FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving octane (spring break carvings) 3/26/06
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
octane (spring break carvings) 3/26/06
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-15 6:29 pm   Permalink

I like those natural colors. If you do stain him the color variations will Still be there though. You might take a piece of scrap wood that has the colors onm it and try staining it to see how it will look before doing the carving?

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-12-16 4:51 pm   Permalink

this one is GREAT octane! I think anyway you stain him with or without the two-tone, it will look cool. Sometimes tiki speaks for themselves.
You may want to try a light colored stain and wipe off the majority of it as you apply. The wood might show well through that. Just a thought.
Awsome carving!

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-24 9:16 pm   Permalink

Aloha, Octane! We never got to see how this beautiful tiki finished up. How's college treating you? Any carving plans for spring break?

A-A

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-25 07:01 am   Permalink

Yeah, what's up?

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Octane
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-04 8:31 pm   Permalink

hey i autally still have not decided what to do with the last tiki so he is in my garage in the same condition except he has a little mold growing on him now.

College is a pain, at least this quarter, tons of busy work, and i have finals in a couple weeks.

about the only news i have is i got some more chisels (henry taylor carving set), a new work bench, and have become a little more organized.

not sure about if i'm going to carve at spring break as i'm not even sure how long it is to tell you the truth.

i will post pictures of the tikis once i finally make up my mind at what i'm going to do.

View Profile of Octane Send a personal message to Octane      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
doctiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-03-06 03:28 am   Permalink

Octane, dude, a tiki that's hanging ten, that way cool. Doc Tiki

View Profile of doctiki Send a personal message to doctiki  Email doctiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-06 4:34 pm   Permalink

Love the toes. My only suggestion is really more of a caution. when carving the palms, they usually get pretty weak towards the center. This guy has very small ankles, which on hard wood is Great, "Deep" Detail, but on a palm the ankles become very weak and at some point he will begin to Bow and bend at the ankles. Still, your Best carving by far.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-06 5:21 pm   Permalink

the detail on the toes is awesome. Nice!

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-08 12:56 pm   Permalink

School comes first! Keep up the good work, carve when you can. Make sure and keep us all posted on your next carving. Thanks for checking in, Octane.

A-A

-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Octane
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-08 8:26 pm   Permalink

well here is that last tiki updated, i decide not to stain it, just put some satin poly on it.

Thanks for the concern Ben i will look out for cutting in so deep on the plam wood.

thanks for the compliment doctiki, Raffertiki, polnesiac, and any one else i might have left out.

here is some seiling fan pull guys i did a little while ago, but i don't think i posted.

View Profile of Octane Send a personal message to Octane      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-08 8:36 pm   Permalink

Holy shit! I don't know how I missed Octane's work but I'm totally blown away! The finish on the cannibal is beautiful and the new guy is cool as hell... I'd give up a kidney to have even a tiny bit of the talent you've got! WOW!

View Profile of johntiki Send a personal message to johntiki  Goto the website of johntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-09 9:57 pm   Permalink

Octane, that came out awesome! Yes you did get organized... my garage is a real mess by comparison. Enjoy your spring break!

Aaron

-Pablo Picasso

Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-10 12:35 pm   Permalink

Very nice Octane.
Looking forward to meeting you and Stuff in June. I'll let you know.

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-10 4:06 pm   Permalink

Octane, that tiki looks dynamite and the finish is unbelievable. You had to wear out a lot of sandpaper. The Fan pulls areneat too.

Octane
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-01 7:36 pm   Permalink

thanks Johntiki, i'm only ussually around in the summer, so it is easy to miss my post.

Thanks AA, yeah i did get organized, i now have two work benches, with drawers and shelfs, so i can now find all my stuff.

thank Jungle Trader, i look forward to meeting you too, let me know when in june you will be up and we will try to get together.

Thanks Ben, i think with Palm you always go threw ton of snad paper

Well it is not offically summer yet, i have finals all next week, but i was able to carve a little threw out school and especailly this last weekend.

The first is just a medium size mask, not small like Ben's, but not really full mask size either. the mask is made of ash.

this next one i did this weekend, just messing around with a 1X6 scrap peice of popular. He is kind of like a shrunken head guy or so thing.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation