FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Puamana & Selector Lopaka's backyard Bali Hai
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Puamana & Selector Lopaka's backyard Bali Hai
Selector Lopaka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-11 11:33 am   Permalink

Lopaka is Robert in Hawaiian (Robert is my real name), and Selector is another name for DJ in Jamaica, hence the name Selector Lopaka. I spin records here in Seattle under that moniker.

View Profile of Selector Lopaka Send a personal message to Selector Lopaka  Email Selector Lopaka Goto the website of Selector Lopaka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-11 12:11 pm   Permalink

excellent work. that is quite a slice of paradise you have there. hope i can come and see it in person one day.

[ This Message was edited by: tikitanked on 2003-10-11 12:13 ]

View Profile of OceaOtica Send a personal message to OceaOtica  Email OceaOtica Goto the website of OceaOtica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-15 01:06 am   Permalink

1 word fo dis place..ONO!!

View Profile of GECKO Send a personal message to GECKO  Email GECKO Goto the website of GECKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cultjam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-15 11:55 am   Permalink

GASP!!!!

I'm making one of your pics my background. That could convert anyone to tiki.

Correction!
FreddieFreelance, thanks for pulling this thread up! It's not noon yet, I'm not a morning person!

[ This Message was edited by: Cultjam on 2003-10-15 12:49 ]

View Profile of Cultjam Send a personal message to Cultjam      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2003-10-15 1:17 pm   Permalink

Puamana,

Very nice indeedie! Beachdude (KC Heylin) is my buddy that sold me the old Tepco kava bowl (I'm gonna give him sh$& for not letting me know about those tapa lamps!).

Do your neighbors think you're a California whacko or something?

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-20 7:05 pm   Permalink

{{{{{ B O I N G G g G g ! ! !}}}}

That's the sound of my eyes popping right out of my head! What can I say? Sheer perfection! Truly a magical little paradise...can't believe it's in the NW!!! You have just set the bar for tiki design very high!

[ This Message was edited by: exoticat on 2003-10-20 20:30 ]

View Profile of Exoticat Send a personal message to Exoticat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-31 4:48 pm   Permalink

That's awesome.

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifille
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-02 8:15 pm   Permalink

Puamana & Selector Lopaka- Thanks so much! Your photos saved me $100sss. I have a very Polynesian backyard (yeah yeah yeah photos to come..one day I'll go digital blah blah) and I had been contemplating a boardwalk style walkway. Bare bones estimate was $500 for lumber only and the construction chick doing all the work. I made no progress in 2 yrs. because I couldn't cope with this intense construction project. Then your pictures (clouds part, sun shines, birds sing) and I have since bought 900 lbs. of stone. I set them into the lawn and reseeded around them. I need about 600 lbs. more to complete the path. THANKS FOR THE INSPIRATION!!!! (Photos soon....yeah really. I promise.)

View Profile of tikifille Send a personal message to tikifille      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SES
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-28 2:16 pm   Permalink

Did you ever take a night view photo?

View Profile of SES Send a personal message to SES      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-28 2:54 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: hanford_lemoore on 2003-12-29 02:21 ]

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-28 2:55 pm   Permalink

I'm curious about the moai in your yard, is it concrete?

Awesome transformation, I would love to do the same some day when I buy a house were I know I'll stay.

www.flounderart.com

View Profile of FLOUNDERart Send a personal message to FLOUNDERart  Email FLOUNDERart Goto the website of FLOUNDERart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-28 3:04 pm   Permalink

Weird -- my message above got so goobered up somehow that I can't even edit it. Could one of the moderators kindly tackle it for me?

Oh yes, I did promise some photos earlier, didn't I? Here's a bunch, and there are more
here.

These guys live aloha more than anyone I know!

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Selector Lopaka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-28 4:29 pm   Permalink

The birdbath Moai is concrete, we picked it up at a local garden shop. Some friends of ours just saw the same Moai in three sizes at a garden shop in Vancouver BC recently. Ours is the largest size.

In regards to a night shot, the best of them are up. This project wasn't finished until mid August 2003, and we never got a chance to get torches up before it all went dormant for the winter.

We planted a ton of bulbs (lilies, irises, and more) in late fall, and we (im)patiently await spring. We're so psyched to watch the garden come back to life, and have the whole season in 2004 for Backyard Bali Ha'i fun and frolic. We hope some of you TCers passing through Seattle, as well as all you locals, will get to see it. Mahalo Humuhumu for your pics! Happy New Year everyone!

[ This Message was edited by: Selector Lopaka on 2003-12-28 16:41 ]

View Profile of Selector Lopaka Send a personal message to Selector Lopaka  Email Selector Lopaka Goto the website of Selector Lopaka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SES
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-28 4:35 pm   Permalink

It's really gorgeous!
Thanks for the update and photos!

View Profile of SES Send a personal message to SES      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hala bullhiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-28 11:18 pm   Permalink

good lord! that is absolutely breath taking.......amazing work

View Profile of hala bullhiki Send a personal message to hala bullhiki  Email hala bullhiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation