FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Tikis By Seamus - concrete Tikis galore! NEW Pics Pg 9
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
Tikis By Seamus - concrete Tikis galore! NEW Pics Pg 9
seamus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-06 3:29 pm   Permalink

Wow, In Vegas, are you sure it was mine? That's kinda bizarre since I've never shipped anything to Nevada. I'm gonna have to get to the bottom of that.
That's a great fountain. I might just have to make one like that.
Thanks Mike for the link too. I enjoyed reading about Tarpon Springs. It gives it a personal spin. We're gonna have to get out to Fla. and check some of those places out. I swear one of these days we're gonna sell the house and buy an old motorhome and hit the road. There's just too many interesting places we wanna see and experience before we decide where we wanna live next. Is there a good flea market or swap meet in that area?

View Profile of seamus Send a personal message to seamus  Email seamus Goto the website of seamus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-07 08:22 am   Permalink

Seamus,
I assumed they were yours as they were cast concrete masks and tikis. Can't recall if they were exactly the same as in your posts, but you're the only person on the board who seems to do a lot of cast concrete stuff. The person who runs Red Rooster tiki shop posts on TC, so maybe they can clarify where the merchandise came from....
How possible would it be to make a mold of the tiki fountain at the hotel and cast a replica of it? I think it is about for feet tall.

Muggler,
Don't know how I missed your original post on Tahitian Resort. We love that place and have stayed there a couple of times, while messing around in Tarpon Springs for the weekend. I sure hope someone saves those tikis if it ever gets torn down.
Also, there are some good antique shops in the area and a thrift store next to the hotel. (I bought my Mr. Bali Hai mug in Tarpon Springs.) I always thought it would make a cool place for a tiki weekend party that includes a day trip to Weeki-Watchee. (Still haven't been to see the mermaids, but need to do so.)
KG

[ This Message was edited by: kailuageoff on 2003-11-07 10:32 ]

View Profile of Kailuageoff Send a personal message to Kailuageoff  Email Kailuageoff     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seamus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-07 10:24 am   Permalink

It is possible to make molds and replicate just about anything these days. There are people who specialize in architectual restoration that are masters of the craft. If I were to make one, I would just do a close approximation of it, sort of like I did with the Outrigger mug. When I buld them by hand (without a mold) I can control the thickness of the "skin" , and keep them amazingly lightweight. When I use a mold, although still hollow, they are quite a bit thicker walled, and quite a bit heavier. For instance, a 3ft tall handbuilt spitting Moai fountain can be about the same weight as a 20" Moai cast from a mold. Both weigh in around 30lbs. Of course weight issues are only really important when it comes to shipping costs (or moving them!).Even still, a 4ft casting could easily weigh 75lbs or more, and thats w/ a hollow center. Once in place, who cares?

View Profile of seamus Send a personal message to seamus  Email seamus Goto the website of seamus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Ragin' Rarotongan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-02 2:32 pm   Permalink

i know this an old thread but i recently ordered 2 of seamus's plaques and i was very suprised in the awsome craftsmanship. i got the kapu and moai face mounted on board and framed in bamboo. awsome job seamus! thanks again.
"Want a beer?'"...."It's 7:00 in the morning!"...."Scotch?"...."Not during working hours."

View Profile of The Ragin' Rarotongan Send a personal message to The Ragin' Rarotongan  Email The Ragin' Rarotongan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seamus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-17 1:08 pm   Permalink

Aloha Everyone!!
I just wanted to let you all know that after an extended relocation fiasco I am finally settled again, back to making Tikis, and best of all back on Tiki Central!

My deepest apologies to anyone who tried placing an order with me this summer. Now that I am back to work, I have discovered that I lost my Email contacts when I switched my ISP. Any of you out there who are still interested, please Email me again and remind me.

It's nice to be back.
seamus

TikisbySeamus.com

Tikitronic
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-11-17 2:37 pm   Permalink

Welcome back Seamus! From curiosity - where did you land? Are you still in Oregon?

View Profile of Tikitronic Send a personal message to Tikitronic  Goto the website of Tikitronic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seamus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-17 5:44 pm   Permalink

Howdy Tikitronic!
Yes, We're still in Oregon. It's kinda funny, but after all the road trips, daydreaming, and wearing out our welcome in the spare rooms, backyards, and RV's of most everyone we knew well enough to mooch off of, we found a great deal on this cute litle ranch home right back where we started. Waldport. I don't know if we like this place more than we thought, or that we couldn't find anything else that we liked better. A little of both I guess. You know the old saying that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone, well, it proved true in our case. Being nomadic is great for awhile, but's really good to be settled again.

TikisbySeamus.com

Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-17 8:04 pm   Permalink

Good to hear from you Seamus. I'm looking at one of your creations right now. Now that you splained what you ben up to, welcome back.

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-18 09:42 am   Permalink

Good to have you back Seamus!

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomicchick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-18 7:31 pm   Permalink

Hey Seamus!

When are you going to start making some mugs? Just waiting....

View Profile of Atomicchick Send a personal message to Atomicchick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seamus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-19 6:59 pm   Permalink

Thanks friends.

I tried mugs, but they were too heavy, and noone seemed to like drinking out of concrete!
Seriously, it's on my really long to do list.

TikisbySeamus.com

puamana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-25 10:06 am   Permalink

Welcome back, Seamus ! I'll send you an email, as we're still on for a Monterey and a Walaka tiki.

[ This Message was edited by: puamana on 2004-11-25 10:07 ]

View Profile of puamana Send a personal message to puamana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seamus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-07 12:52 pm   Permalink

I finally got around to finshing my version of that way cool fountain at the Royal Tahitian in Tarpon Springs FL. I've never seen it in person and have no idea of the dimensions, but mine is about 3 ft tall.

Here's another spitting fountain I just finished.

This Moai went to a TC member right before Christmas.

TikisbySeamus.com

seamus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-07 1:20 pm   Permalink

Here's a few more items that aren't on my website.

Thanks for looking, and Happy New Year to all !

TikisbySeamus.com

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-07 2:18 pm   Permalink

Welcome back Seamus. Your art has improved and is better thqn ever. it was good before but seems more finely detailed now. Welcome back.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation