FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Jungle's Outpost
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 Next Page )
Jungle's Outpost
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-10 5:13 pm   Permalink

Man! looking great. love the hairball flame.
Yes the gun shell cool great conversation piece.

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Savage Daddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-10 5:30 pm   Permalink

NIce tikis.

View Profile of Savage Daddy Send a personal message to Savage Daddy  Email Savage Daddy Goto the website of Savage Daddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tucson Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-10 5:32 pm   Permalink

I really dig this piece. I have been wranglin' with my wood source for a log with the rootball on it. I like the flames. Some multiple orange/yellowish stain would be cool if done corectly. Very neat as always. Ruler!

View Profile of Tucson Tiki Send a personal message to Tucson Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-28 9:20 pm   Permalink

So on Mother's Day (about 6 weeks ago) I go out to check out my pond and I see thousands of tadpoles only about 1/8" long just a swimmin around. Tiny little things. Today I amble out and find tiny toads no bigger than my thumbnail hopping this way and that. Cutest darn things you ever saw. The Tiki Gods have blessed my backyard with healthy habitat. WOOT! Just 2 weeks after I saw the tadpoles I saw a red-eared slider turtle swimmin' around. Three weeks later I saw him again sticking his head up for air. I caught it and it has a beautiful shell (about the width of a golf ball) almost neon green laced with yellow. WOOT again! Good thing the pet gator is only made of fiberglass eh?
Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-28 9:22 pm   Permalink

pix soon

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-02 9:41 pm   Permalink

Here's my latest, just a tad short of 5 ft. tall. As some of you know, the most prominent feature on a Moai is the nose. I started out carving away the wood on the forehead, but then I knew the features would not balance out so I switched to carving the nose deep into the cylinder shaped log of still green palmwood. Looks simple but it isn't. A lot of wood has to be removed. I think it took approximately 8 hours to get to this point. Carve on!

[ This Message was edited by: Jungle Trader 2008-08-03 10:02 ]

Tikilizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-03 09:35 am   Permalink

Lookin' great! The grain looks perfect for the big Moai. Happy carving.

View Profile of Tikilizard Send a personal message to Tikilizard  Email Tikilizard Goto the website of Tikilizard     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-03 10:03 am   Permalink

Very impressive JT!

Perfect log for a moai, nice and wide! And the nose looks perfect.

Nice work!

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-03 9:12 pm   Permalink

You can see he's looking over the horizon.
Nice job JT!

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-04 09:56 am   Permalink

Need a shot with you next to it for size reference. Looking good.

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-04 10:21 am   Permalink

Awesome!!!

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-04 8:46 pm   Permalink

Great Job! that's one handsome fella.

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-08-05 12:10 am   Permalink

Nice looking Moai, Tarzan.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-05 04:18 am   Permalink

kick ass!

hope this helps.

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-11 10:59 am   Permalink

Thanks Dollar (real NAME!). Thanks also to Lizard, (not real name), Lake, UB, Matt, (as soon as I find a model for this one I'll post her), Spermy, seeksurf, and Grog (brother in the jungle).
Here's more creations from the hands of Jungle.
Yah the Moai is about 5 ft and you'll notice he has a beauty spot on his left cheek and no ears, (Van Gogh Mo). How many people do you know with beauty spots on their left cheek?
The latest waterscape is done and the customer is elated. I was gonna include a tiki with the pond and stream but he wanted a koi instead. I got tronchoteric burrcitis (sp?) from digging this one, (clay and rock soil) but I'm recovering quickly, just a litle hitch in my get-along. Jungle stand tall again tomorrow.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation