FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Locating Tiki » » Mauna Loa, Mexico City, Mexico (restaurant)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Mauna Loa, Mexico City, Mexico (restaurant)
TabooDan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-13 2:56 pm   Permalink

Here's the link to the auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mauna-Loa-Mexico-Suzie-Wong-tiki-mug-vintage-rare-/270679286099?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f05be2153

Here's the picture of the Suzie Wong mug:

I have seen this one before but it is a rare mug. Reminds me of an Oriental Kimono vase or something along those lines.

TabooDan

View Profile of TabooDan Send a personal message to TabooDan  Goto the website of TabooDan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2010-12-15 7:43 pm   Permalink

(31-Jul-1998).-

Festivales

Air New Zealand

Restaurante Mauna Loa

Fecha: Del 1 al 31 de agosto

Dirección: Av. San Jerónimo 240.

Colonia Jardines del Pedregal

Tel: 616-0122

View Profile of Zeta Send a personal message to Zeta  Goto the website of Zeta     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2010-12-15 7:53 pm   Permalink

Horrible video with few interiors and Tongolele with tikis! :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s13d9SP8zEA

View Profile of Zeta Send a personal message to Zeta  Goto the website of Zeta     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-16 11:00 am   Permalink

Yes indeed, that was hard to watch. HOW long was the Mauna Loa open? At the beginning, that bamboo/rattan ceiling with the lamps looks real, but the rest of the video could very well have been shot in the studio...or yes, on a stage in the restaurant. The Tikis around Tongolele are really nice, and authentic, they could be from a restaurant ...or a prop house. But given the porthole windows in the mens room, and the rock walls and drinks with long straws, and this looking like it was a one day shoot, it seems likely to have been shot all in the restaurant. And I am sure you have your reasons WHY you think it was shot at the Mauna Loa, and, let's say, not at the Aku Tiki. WHO is this Kokin guy? He perhaps comprendes Mendes, but clearly non-comprendes Polynesian pop.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
fezgirl

Posted: 2011-03-30 6:09 pm   Permalink

Any idea what the Suzie Wong mug ended up going for?
thanks for any info

View Profile of fezgirl Send a personal message to fezgirl      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2011-03-30 7:30 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-03-30 18:09, fezgirl wrote:
Any idea what the Suzie Wong mug ended up going for?
thanks for any info

Hola, are you interested in selling or in buying?
Adios

krikkitbot
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-07-03 2:33 pm   Permalink

I used to go to this restaurant when I was a kid. I have a postcard from it from 1977. I noticed no one had posted it yet. There used to be 2 clowns that performed a slapstick routine at the restaurant. I also have a photo of me sitting with them but I won't be posting that photo .

View Profile of krikkitbot Send a personal message to krikkitbot      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
krikkitbot
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-07-03 2:36 pm   Permalink

I guess it would help if I actually included the link to the image.

View Profile of krikkitbot Send a personal message to krikkitbot      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-03 7:14 pm   Permalink

krikkitbot,

Thanks for posting that postcard, have not seen that one before. Now about your clown photo, did they look like these guys?

I found this photo on-line that is listed as being from the Mauna Loa in Mexico City.

Now lets see yours!

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
krikkitbot
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-07-11 08:18 am   Permalink

DC,

Those are not the same clowns but it is among the same lines. To protect the child in the photo, namely me, let's just leave it at that

bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-11 1:41 pm   Permalink

We understand. Another life scarred by early childhood "scary clown" experiences...

[ This Message was edited by: bigbrotiki 2012-07-11 17:34 ]

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-19 8:37 pm   Permalink

Clowns scary???

In keeping with this week's trend, I picked up an oversized postcard from the Mauna Loa like the one Krikkitbot posted.

A few close ups.

The A-Frame,

The Tiki guarding the bridge.

The back of the card.

Hecho in Mexico!

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
maunaloa59

Posted: 2013-05-14 9:20 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: maunaloa59 2013-05-14 21:28 ]

View Profile of maunaloa59 Send a personal message to maunaloa59      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-06 10:43 am   Permalink

I picked up one of the Mauna Loa postcards that Sabu had posted and did some close-ups.

The card.

The Tikis.

The bar and the "exotic drinks in ritual containers"

As described on the back of the card with the logo Tiki.

DC

Tattoo
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-08-24 11:38 am   Permalink

Cool lil' ol' teacup from the Mauna Loa

View Profile of Tattoo Send a personal message to Tattoo  Email Tattoo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation