FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Jungle's Outpost
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 Next Page )
Jungle's Outpost
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-17 07:55 am   Permalink

Hey Jungle Digger, those are really lookin nice. You aredefinately coming Clean with the detail. These are the most Crisp, clean pieces I have seen from you. Keep going like that and you'll be a Master carver before you know it.
HappyHappyHappy

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-02-17 8:10 pm   Permalink

HOLY CRAP JT those are some downright kick ass carvings. You are the man. Period.
I never listen to tiki music when I carve, mostly Abba or the Village people. But then again, I also carve in a thong.

JT, no pirate yet? Let's carve up a whole crew of 'em and take over OASIS!

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-18 07:59 am   Permalink

To borrow from Bamboo Ben, "ARRRRRRRR MATEY!"
Got any pirate designs Polynesiac?

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-28 6:18 pm   Permalink

Here's the finished Maori for Poly Pop. Hope you like it braddah.

Still needs some very minor fine tuning.

[ This Message was edited by: Jungle Trader on 2005-02-28 18:49 ]

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-28 8:32 pm   Permalink

Your stuff rules, JT! Mighty fine I say. Mighty fine.

View Profile of KAHAKA Send a personal message to KAHAKA  Email KAHAKA Goto the website of KAHAKA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-01 04:41 am   Permalink

Excellent tiki Jungle Digger, they keep getting better and better, I like that. I'm sure PolyPop will Love this, Who in their right mind wouldn't??
The only problem with your carvings is that there aren't enough of them, so kick it up another knotch

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-01 04:51 am   Permalink

Great work JT...I'm glad this post got
bumped up...your BIG tikis are fabulous...a
great inspiration!

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-01 07:05 am   Permalink

Thanks guys.
There's more but I won't show them here, you'll need to come to Tiki Oasis in Palm Springs to see them.
Benzie, howz your carvings coming along after your surgery? Send me an e-mail.

Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-01 1:07 pm   Permalink

Nice work, killer design. Guess I'll just have to see the rest at Oasis, then. Congrats to PolyPop on the new acquisition.

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-25 07:17 am   Permalink

This is the carving of the design for my very first Tiki mug. It's the second carving in that style. The first was sold to a couple in Sacramento. Peter, the owner of Minnie's, liked it so much he wanted to buy it, but we couldn't agree on a price. The mug will be available at TO5.

BigBro, would you call this California cartoon style? Who "coined" that term, Bosko?

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

aquaorama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-25 08:02 am   Permalink

Hey Jungle Trader-

Can I reserve a mug even though I won't be at TO5? I gotta have me a "Minnies" mug!

View Profile of aquaorama Send a personal message to aquaorama      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikimecula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-25 09:22 am   Permalink

Looking Good! Let's see more!

View Profile of tikimecula Send a personal message to tikimecula  Email tikimecula Goto the website of tikimecula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-27 3:20 pm   Permalink

California Cartoon Style? Never heard it, but I like it. In the BOT I talk about the three modern Tiki carving influences other than the original Island styles: Cartoon, modern art, and surrealism. Milan Guanko cited "Kiddie cartoons" as his influence. So it is quite alright to use it, and it seems fitting for the above carving.

I think it is a good general term for those who need to know "What style is this?", when it really isn't any.

But what makes it different from "Florida Cartoon Style"?

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-27 3:26 pm   Permalink

Bro, well Bosko must have coined the term. He has many that are described as that style on his website.

What makes it different from Fla. cartoon style is..... no BIG teeth....BIG lips instead. Exaggerated features, which you find on many tikis anyway but maybe Cali. cartoon style is kinder and gentler? Just my observations maybe.

[ This Message was edited by: Jungle Trader on 2005-03-27 15:48 ]

teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-27 7:48 pm   Permalink

JT, so you say fl. is big lips vs Cali? I don't think I will know about this stuff for some time cause I got to first know the different in the two orange juices. I would say that yours has big lips cause it covers the lower face pretty good. I call those lips "The Homer" and I will coin that if no one has.

The tiki mug looks good. I personally like the differrent cuts in my tiki like those. It will be interesting to see the mug next to the pic of your wood. Craving that is.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation