Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Gecko's carvings
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Gecko's carvings
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-15 09:18 am   Permalink

bar = *DROOL*

j$

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-10 2:16 pm   Permalink

Gecko, Nice stuff.
Really makes me want to find some chisels and smell the sawdust

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SES
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-10 9:44 pm   Permalink

Really beautiful! Looks heavy to move.

View Profile of SES Send a personal message to SES      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-14 7:42 pm   Permalink

Been going back thru your pix and your Drum Base Tikisare the beginning of something I was planning and trying to find a way to duplicate. In fact that search is how I found TC.
You imagine a home walkway with these little Malibu lights along the sidewalk leading up to the house or garden.
Now take a set of tikis with the Base hollowed out (drum base) and set them over the lights. Look Nice? they may need to be cast from a high density foam to get the price down to afordable.
Thinkin?

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-14 11:33 pm   Permalink

Howzit braddah Ben,

I'm going to look for a pic I have on one of my 1000 disk of a Ku I did with my drum base bottom. I sat it over a red garden spot light and it looked ONO! It really looked sweet. I don't have a flat yard so lining my drive way with tikis over lights would not happen BUT! I can see what you are seeing! I'm eye to eye with you there.
Even if you were to take 2 tikis and put them on each side of your enterance and have maybe some red, orange or wat'eva lights comming threw the drum bottom would be sweet ya and now if you had the whole walk way lined HO BRAH! you would be da man!

Like you said mass production would be da bes! Crazy Al came out with a resin 3 footer I think it was and it came out nice...I got one. It will have to be heavyier. Plaster?

Anyways, I'm all in if your not carving anymore. I'll send you da drum base bottom and you mass it! A terrific idea but I dont have a clue how or where to start.

View Profile of GECKO Send a personal message to GECKO  Email GECKO Goto the website of GECKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-15 07:43 am   Permalink

Thats what I've been tring to find out.
I said High density foam because Some types ar Heat resistant.For stability, a 1/2"by12" hole drilled into the bottom where you lodge a 2' piece of rebar, Shove it into the ground over the light and it ain't goin nowhere. Think cement would cost too much. I like it already.
Think, Think, Thanks

[ This Message was edited by: Benzart on 2004-01-25 13:34 ]

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-18 7:50 pm   Permalink

bump up the gecko bumpit up good

Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-16 6:23 pm   Permalink

(bump)

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-16 9:53 pm   Permalink

And lets not forget our ol buddy's mug crafting skillz. Braddah Gecko'z Tangaroa mug has got to be held in your hands to be believed. Incredible design and detail. Gecko is Da man and heckuva great guy.

Chongolio

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=11724&forum=12&hilite=tangaroa

" I believe that our Heavenly Father invented the monkey because he was disappointed in man."
... Mark Twain
www.Lost-Isle.com
www.piggod.com

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki G.
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-17 07:02 am   Permalink

B.K., that was a well deserved bump. Thanks. Always good to look back at Gecko's awesome art.

View Profile of Tiki G. Send a personal message to Tiki G.  Email Tiki G. Goto the website of Tiki G.     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation