FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Jungle's Outpost
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 Next Page )
Jungle's Outpost
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-01 9:03 pm   Permalink

Jungltrader, Nice work man,don't stop you are just gett'n good, Next comes better and better,
I like your frame of mind for pool waterscapes.One tiki does not make a pool tropical, 59 and tropical plants do along with any other carved goodies you can fit in.
You got it, go withit.
We want to see MORE....

[ This Message was edited by: Benzart on 2004-02-16 19:19 ]

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-16 6:14 pm   Permalink

The short one on the left is an Islander. It needs a little more detail work, then sand, burn, and stain. I painted both ends with an exterior primer, hopefully it will stop cracking.
The one on the right is for Polynesian Pop if he wants it, still needs sanding, burning and staining also. Hey Pop, if you want I'll cut off the goatee. It should be attached to the bottom lip. My bad, next time better.

They both will be easier to see once they're burnt and stained. The Islander is 2'-5" tall and The Bastard2 is 3'-9" tall. 150 clams or trade for the Bastard.

[ This Message was edited by: jungletrader on 2004-02-16 18:19 ]

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-18 09:23 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-02-16 18:14, jungletrader wrote:
The one on the right is for Polynesian Pop if he wants it, still needs sanding, burning and staining also. Hey Pop, if you want I'll cut off the goatee. It should be attached to the bottom lip.

Sweet! JT, no need to cut off the Goat - looks ok to me. I'll send you a PM for the details. Burned & Stained? Can't wait to see the finished product!!

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-02-18 2:34 pm   Permalink

Aaah! That's YOUR website! Makes perfect sense now. Found it through a search engine some time ago and been droolin' over those tikis ever since. Nice work - I love your pond and that Mr. Bali Hai is awesome.

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-25 1:56 pm   Permalink

Thanks Polynesiac. I'm having fun, just wish I had more time to carve.

Here is the final Bastard2 for Polynesian Pop.
He was hesitant to be photographed but I offered him a poodle for lunch and he immediately stopped his shenanigans and struck this pose.

[ This Message was edited by: jungletrader on 2004-03-01 18:06 ]

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-01 5:36 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: jungletrader on 2004-03-04 22:23 ]

Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-10 6:45 pm   Permalink

I don't think I'm going to burn redwood poles anymore, I think it covers up the beauty of the grain, so I sanded this handsome fellow down again and gave him a decent manicure then slapped 3 coats of marine varnish on him.
Ladies....he's looking dapper and he's ready for a night out on the town.

I was considering cutting the top bark off and fastening a pad there to make him a bar stool. What do you think? Leave it?

[ This Message was edited by: jungletrader on 2004-03-11 19:58 ]

SES
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-10 6:53 pm   Permalink

I like it the way it is!

View Profile of SES Send a personal message to SES      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-10 10:22 pm   Permalink

J.T.
I like it the way you portray it!
Keep it up!!
Unga

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-11 8:02 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the feedback Susane and Unga Bunga!! See you in Santa Cruz U.B. Somebody tell CruzinTiki I'm headed that way.

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

Polynesiac

Posted: 2004-03-11 9:40 pm   Permalink

I like the look of the marine varnish on him. Do you put marine varnish on every tiki that may live outside?
I've been putting Thompsons water seal on a few of mine and it comes out sticky, and doesn't even seem to protect it all that well.
If I may add my $.02...I think you should leave the tiki the way it is. A bar stool would be cool, don't get me wrong, but I think his hat adds a lot of character. Keep posting your stuff for us - I really dig your style!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-11 9:58 pm   Permalink

Okay the consensus is....leave it the way it is.
Thanks Polynesiac, this is the first one with the marine varnish. I like the kinder, gentler style of tikis..........your style kicks too. You carve the tongue real well on your creations.

[ This Message was edited by: jungletrader on 2004-03-11 22:00 ]

Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-22 9:40 pm   Permalink

Here's my latest creations. They are standing guard at Whanga Rei in case you haven't seen them in the "Locating Tiki" forum

[ This Message was edited by: Jungle Trader on 2004-07-22 21:41 ]

Polynesiac

Posted: 2004-07-22 9:50 pm   Permalink

AWESOME! JT's back carvin'!

THese guys look great - I can't wait to see them in person. Are you carving some for the inside too? How tall are these guys?

****okay I just checked the locating tiki forum and found out that had I simply looked first, my question was answered...they're 10 footers - nice job!****

"Hey, at least I'm housebroken."

[ This Message was edited by: Polynesiac on 2004-07-22 21:53 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Polynesiac on 2004-07-22 21:54 ]

Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-22 9:56 pm   Permalink

Polynesiac, yes I'll be carving for the inside also. These are 10 ft. tall. This job is on going for quite a while, it's really a dream come true. It could last for a year. The hardest part will be finding dead palmwood that is at the right stage for carving, not too wet and before the bugs get to it. There's 6 more 10 footers ready for me. A carver's delight.

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation