FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving octane (spring break carvings) 3/26/06
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
octane (spring break carvings) 3/26/06
Octane
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-07 7:03 pm   Permalink

here you go Ragin' Rarotongan, both of your tikis unstained.

View Profile of Octane Send a personal message to Octane      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Octane
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-08 9:14 pm   Permalink

here are a few things i finished over the weekend.

the first is a Moai guy, he is made out of palm wood. he was kind of a spur of the moment thing, i wanted to test how well rthis new palm wood i got the other day, and i had this little peice.

i due have a couple of questions though about Palm wood, as i really haven't carved it much at all. what due you use to sand it? i used just standard sand paper but it clogged up very fast.
does it take stain well, or is there any secrets to staining palm?

this next project is a pannel that will go on the front on my tiki cabinet i'm currently in the midst of finishing. its only been a year so far. i have had the thing drawn out for a little while but i haven't gotten around to it.

View Profile of Octane Send a personal message to Octane      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TNTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-08 10:51 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 16:08 ]

View Profile of TNTiki Send a personal message to TNTiki  Email TNTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Octane
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-12 4:57 pm   Permalink

here are a few projects that i'm working on right now.

the first is a update for TNTiki on a Marquasen guy he asked me to due. made out of palm wood, right around a foot tall. second day i have worked on him, still needs some clean up, and little things before i can start to sand him.

this next one is a rarotongan guy, for myself, or ebay depending on the old bank account balance. he to is made out of palm wood and is right at 22-23 inches tall (6 inch diameter). he still needs to have his head squared off and more sanding before i can stain him up.

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-12 5:08 pm   Permalink

Look at you just goin crazy. these are lookin real good Octane. Are you going to stain or varnish them?

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Octane
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-12 5:11 pm   Permalink

i don't know whats the difference?

i don't have any idea how to stain or varnish palm wood is there any thing special?

TNTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-12 5:27 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 16:09 ]

View Profile of TNTiki Send a personal message to TNTiki  Email TNTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-12 9:05 pm   Permalink

Nice stuff Octane keep them coming man.

View Profile of Tiki-Toa Send a personal message to Tiki-Toa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-14 10:07 pm   Permalink

Octane brah, tanks plenny fo da stand. I finally got it stained and ready to go. Here are da pics as promised.

proto types #1,2 and 3. 1st batch will be in at da end of this month.

thanks again and glad to see you bizzzzy!

View Profile of GECKO Send a personal message to GECKO  Email GECKO Goto the website of GECKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-14 10:11 pm   Permalink

da stand is not slanted, it looks like it in da pics I just held da camera wrong because I was on a slanted hill dats why. Da stand is perfect it's my photo skillz thats not da best.

View Profile of GECKO Send a personal message to GECKO  Email GECKO Goto the website of GECKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-15 01:59 am   Permalink

And here I thought someone was doing photography after too many of those spotted gecko's.

Toa

View Profile of Tiki-Toa Send a personal message to Tiki-Toa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Octane
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-15 09:59 am   Permalink

thanks for posting the pics Gecko, looks like it turned out pretty well.

i like the matting you put on the back bottom. i thought about carving it up for you, or putting a pecie of tapa down there but that matting looks great.

hopefully the poplar didn't cause to much trouble with the staining. it looks like it turned out a good color and really did make that Maori style carving on the bottom of the stage back to show up.

the mugs look great, i can't wait and i'm sure other can't as well until the mugs come out for sale.

hope you enjoy the stage, and it works out for you.

Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-15 10:35 am   Permalink

Wow! You guys really make a great team. Your work compliment each other nicely. Everything looks awesome.

Chongolio

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-15 11:16 am   Permalink

Superbly superb. Great work guys.

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-15 11:59 am   Permalink

that looks awesome guys! Great job. The boys can create!

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation