FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Jungle's Outpost
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 Next Page )
Jungle's Outpost
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-22 7:11 pm   Permalink

laojia, I couldn't remember the other ones, but a few, greed, slothfulness. Thanks!
Benzart, if I can do some small stuff,....maybe jus maybe.
Pablus, it's good to hear from you. I was looking at some Shag art and soon as I saw "The Mournful Ukulele", I thought of you.
But here's a new image you might like. You guys are all welcome to drop in whenev.

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-22 11:07 pm   Permalink

Lot's of good stuff going on, Vic!

I love the contrast of light and dark on "Drunk" and "Lust!"

Your backyard is a tiki paradise!

I look forward to the day when things green up and start growing here, but it still looks like a couple of months out yet.

I've got to get up in your area one of these days also and check out your digs!

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-23 08:26 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-03-22 14:31, Jungle Trader wrote:
Some of you already know "Drunk" and "Lust"

Yes... I fairly well acquainted with them.

Backyard looks GREAT!

View Profile of TheBigT Send a personal message to TheBigT      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-03-23 09:40 am   Permalink

NIce new carves vic! I like your contrasting light and dark (both in the carvings and the painted mugs - the b+w mug is REALLY well done)

they're both really awesome! I like the skewed lines of symmetry in the expression!

Nice backyard too - you gots a good eye for landscaping!!!!!

Polynesiac - putting the "F" back in "ART"

[ This Message was edited by: Polynesiac 2009-03-23 09:42 ]

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Danno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-23 11:44 am   Permalink

JUNGLE'S OUTPOST! Dude . . . Duude . . . DUUDE! Awesome! Obviously, I have not perused this "topic" before in fine enough detail.

View Profile of Danno Send a personal message to Danno      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-31 8:40 pm   Permalink

Lake, BigT, Polynesiac, Bookem Dano (I jus love sayin' that), mahalo for the good vibrations. You guys are all welcome at The Jungle's Outpost.
I don't think I posted this bad boy. Maybe I did and it was miniaturized by Hanford. It's at Minnie's for 325 clams. Pua shell eyes and cowry around the mouth, razorback reptile tongue. The hair is actually Cali Brown bear, got it from a local taxidermist. This style is in one of the Oceanic Arts books I have, very elaborate.

[ This Message was edited by: Jungle Trader 2009-04-01 07:18 ]

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-31 8:47 pm   Permalink

Vic look at you ...using bear fur and getting all creative!

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
big daddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-01 12:33 pm   Permalink

damn!!! that's where my toupee went. good use of the fur and that backyard looks great. doesn't get any better than sipping a refreshing adult beverage and tossing a line in and waiting for the fish to bite.

bd

View Profile of big daddy Send a personal message to big daddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laojia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-01 9:05 pm   Permalink

The proliferation of technical is very interesting, it's really replica of old idols, with a Jungle Trader's touch...Well done!

View Profile of laojia Send a personal message to laojia      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-10 2:15 pm   Permalink

Liz, thanks. I try new things as much as possible. Bought a slab of clay at Michael's and tried to shape it but gave up. I'll stick to shaping wood.
big daddy, drop a line buddy. I tried to catch one "wallygray" koi this morning, with a net. He got away, I fell on my butt. ARRRR!
laojia, PNG is cool.

This image doesn't have tiki in it, so sorry. It's a front yard renovate of a landscape I did maybe 6 or 7 years ago. For all your info, a landscape should be reassessed by a designer (me) every 2 or 3 years as plants die, change, grow. The owner wanted a dry stream running thru the planter, old overgrown plants removed and new ones installed. WALLAH! The Look.

benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-11 12:22 am   Permalink

Your garden looks very nice but with a few of your tikis it will be perfect.
By the way, excellent new one.

Benjamin.

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
big daddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-11 12:29 am   Permalink

hahaha! fell on your butt. at least it was in a haven of a backyard. been busy shooing the cat away from the feeder fish in the plastic planter! looking at your backyard makes me want to move the karmann ghia ( and the veggies ) out of the way and dig a hole and put a pond in. one day....

bd

View Profile of big daddy Send a personal message to big daddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-12 3:24 pm   Permalink

Aloha benella and big daddy, Happy Easter guys!
I wanted to show these newly painted ones although the one in the center has been shown. I'm keepin' these bad boys. The Bosko Kukohewa mug to the right actually inspired the Minnie's mug design. Aloha to Bosko and Truus, hope they and you guys are having a fine Easter Sunday with family/friends.

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-12 5:07 pm   Permalink

Digger, I Really love the Red one, I don't blame you for keeping them all!.Cool stuff.
Excellent on the landscape too, nice and Clean and serene!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-08 4:51 pm   Permalink

Thanks Mr. Wizard!
Here's 4 little brothers.

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation