FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving octane (spring break carvings) 3/26/06
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
octane (spring break carvings) 3/26/06
Octane
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-16 4:24 pm   Permalink

well i finally have a little time to carve since school ended. so here are a couple of things i have been working on.

this is carved in Andiroba, a red Mahogany substitute. the disign is kind of from a few pictures of art from the Hiva's.

this one is a candle i bought from Bosko's. thought it would be fun to carve and i couldn't think of any thing else to carve.

there is a word "TIKI" raised up below the mouth but i can't get it all in one shot as it wraps around. i still don't know how i will finish it.

[ This Message was edited by: Octane on 2003-12-16 16:25 ]

View Profile of Octane Send a personal message to Octane      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Octane
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-23 7:55 pm   Permalink

here is one new one i just finished, on my spring break. the other one is just the last guy i did but stained. it has been a while.

front

side

back

[ This Message was edited by: Octane on 2004-03-23 19:56 ]

View Profile of Octane Send a personal message to Octane      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Octane
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-23 7:57 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Octane on 2004-03-23 19:58 ]

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-23 8:34 pm   Permalink

Really nice work Octane, I really like the fishhook.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-23 9:06 pm   Permalink

Nice work. Warrior mug design. I've been wanting to do one of those for my collection for quite a while. On the first page you have an almost exact replica of the Gecko Maori that I own.

[ This Message was edited by: jungletrader on 2004-03-23 21:33 ]

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-23 9:27 pm   Permalink

Nice to have you back, playa playa!

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-24 1:59 pm   Permalink

Alright Octane welcome back. Glad to see you jumping back into it. As usual excellent work on the log transformations
Chongolio

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Royale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-24 2:32 pm   Permalink

Nice stuff Octane!
It's cool to see the progression of your work. I really love the "Party Melon".
Mind if I borrow it? Not the actual melon, just the idea...
Aloha,

View Profile of Tiki Royale Send a personal message to Tiki Royale  Email Tiki Royale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-03-25 10:19 am   Permalink

Octane, your carvings are excellent. I imagined that your tiki pole carivngs were pretty large (4-5ft) until I saw that group photo. MAN! the detail on those is awesome! and precise!
I'd have a hard time concentrating at school if I could carve like that...

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Octane
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-25 8:05 pm   Permalink

thanks everyone for the praise. it has been hard with school taking up so much time. It looks like i might have to take another 10 week break from carving as school starts again and i have a very full schedual.

The Ragin' Rarotongan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-26 08:09 am   Permalink

hey Octane, your carvings are awsome! great work, really. i would definitely be interested in knowing if you sell any of you tikis? please let me know.
"Want a beer?'"...."It's 7:00 in the morning!"...."Scotch?"...."Not during working hours."

View Profile of The Ragin' Rarotongan Send a personal message to The Ragin' Rarotongan  Email The Ragin' Rarotongan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Octane
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-26 11:51 am   Permalink

I haven't sold any thing yet. i have only done a few (all the ones in this thread). My parents have adopted most of them, or basically bought them, by helping me pay for some of my school fees. so i don't have any for sale, but in the summer that might change, as i will have alot more time and when i can get alot more carving done, and put a few out there to see if any one is interested.

I'm also not sure what to charge, as i haven't really sold any thing yet and my tiki's are a bit unusual size, as they are only about a 12-18 inches tall, and 3 inches in diameter. so they aren't your ussual big tiki's. is there some standard way to price your tiki's?

Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-26 1:39 pm   Permalink

Oc I'd just figure what you want to pay yourself per hour and how long it should take to carve it. THEN CARVE AS FAST AND CLEAN AS YOU CAN.

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Octane
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-20 6:59 pm   Permalink

here is a picture of a tiki i'm currently working on. Gecko saying there was no excuse and just carve got me out in the old garage and got the chisels a banging. actually i finished a non tiki project sooner then expected, which gave me some good tiki time today.

and a couple of the non tiki project for a friend who is into Kendo and Iaido two Japanese sword martial arts. It is a 1/2 scale Katana, made of all wood.

dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2004-06-21 01:48 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-03-26 11:51, Octane wrote:
I haven't sold any thing yet. i have only done a few (all the ones in this thread). My parents have adopted most of them,

lucky parents to have such a talented kid!! my folks got big globs of clay with a handprint..

tell us when you have stuff to sell, you can get through school on the Tiki Central Tuition Program..

enjoy your summer..

elicia

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation