FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Tikis By Seamus - concrete Tikis galore! NEW Pics Pg 9
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
Tikis By Seamus - concrete Tikis galore! NEW Pics Pg 9
seamus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-30 12:16 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: seamus 2005-09-18 10:06 ]

View Profile of seamus Send a personal message to seamus  Email seamus Goto the website of seamus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seamus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-18 10:28 am   Permalink

It's been a while since I've added anything here. I've been very busy lately with events, and making lot's of my big Moai spitters.
A fellow NW TCer approached me well over a year ago with a special request for a Moai with a waterfall for a mouth. I was intrigued. I tried a few experiments, and failed miserably. I set it aside and went on with other business, but I couldn't get it out of my mind. I must've built this thing a hundred times in my head. Finally, one day, after months of trying to ignore this challenge, something clicked, and it all fell into place.
And here he is....

Hey,, what's that big mouth for?

For more water of course!!

Here's another special request from a lucky TCer. I delivered this back at the NW TIki Crawl, but forgot to post pics. He's a little guy. A little under 2ft tall, but spits water just like the big guys.

TikisbySeamus.com

View Profile of seamus Send a personal message to seamus  Email seamus Goto the website of seamus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-18 10:38 am   Permalink

That is way cool! Having made two tiki fountains out of wood now I'm hooked on the water-tiki connection and I can't wait to make another fountain. How big is the pump leading to the moai (GPH)?
Is it made for poolside or a pond? Just wondering since you have it pictured just flowing onto the lawn. I love how the stream starts wide and becomes narrow.

Great work!

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seamus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-18 10:48 am   Permalink

Yeah, I love the fountains. I've been getting into water falls and features more and more. Endless possibilities!

The pump for that Moai is 700 gal/hr running full throttle.

seamus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-18 10:54 am   Permalink

Here's a couple more. The two on the left are spitting fountains, and the one on the right (Walaka) is a casting.

The Walaka also has a cool pineapple back.

TikisbySeamus.com

Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-18 11:05 am   Permalink

Excellent moai fountain, Seamus. Nice job working the pouring mouth into the traditional moai face. Someday we will own one like this

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seamus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-18 11:25 am   Permalink

Thanks TB. I'll have to deliver it. I think this one is too heavy for regular UPS.

TikisbySeamus.com

teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-18 2:17 pm   Permalink

DAng sEAMus

That second gen. moai in the moai water line of fine Seamus sculptures is looking great. I like how he looks like he has a mouth full of water that he just has to get out.

next, small tikis for the bathroom.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-18 2:27 pm   Permalink

I love it all. Keep up the excellent work!

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-20 12:13 am   Permalink

Heya that wide mouth moai fountain is sweet. I dont know what it is, but the wide spillway waterfall looks a heap cooler than the normal stream spitters. Cool stuff.

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-20 04:25 am   Permalink

Hey Seamus, that big mouth tiki is beautiful. I'd have one from you ASAP if only I didn't live so far away.

Any chance of some step by step photo's for those of us too far away to buy those beautiful works of art? So perhaps we can try making one for ourselves?

Mahalo

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-20 04:54 am   Permalink

Seamus, your work is really looking great. I'm loving the finishes you are getting and the tikis themselves are really going through the roof!. Nice work.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seamus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-21 09:55 am   Permalink

Thanks Guys.
I will probably have to refine the process before I could think about shipping the Moai w/ the waterfall. It's pretty heavy. I made a reservoir and spill way first, then once that performed how I wanted, I built the Moai around it. I also knew I was driving this one to it's new home so weight wasn't as much of a consideration. Besides the internal reservoir, the process is the same. Hardware cloth (wire mesh) painstakingly built up as an armature, and cement sculpted over it. I'm also using stone texture stamps on the finish coat now to give them more a natural look and feel.

TikisbySeamus.com

Sabu The Coconut Boy
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-09-21 11:08 am   Permalink

Seamus - I'm really impressed with that wide-mouth moai fountain. You've one-upped the old vintage fountain makers. I don't think any of the tiki bars had a fountain like that in the old days.

Sabu

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seamus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-21 11:20 am   Permalink

That's quite a compliment Sabu! Unfortunately I can't take all the credit. The waterfall idea was entirely Monkeyskulls. He left it up to me as to just how to make it work, and ultimately look. We're both quite pleased with the results.

TikisbySeamus.com

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation