FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Tikis By Seamus - concrete Tikis galore! NEW Pics Pg 9
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
Tikis By Seamus - concrete Tikis galore! NEW Pics Pg 9
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-24 3:37 pm   Permalink

Those new guys are awesome! Seamus. Glad to see you are still crankin em out. I look forward to talking with you at the crawl!

Chongolio

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-24 4:14 pm   Permalink

seamus, I have always loved your tikis.

I have a double pond in the backyard that seriously needs a spitter of some kind, probably under 2' tall. Maybe we can talk before the NW Tiki crawl in June! Keep up the sweet tikis, every one I've seen I've loved.
Mahalo!

Great Minds Drink Alike

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seamus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-24 4:51 pm   Permalink

Thanks Chongolio and Tikiwahine, that means alot. I just hooked up a couple of the spitters in our new/empty backyard. The pond isn't built yet, but I have a little kidney shaped concrete mini pond I made a few yrs ago that works nicely. It's amazing what the sound of spashing water and few well placed red and green flood lights can do to an otherwise dull yard. I plan on being a vendor at the NW Crawl this year, so yeah, shoot me an Email and let me know what you're lookin for.
I'll see you Chong in about a week!

TikisbySeamus.com

[ This Message was edited by: seamus on 2005-03-24 16:52 ]

View Profile of seamus Send a personal message to seamus  Email seamus Goto the website of seamus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-24 4:53 pm   Permalink

I like that mounted/framed stuff. Too cool!

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seamus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-24 5:03 pm   Permalink

Yeah, well, I often imagine how much better they'd look in a Monkeyman frame.
Maybe someday we can do a merger project?

View Profile of seamus Send a personal message to seamus  Email seamus Goto the website of seamus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-24 8:46 pm   Permalink

Seamus I have been looking to see if your on and never catch you. Thanks to you I look at concrete in a whole new light. Just this week I made some cool stuff that I have been thinking of. And I think in concrete now. When I walk through the park I am studying the different colors and textures of concrete structures. Some of that stuff is so smooth.

For the first time, I have something that I made for outside. I think that I am getting good fast. I was thinking, if you don't mind, I could do a tiki inspired from yours and make it a tribute piece. I really need to get one of your mask though cause they look to be of the highest quality and put it on my wall of masks. The color appears to be orange. ? I see that you are a sponsor for the crawl and it looks like you are having fun out there. I do have you beat with the Home Depot.

Cheers teakey

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-24 9:11 pm   Permalink

http://www.tiki-madness.com/concrete-tikis.html Talk about heavy!!! Seamus What about a tiki lamp with the tiki holding a flame type lightbuld in its hand. Or how about a tiki like the stuff Gecko does with the fountain streaming from a lower place That would be a first I bet.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Dale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-25 11:12 am   Permalink

Well done Mr. Seamus. All are different and perfect. Its not every day you hear someone say: "hand sculpted concrete"

When all our wood ones have rotted and blown away, some future archeologist will be wondering, "Who's this Seamus, and what do these beings mean?

View Profile of Mr. Dale Send a personal message to Mr. Dale  Email Mr. Dale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seamus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-25 3:12 pm   Permalink

Hey now Mr.Dale, Don't go using that word perfect! There's countless little things about most of the Tikis I've posted here that make me cringe. I do try to learn from those things and not repeat them on the next one, but my bad habits are particularly hard to break. I try to get all the bugs worked out of the ones I make molds of, but the free hand sculptures are trial and error. I can't go back and shave a little more off one side after it's dry and I'm looking at it with fresh (or sober) eyes.

teaKEY, you crack me up! I know what you mean about looking at all the stuf around you and recognizing all the applications of concrete. I do that constantly. And smooth? You wanna talk smooth? I've volunteered time with our local skatepark builders on two different parks. (I now live directly across the street from one of them by the way.) Those guys can get that stuff as smooth as glass. With the right right wheels you can get amazing speed on those surfaces and remain practically in stealth silence.

Keep up the experimenting. It sounds like you're gettin the knack, and have already been bit by the bug. And most of all post Pics when you're ready, and share your story.

TikisbySeamus.com

[ This Message was edited by: seamus on 2005-03-25 15:14 ]

seamus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-30 11:04 pm   Permalink

Here's a custom order I just finished. This sucker is over 3 feet tall and 14" wide and is 6" deep, and It weighs 30 lbs. It's by far the biggest plaque I've made so far.

TikisbySeamus.com

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-31 06:13 am   Permalink

Seamus,now THAT's a Plaque if I have ever seen one. The tiki is Really interesting and demands attention. Is he wood and if so what kind? Also what finish is it? Very Nice job on this one.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-31 08:57 am   Permalink

I don't think Seamus does wood. The frame is wood. 30 pounds that is about the weight of the 3D stuff so it sounds about right.

seamus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-01 09:20 am   Permalink

It's concrete alright. The frame is wood though! Doug Fir to be exact. I do the occaisional carving, but nothing worthy of posting here yet. I went up in the woods a few weeks ago and scavenged a few chunks to practice on. They're drying in my shop right now. This plaque was a mad dash to finish before we left for the Crawl. I ended up discovering a couple of new techniques that speed up the process and give me better control. I love it when that happens!

TikisbySeamus.com

seamus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-08 4:07 pm   Permalink

After busting my butt to get that big plaque done before the crawl, the guy decided it was too deep for his wall(?). I'm pleased to be bringing it with me to Tiki Oasis. It's one of my favorite creations to date. I'm making another, flatter one for the customer.

I'll be sharing a vending cabana with Travelin Tiki, aka Heather from The Art Deck.
Drop by and say Hi!

TikisbySeamus.com

teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-08 6:50 pm   Permalink

you are going to have to post the pictures of the new one and we can do a compare. It actually just looks to hang over the top of the frame a tad. Thats a good thing to say that it one of your favorites. It means that you are growing in talent. I like your fountains the best. Your moai are probably the best anywhere. I have seen a hundred moais and yours are better.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation