FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Keigs
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Keigs
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-03 11:19 pm   Permalink

HOLY MOLY!

Not only do I NEED those masks, I am going to recreate the picture in the Book of Tiki (page 43)!

P.S. Damn that's good stuff!

[ This Message was edited by: SugarCaddyDaddy on 2004-01-03 23:20 ]

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
keigs20
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-04 12:25 am   Permalink

Bk thanks, When and where is Hukilau, I searched a little in tiki events and could not find any info. I really want to go to some events to mingle and maybe sell some stuff to pay for the trip.
Dawntiki- glad you like the plaques thanks for the compliments and posting them.
Turbogod and SCD - I can make more! I sold these to a fellow TCer who had the perfect spot for some Hefner style masks and asked me to make them. Email or pm me if your interested.
k.pleasantjr@verizon.net

View Profile of keigs20 Send a personal message to keigs20  Email keigs20 Goto the website of keigs20     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SES
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-04 12:29 am   Permalink

I was just checking it out earlier:
http://www.thehukilau.com/index.htm

Looks fun!

View Profile of SES Send a personal message to SES      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-04 02:00 am   Permalink

Hukilau is the Superbowl; everything else is just a college game! http://www.thehukilau.com/

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki410
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-05 3:57 pm   Permalink

Do I need to add the word "keigs" to my favorite searchs on Ebay?

View Profile of tiki410 Send a personal message to tiki410  Email tiki410     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
keigs20
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-02 5:48 pm   Permalink

Here is a new item I have been working on. It is a wall bar. 3.5 ft long 2ft tall with 6 inch shelves. For those of you with not much room like myself. I will probably throw it on ebay tonight. Thanks for looking

View Profile of keigs20 Send a personal message to keigs20  Email keigs20 Goto the website of keigs20     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-02 7:18 pm   Permalink

Really looking good. Hope to meet you an HukiLAu. Great work.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-03-03 09:29 am   Permalink

Awesome stuff, keigs. Wish I had the $ to buy some of your stuff. I would imagine that your chainsaw is simply an extension of your arm.
Keep those carvings coming, Not only are they beautiful but very inspiring as well.

I love those barstools!

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mattfink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-03 12:02 pm   Permalink

Ken,

Great stuff as always!!! Got the barback last Friday and it looks awesome! I'll post some pics when I finish the bar and get it mounted and stuffed..

thanks,

Matt

View Profile of mattfink Send a personal message to mattfink  Email mattfink Goto the website of mattfink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-03 5:47 pm   Permalink

Great stuff as usual, Keigs...After the Hale Tiki project we'll do our deal. Thanks for the info on the WItco fountain...it's looking good. Just have to figure out how to get through that bartop urethane armor on that bowl.

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
keigs20
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-04 12:41 am   Permalink

Thanks for the compliments everyone. Benzart I hope to make it to
HukiLAu or a least one of these tiki gatherings this year and meet some fellow TCers. Polynesiac I wish I could spend more time with the chainsaw attached to my arm but the rag and minwax seem to be attached more than the chainsaw. Matt glad you like the barback that thing should hold a lot of mugs cant wait to see pics. BK throw a sanding disk on your grinder that should get that shit off, then reburn and buff it.

FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-04 06:33 am   Permalink

Love the hanging bar.

I also went over to Fatuhiva's house and saw the four large mask you made for him, he was getting them ready to hang. Very cool.

www.flounderart.com

View Profile of FLOUNDERart Send a personal message to FLOUNDERart  Email FLOUNDERart Goto the website of FLOUNDERart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mattfink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-08 06:32 am   Permalink

Alrighty now...here's a pic of the barback Keigs carved for me...chocked full o' Tiki goodness!

Here's the rest of the Tiki lounge I recently finished:

http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b34ece1e6510

[ This Message was edited by: mattfink on 2004-03-08 06:37 ]

View Profile of mattfink Send a personal message to mattfink  Email mattfink Goto the website of mattfink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Feelin' Zombified
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-08 08:04 am   Permalink

nice basement Mattfink, old school!
reminds me of being 8 years old playing in my friends' parents' basement bar (same tile too)

-Z

View Profile of Feelin' Zombified Send a personal message to Feelin' Zombified  Email Feelin' Zombified     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mattfink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-08 08:54 am   Permalink

Thanks! It didn't look like that a month ago. I did all the construction....framing, drywall, wiring, put in recessed lights and accoustic tile ceiling. The floor I did about a year ago because the original was falling apart. After several weeks of intensive labor and no sleep I'm ready for lot's of Mai Tai's!!!

[ This Message was edited by: mattfink on 2004-03-08 08:54 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation