FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving octane (spring break carvings) 3/26/06
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
octane (spring break carvings) 3/26/06
Octane
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-11 8:16 pm   Permalink

thank you Jungletrader, Benzart, and TNT Tiki.

I hope you like the tiki TNTTiki, it was a fun project, i will post some pictures below of it finished with the clear coat on and some other various little projects (Cabinet door handles & finished Maori panel)

Here is the finished bat with the clear coat applied

this a Gecko Jr. at least a small version of Gecko's Maori guy. this will be like a door handle, beer tap, or some thing. he is 6 inches tall and 1 1/4 diameter. made out of a dowl i got at home depote

this is a pair of door handles made out of the same size wood as Gecko Jr.

here is that Maori pannel i did a week or so ago, but i finally got around to adding the shell eyes

View Profile of Octane Send a personal message to Octane      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TNTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-11 9:46 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 15:58 ]

View Profile of TNTiki Send a personal message to TNTiki  Email TNTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-12 06:35 am   Permalink

Yes the bat is very nice and that is Not Soft wood. I would like to have seen a bit of Head dress on top, but it's No big deal. Carving Well done.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Octane
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-15 12:43 pm   Permalink

2 finished pair of cabinet doore handles

View Profile of Octane Send a personal message to Octane      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TNTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-15 7:34 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 15:59 ]

View Profile of TNTiki Send a personal message to TNTiki  Email TNTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-15 9:07 pm   Permalink

That's going to be one cool cabinet with handles like that. that bat is awesome too - I'm sure it's a first and not to be copied by any other.
Is the cabinet going to be all tiki'd out too? Keep 'em coming - ya got talent...and a lot of it!

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-16 01:10 am   Permalink

ggod job Octane. Look towards getting them.

Mahalo'z

View Profile of GECKO Send a personal message to GECKO  Email GECKO Goto the website of GECKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Octane
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-16 3:06 pm   Permalink

Polynsiac: the handles were for Da Gecko, but i do have a cabinet that is being tikiifed, with tiki legs i carved (some where in an earlier post) and a set of door handles for my self, but thats it so far, i need to get the matting, bamboo, and top piece. i will post pictures when i finally finish it.

as for the bat, that wasn't my idea, but was TNTTiki's good idea.

Gecko, hope you like them, and here is the finished " Da not so big Puka" (4 1/2 inches tall)

No power tolls were injured in the making of this any of the O'tiki tiki's this summer

[ This Message was edited by: Octane on 2004-07-16 15:22 ]

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-16 3:30 pm   Permalink

excellent quality. What tools are you using? How about a picture of your workspace and tools?

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Octane
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-16 6:06 pm   Permalink

here is a picture of my work place. nothing special. I currently planning to build a new work bench, but until then this is it.

sorry for the mess haven't cleaned up today.

as far as tools, i have a a normal straight set of chisels (Millar falls), there are about 8 in the set but for the size work i'm duing i only use the two smallest one.

the short brown handled ones are just a palm set i got from Lee Valley, i don't even know the name of the brand.

there are small silver tools, almost dentist like tools, which are mini chisels which i got at Lee Valley as well (like $9.00) they aren't great quality and will bend if used on harder woods, or if you use with a hammer.

a standard old box cutting knife with the blades you can break off at cirtain points.

a old rubber mattel, that isn't very rubbery any more, and the head will fall off every once in a while.

a pair of calipper, for the smaller stuff to make sure everything is the same size (or as close as possible)works well especailly when doing a pair of tikis like the cabinet handles.

a vise that isn't even screwed down, and a couple of files, sand paper, a chop saw when having to cut off the tikis from the dowl/baseball bat blank (so i do use a power tool)

i think that is it ( i have many other tolls but are not used for tikis.

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-17 12:20 pm   Permalink

Octane, You get a Lot out of those few tools. Very well done. Thanks for posting the pic's

Octane
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-24 8:39 pm   Permalink

well back from my little vacation/trip.

Ben thank you for the comment on the tools. can i ask what type of tools you have? is there tools you really like?

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-24 9:10 pm   Permalink

I LOVE All Tools. I ue knives, chisels, gouges,Flexshaft grinder with various burs, Bandsaw and chainsaw. Thats all my toolsI Love Power tools but I love my Knives and ues them most.A view of some of my tools

TNTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-24 9:48 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 16:00 ]

Octane
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-27 6:19 pm   Permalink

here is some new stuff, 4 "not so big Puka's" and one fisherman god guy. the tongan (sp?) guy is flat on the back tofit up against a flat surface. i still need to carve one more of these guys. this is for a tiki display 4 "not so big Puka's for legs, and the tongan (sp?) guys on top of the stage/ horizontal part, but against the back (verticle) part

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation