aka Dr. Cocktail. He named the drink after Charles Addams, New Yorker cartoonist and creator of the Addams' Family. It was posted in Imbibe magazine's blog (link below).

Quote:

2 oz. Applejack
1 oz. apple cider
1/2 oz. pimento dram
2 dashes orange bitters

Shake ingredients in a cocktail shaker loaded with ice, strain into a cocktail glass, and if you want to do it up right, garnish with an apple slice that’s been soaking in brandy (Calvados is best) for a week, but no more. Drink the cocktail, chew on the apple.

http://imbibemagazine.blogspot.com/2007/01/you-asked-doc-reveals.html

Jab,

How would you rate this drink? How is the complexity? What are the main flavors?

Ted Haigh loves Applejack and Calvados.

View Profile of TikiSan Send a personal message to TikiSan      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab

Posted: 2007-01-15 12:10 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-01-14 01:02, TikiSan wrote:

Jab,

How would you rate this drink? How is the complexity? What are the main flavors?

It's sweet, so it makes a delicious after-dinner cocktail. It tastes like apple pie - the pimento adds a marvelous spicy flavor.

I love Applejack and Calvados as well, if you like apples and booze then you'll like them very much.

jamaican_vibes

Posted: 2007-06-09 3:33 pm   Permalink

I have 2 bottles of Berry Hill Pimento (Allspice) Liqueur available on my website www.reggaetreats.com

View Profile of jamaican_vibes Send a personal message to jamaican_vibes  Email jamaican_vibes Goto the website of jamaican_vibes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jamaican_vibes

Posted: 2007-06-10 06:59 am   Permalink

Pimento Liqueur are no longer available. Will update as soon as more is available.

View Profile of jamaican_vibes Send a personal message to jamaican_vibes  Email jamaican_vibes Goto the website of jamaican_vibes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jamaican_vibes

Posted: 2007-06-12 07:25 am   Permalink

I now have additional bottles available, on a first-come first-served basis. It would appear that the Pimento Liqueur is a scarcity even in Jamaica. I am doing an island-wide search for additional bottles.

www.reggaetreats.com

Kono
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-15 4:23 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-06-09 15:33, jamaican_vibes wrote:
I have 2 bottles of Berry Hill Pimento (Allspice) Liqueur available on my website http://www.reggaetreats.com

And they just arrived in the mail today! Wow, great liqueur. As I type this I am enjoying my very first Jasper's Jamaican (Grog Log) and its an excellent, excellent drink.

Its a shame that the pimento liqueur is so difficult to get hold of because it has a powerful effect as an ingredient (on par with Pernod except in a good way). Its not something that you could sub for or delete from a recipe. It makes the drink what it is.

Thanks jamaican_vibes, you've got my endorsement.

Now if I could only get some fassionola.

View Profile of Kono Send a personal message to Kono  Email Kono Goto the website of Kono     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
drcocktail

Posted: 2007-06-21 8:11 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-01-15 12:10, thejab wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-01-14 01:02, TikiSan wrote:

Jab,

It's sweet, so it makes a delicious after-dinner cocktail. It tastes like apple pie - the pimento adds a marvelous spicy flavor.

I love Applejack and Calvados as well, if you like apples and booze then you'll like them very much.

Guess who's here?

I'd like to make this drink not so sweet. The way I drink it is with extra orange bitters. I also look for the driest ciders I can find. Regardless, it should taste like a cold version of hot apple pie. From my point of view, if you go for extra orange bitters, you're entering that sophisticated Negroni realm: sweet, bitter, more refreshing. Sweet is fine, but I find I only drink a single sweet cocktail. With attention to balance, maybe a couple more! I'm very glad you liked it, and the member who said I love Calvados and Applejack, well, that person knows me well.

Moreover, I recommend attending my uncommon ingredients panel at Tales of the Cocktail in New Orleans this July if you want to be the first to hear some REALLY exciting news about rum and rum-based spirits. Sorry to be so oblique, but we want to make a bring media splash, so i'm not saying more until the event, but I promise I'll return to update all of you, my tiki friends thereafter. I'm not shilling, I have no financial interest in the event. But you have no idea just how mush fun it is sharing with like-minded...oh wait, maybe you do! Seriously, though - try and come. The Bum will be there. Wayne Collins will be there. Minister will be there. And I will be there assuming all my hangover cures operate as advertised!

--Doc.

View Profile of drcocktail Send a personal message to drcocktail  Goto the website of drcocktail     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-21 11:07 pm   Permalink

welcome, and great to see you here drcocktail. I'm a big fan !!

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
drcocktail

Posted: 2007-06-22 07:35 am   Permalink

Glad to pop by. I'm a big fan of the whole tropical mythos and an highly enamored of great rum...dark and not too sweet, light and still demonstably rummy. Like the Bum, it is a little hard for me to move far past Donn because at best, his drinks were so well crafted, but my fave is still a hybrid Donn/Vic Navy Grog using pimento liqueur. If you find yourself at the Tiki Ti in Los Angeles, they'll make 'em for you there on request - something I initiated a long time ago.

By the way, it turns out I registered TWICE on these boards, once years ago, once, err...yesterday! So if you see posts from either drcocktail or Dr.Cocktail, they are BOTH me. My memory is like a julep strainer.

--Doc.

View Profile of drcocktail Send a personal message to drcocktail  Goto the website of drcocktail     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation