FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Jungle's Outpost
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 Next Page )
Jungle's Outpost
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-18 1:35 pm   Permalink

Hey Benz, nope, that girl is my daughter's age and a friend of hers. If I tried somethin' with her I'd be up shit creek without a poodle. Besides I had to abandon the role of SugarDaddy and become just a dad.
The real reason I'm not carving is cuz landscaping is very busy.

TikiDuddy, that 12 ft. Maori is actually on the ground because that's where the owner wanted it, hopefully only temporary. I should call him, try to buy it back, and find a nice home for it where it could stand tall again.

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-30 3:53 pm   Permalink

I'm doing about 30 of these hand painted Minnie's Mugs. Here's the first already sold.

Hope you like it.

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-03 3:31 pm   Permalink

Here's the third one for me.

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

tikiwinebear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-03 3:58 pm   Permalink

Cool, JT! I like that one. Kinda reminds me of the Frank Gorshin character in the original Star Trek series where he was half black and half white.

- Myke

View Profile of tikiwinebear Send a personal message to tikiwinebear  Email tikiwinebear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-10-04 6:31 pm   Permalink

Love the paintjobs JT - that mug would look cool with the white dot type painting...can't hink of the name of it now.

It was great finally meeting you at FI - we gots ta hook up again, bro!

How did I leave without one of your mugs?!?!?! how much are the hand painted ones going for?

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-04 6:48 pm   Permalink

sweet. Two Face tiki

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-19 08:31 am   Permalink

My latest rootball at Minnie's. Some of you have already seen it. Come see us sometime in da' jungle.

[ Edited by: Aaron's Akua - to fix image link - 2006-11-19 10:36 ]

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-19 12:55 pm   Permalink

be Rite there. Love your Hairballs and the painted mugz Rock!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
wplugger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-20 04:06 am   Permalink

JT, I see you have a long impressive thread. You are not new to this. Every thing is nice. I wonder if you agree that carving the hair balls is only 1/2 the challenge, finding them, moving them & setting them up is the other half.
Wplugger

View Profile of wplugger Send a personal message to wplugger      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-20 08:30 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-10-04 18:31, Polynesiac wrote:
Love the paintjobs JT - that mug would look cool with the white dot type painting...can't think of the name of it now.

hmmm, white dot, white dot. Well black dots would be cow.

wplugger, absolutely that's the other half. Finding, moving, setting up is very difficult. Symmetry in carving is another challenge.

Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-20 8:52 pm   Permalink

There's something I've always admired about Vic's carving style... Concise - that's the word. Simple but tight, not too much, not too little. Clean lines, nice burn... Gotta dig it!

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-20 8:57 pm   Permalink

Hmmm. That black and white mug looks amazingly similar to the one on my mug shelf. Could it be that you gave up the one you were hoping to keep for yourself to make a fellow TCer happy? If so, you rock, JT.

Huge Mahalos,
from the other JT

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-20 10:12 pm   Permalink

AA, you are a kind man, you too Benz. My style is just simple. No fuss, no dazzle, just straight up. It's not hugely popular but it's what I am.

Jentiki, you're right. I was gonna keep that one for myself. I really enjoy making something different everytime. There's very little challenge in duplication. You have the only one.

Thanks again.

JohnnyP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-21 4:00 pm   Permalink

Good to see you posting again. The trees here in Michigan just don't have the same roots as palms, so I always think it neat when I see a root ball tiki.

JP

View Profile of JohnnyP Send a personal message to JohnnyP  Email JohnnyP Goto the website of JohnnyP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-22 10:50 am   Permalink

It's raining and I'm bored. Carvers are taking over THE WORLD HAWHAWHAW. Where's my peyote?

PNG Style Spirit mask, seeking bone for nose, redwood

King Kamehameha, not done yet, palmwood

Maori, looks like crap, not done, palmwood

Brooding, needs stain, redwood

Laughing Moai, palmwood

PNG style mask w/reptile tongue, seeking hair and bone for nose, redwood

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation