FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Jungle's Outpost
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 Next Page )
Jungle's Outpost
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-12 03:02 am   Permalink

WOW Digger, More great work, love the water scape but unhappy to hear about the joint pain(hanging around the wrong joints recently lol ). Your Moai is an Excellent example of how to do him right and had you not mentioned it we would have not even noticed he was deaf with no ears. It is amazing after even doing many Moai how you can begin another one and have their complex simplicity sneak up on you and shake their finger at you for taking them for granted. Those Ancient Moai Love to do that sort of thing, be Proud they visited you instead of letting you blindly blunder through it.
Great to see more of your stuff!
Here's another one

Wanna see More, check out JT's Website and see why I call him Digger!

HERE, Check it OUT

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-13 08:38 am   Permalink

Thanks Mr. Wizard!! Complicated simplicity, that's a Moai.

Here's another image of the koi pond, and waterfall. The stream starts at the top right in this shot. This will look 10 times better in a few years when the plants and trees have matured and "naturalized". There is a water lily at the bottom of the pond that is dormant right now. This spring it will be flush with new green pads and flowers at the top of the pond. I had 3 large moss rocks lowered in and placed with a crane, you can see 2 of them.
Thanks for looking!

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-13 11:39 am   Permalink

Vic, you do beautiful work... both you wood carvings and your waterscapes.

I am envious of the one talent, for I have tried over the last couple of years to create a realistic pond and waterfall setting.

It is an art to recreate what nature does so "naturally" and you are excellent at it.

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-14 2:59 pm   Permalink

WOW! Thanks Lake, you just made my day with the positive vibes.

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-14 5:18 pm   Permalink

Yes some nice work in the backyard.

Love the big Moai what a great addition to the place.
The other fella is cool he has a Moai Buda thing going
to me because of the smile.

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-17 1:48 pm   Permalink

Thanks seek, one of these daze we'll meet.
Here's another Moai, this one has a sort of Clint Eastwood grimace. "Go ahead make my day!"

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-17 6:56 pm   Permalink

You Coming to Hukilau this year Digger? Love to see you there!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-17 6:56 pm   Permalink

You Coming to Hukilau this year Digger? Love to see you there!

keigs20
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-17 9:04 pm   Permalink

sweet Moais are my fav.
watch out for the skeleton guy he is trying to steal them.
Or am I just seeing things?

View Profile of keigs20 Send a personal message to keigs20  Email keigs20 Goto the website of keigs20     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-17 10:19 pm   Permalink

Ahh, Benzart I don't think I'll be making Huki this year. When you coming to Forbidden Island? That would be an event.

keigs, you might be a little tipsy, there's no skeleton. When you coming down to F.I.?

I'm watching the PBR right now. Bullriders like Tater Porter, Ryan Dirteater (real name) and Howdy Cloud. I kid you not. These guys are tuff.
ALOHA! And Shit Howdy!!!

big daddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-17 11:11 pm   Permalink

those moais are great. they look huge. how big are they? love the waterfall and stream. been contemplating a stream from the front door to the back along the side of the house. just gotta add it to the honeydo list (#639 around here).

bd

View Profile of big daddy Send a personal message to big daddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-18 10:23 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-01-17 23:11, big daddy wrote:
those moais are great. they look huge. how big are they? love the waterfall and stream. been contemplating a stream from the front door to the back along the side of the house. just gotta add it to the honeydo list (#639 around here).

bd

big daddy those Moai's are about 5 ft. tall.

Streams are easy to do. Dig the stream area deeper than you think you should and maybe bring in a little extra soil for the top part of it to ensure a gradual decline to the reservoir or pond. The length of the stream determines the size of the pump. Always use a bigger pump than you think you need, if it's too big you can always install a T and a couple ball valves as a diversion. A filter is a good idea as well, especially if the stream is in full sun. I use 45 mil rubber liner, supposedly lasts 40 years.
Hope this helps.

big daddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-18 4:03 pm   Permalink

thanks for the info JT. i have a small pond to capture rain runoff from the house but the stream info will help. have a great weekend (well mine starts today)

bd

View Profile of big daddy Send a personal message to big daddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-20 09:51 am   Permalink

WOW! Dam nice and a too-fur! You are coming on strong.

Nice size, good strong bold lines nice.

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-24 9:08 pm   Permalink

New handpainted Minnie's Restaurant Tiki Mugs.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation