FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Jungle's Outpost
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 Next Page )
Jungle's Outpost
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-04 8:31 pm   Permalink

Here's the latest edition of the "MINNIE'S" Tiki Mug. Only 54 of these were made with brown metallic glaze and "MINNIE'S" engraved on the back side. $35.00 each.

[ This Message was edited by: Jungle Trader 2006-08-12 16:55 ]

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-04 9:38 pm   Permalink

Now you are the Master baitor. You know you can get carbide chain loops for carving telephone pols and other tough sandy woods???
Like the Mug. Coming to Huki this year???

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
foamy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-05 05:21 am   Permalink

I like that mug alot. Where do ya get 'em?

View Profile of foamy Send a personal message to foamy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-05 12:14 pm   Permalink

Thanks Benz, hey I will try a carbide chain. I just sold a few of the T pole carvings that were on display at the County Fair this last summer.
Not going to Huki this year. I will miss the Mai Kai. Such an awesome place.

Foamy, I sent you a PM.

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-05 2:26 pm   Permalink

I forgot to tell you they are available at http://www.baileys-online.com/store/USA.htm
There are 2 types, 1 has the teeth welded on like a table saw blade, and the other is called "Inject-a-sharp carbide chain" and it just has carbide pieces welde to the teeth like some of the carbide burs, and it is much cheaper.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-07 9:49 pm   Permalink

JT, I WILL make the pilgrimage to Minnies to get one of these... one of these days for sure.

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-10 12:39 pm   Permalink

I missed that last tiki update...very nice work- I totally dig that last one, very creative style. THose mugs are lookin' good to. YOu producing those yourself?

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-10 5:34 pm   Permalink

Thanks AA.
Polynesiac, I had someone make these for me. But these are done. No more will be made. I also have the original plaster model if anyone is interested in buying it.

Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-13 3:31 pm   Permalink

Design by Chongolio, The Swingin' Cannibal

Polynesiac
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-14 08:38 am   Permalink

Hey JT! great combo with chongo! I dig the hair...it's on FIRE!

I have to say too that you are quite adept at burning the tikis...the sizzle marks are very precise. Nice job. got any more?

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-14 7:55 pm   Permalink

Polly, carve burn, sand, burn sand, carve, burn and sand some more. I'm taking a break from carving for a while.

Mahalo

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-14 8:00 pm   Permalink

Quote:
Polly, carve burn, sand, burn sand, carve, burn and sand some more. I'm taking a break from carving for a while.

Nice stuff JT. What's next on your todo list?

http://www.NiceFishy.com

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-14 8:48 pm   Permalink

Carving is great, sanding sucks. Burning might be cool... never tried it. Big comps to Jungle Trader and Chongo. Excellent design and execution!

A-A

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-14 9:50 pm   Permalink

That's very niceJungle trader, it looks like an UnFriendly stool, a might shocking seatlooks sharp, when someone buys it I guess they get the point??I Like IT

Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-15 2:32 pm   Permalink

Thanks Raff, AA, Polynesiac, Benz, foamy.

Hey Benz, this one is not for sale. Some things you gotta keep or give away. This one's a keeper.

I do have another 8 footer that's finished and up in the back yard. It's Maori style like the one that was at Whanga Rei. Someday I'll post it.

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation