FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving octane (spring break carvings) 3/26/06
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
octane (spring break carvings) 3/26/06
Octane
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-23 12:39 pm   Permalink

thank you TNTiki, The Ragin' Rarotongan (glad you lke your guys), and Polynesiac.

Polynesiac: i'm might be trying a bigger version of that Cannible tiki pretty soon, i post pictures if i do.

here is some other projects i tring to finish up. I'm also expereimenting with different stain colors and clear coats for the palm wood.

the first is for the guy that got me the palm wood. it is that tiki mug guy, this time he is stained, and has 1 coat of Varnish on him.

the next one is my stool with 4 coats of Shalack on him.

the last is a mask i carved yesterday, the design is the same as a mask i did last year when i first started carving, except this one actually has demension to it, and the teeth are a little different. he is just stained, and will receive Varnish as that seem much better for Palm wood and all the hairs it has.

[ This Message was edited by: Octane on 2004-08-23 12:41 ]

View Profile of Octane Send a personal message to Octane      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Octane
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-23 11:05 pm   Permalink

here is my stool all finished with the top. it turned out OK, but i'm not very good with the frabric type materials so it is as good as i could get it.

here is a cannibal tiki i might start working on

View Profile of Octane Send a personal message to Octane      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki5-0
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-24 12:27 pm   Permalink

and the great work from octane continues. keep it up!

View Profile of tiki5-0 Send a personal message to tiki5-0  Email tiki5-0 Goto the website of tiki5-0     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Octane
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-25 9:36 pm   Permalink

here is some progress on the Cannibal tiki, basing him on the guy at the Harbor Hut (local resturant). It doesn't look like much has happened, but i have spent a day and a half on him 5-6 hours. carving the mouth took my a long time 3-4 hours. still in the rough stages. the guy is 43 inches tall and right around 13-15 inches in diameter

close up of the mouth to show that there is a gap carved out behind the little tikis head.

here is what the orginal looks like and hopefully mine will in the end

Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-25 10:35 pm   Permalink

This is some cool stuff, Octane. Your efforts are certainly paying off by the looks of these pics. Keep it up!

www.samgambino.com

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-25 11:20 pm   Permalink

Ocatane has anyone spoken up for the Cannibal?

View Profile of Tiki-Toa Send a personal message to Tiki-Toa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TNTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-26 07:26 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 16:13 ]

View Profile of TNTiki Send a personal message to TNTiki  Email TNTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Octane
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-27 6:19 pm   Permalink

thanks Sam Gambino, Tiki-Toa, and TNTiki, your kind words are very appreciated.

Tiki-toa: not sure what you mean, if you mean is it a project for someone or if someone has asked to buy it, then the answer is no, he is up for grabs.

TNTiki: thanks for the compliments on the details but, i'm not sure mine will turn out better then the orginal, but thank you.

here is another update to the Cannibal.

Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-27 6:42 pm   Permalink

Yeah that is actually what I was inquiring was if he was for someone. And from what I have seen of your work I agree with TNTiki that you will make it superb in the end.

Toa

View Profile of Tiki-Toa Send a personal message to Tiki-Toa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Ragin' Rarotongan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-28 11:29 am   Permalink

Damn! Every time I check out Owen's (Octane) posts I see more stuff I need to buy from him. Your carvings are just plain awsome! Great work, and you just keep getting better and better.

Aaron

View Profile of The Ragin' Rarotongan Send a personal message to The Ragin' Rarotongan  Email The Ragin' Rarotongan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-28 11:43 am   Permalink

Like they say on the Ali G show.... "respect man , Respect."

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Octane
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-30 6:53 pm   Permalink

thanks Tiki-Toa, Aaron (ragin'), and theChikitiki, the support you add is what keeps the chisels a carvin

here is some updates on the Cannibal, 99% of the rough work is done, just have to split the back legs and split the feet in the front. I cleaned him up more then in this photo today.

[ This Message was edited by: octane on 2004-08-30 21:16 ]

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-30 7:40 pm   Permalink

Keep it up Octane, every one you add is better and better. Look out folks a star is/has emerged. Excellent progress OC

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-30 10:49 pm   Permalink

That's a real shwangin' tiki, Octane. Thanks for all of the progress shots. Can't wait to see how it cleans up.

Cheers!

Aaron's (not Ragin') Akua

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Octane
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-31 7:01 pm   Permalink

thanks Ben, and Aaron's Akua.

well here is the cannibal all stained up, probably the last pictures for a while as i'm going to varnish him and that will take a while, as varnish takes 24-48 hrs to dry between each coats and i want at least 5 coats on him.

[ This Message was edited by: octane on 2004-08-31 22:17 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation