FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts TiKi tOny's paintings & carvings 11/04
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
TiKi tOny's paintings & carvings 11/04
FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-30 1:06 pm   Permalink

Tony
I was looking through the pics,pics,pics, section and noticed a question you asked me that I missed about Ron English's Billboard Liberation. What is it and were can I see some?
The painting I did for Crazy Al was definitely inspired by Basquiat, just a little tighter in some aspects. I love Basquiats work. Have you seen the movie, it gets me in the work mode when I'm not inspired.
Get back to me on Ron English (sounds familiar)

www.flounderart.com

View Profile of FLOUNDERart Send a personal message to FLOUNDERart  Email FLOUNDERart Goto the website of FLOUNDERart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SES
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-30 9:13 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-10-30 13:06, FLOUNDERart wrote:
Have you seen the movie, it gets me in the work mode when I'm not inspired.

The ending is kind of eerie now with them walking down the sidewalk and saying something like "I've got to get out of this place" with a shot of the twin towers looming in the background.

View Profile of SES Send a personal message to SES      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-31 09:51 am   Permalink

Wow thats pretty interesting. I will have to keep my eye peeled next time.

www.flounderart.com

View Profile of FLOUNDERart Send a personal message to FLOUNDERart  Email FLOUNDERart Goto the website of FLOUNDERart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitony
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2003-11-03 3:16 pm   Permalink

flounderart, here's his web site: http://www.popaganda.com/
here's the paintings:
http://www.popaganda.com/Paintings/body_paintings.shtml
and here's the billboards:
http://www.popaganda.com/billboards/index.shtml

On the paintings page click on the "More Paintings" to see them all. Funny stuff, and seems to be similar sense of humor as you. Its hard to tell if this guy loves life or hates it, but he gives you something to think about.

Live like a Beachcomber! www.TikiTony.com www.facebook.com/tikitonybeachcomber

View Profile of tikitony Send a personal message to tikitony  Email tikitony Goto the website of tikitony     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-03 3:48 pm   Permalink

Yeah baby! I love it. I have seen some of his work before, never the billboard though, which I dig. I swear I come up with ideas like those every day. You were right same though patterns!

Thank Tony

www.flounderart.com

82Tikis

Posted: 2003-12-05 2:35 pm   Permalink

Hey guys, just signed no today. I was wondering if someone could fill me in on how to go about getting a bundle of palmwood. Is it tough to get, and who would I contact about gettnig it?

View Profile of 82Tikis Send a personal message to 82Tikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-05 9:21 pm   Permalink

82Tikis sounds excited. Cool.

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitony
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2003-12-06 6:51 pm   Permalink

Hey 82, i think you posted in the wrong spot, but contact all your tree trimmers (best to do it in person) and leave them with your info, and they'll start dropping 'em off on your doorstep!

View Profile of tikitony Send a personal message to tikitony  Email tikitony Goto the website of tikitony     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SES
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-28 2:08 pm   Permalink

TikiTony... do you want to sell the drawings or not?
Also, waiting to hear back on the carvings.
I might start doing on my own soon!

View Profile of SES Send a personal message to SES      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitony
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2003-12-28 10:34 pm   Permalink

whoa sistah! I definitelly want to sell the drawings, and carvings, I thought I was waiting for you to put in your request. All the drawings you reposted are still available... I'm gonna email you!

Live like a Beachcomber!
www.TikiTony.com www.facebook.com/tikitonybeachcomber

SES
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-29 5:50 pm   Permalink

LOL... got the email! Thanks!

donnie25

Posted: 2004-01-06 6:31 pm   Permalink

Great work dude! Your handy with the chisel and did you chisel yourself, lol. I like the art work. Later!

Daryl Don Darry

View Profile of donnie25 Send a personal message to donnie25      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thegarz
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-01-12 4:44 pm   Permalink

Most excellent work , Tony! man, I wish I had your talent! isn't it a bit dangerous to be using a chainsaw without shoes though?? Don't get messed up! I have some palm wood my neighbor gave me and I am gonna start seeing what I can do with it...chisel anyone??

Dave

View Profile of thegarz Send a personal message to thegarz  Email thegarz Goto the website of thegarz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
8bitmagic

Posted: 2004-01-29 02:09 am   Permalink

yeah dude...shoes. maybe some deck shoes and aviator sunglasses purely for safety...a quick technical question: can you carve with a machette? its all i've got.
great work

View Profile of 8bitmagic Send a personal message to 8bitmagic      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-29 1:12 pm   Permalink

Yeah, I need chisels.
Tikitony, have you tried any of those quarter and dime tipped Chainsaw Blades? They will do wonders to the wood. not sure if this pic will post.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation