FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki ebay: August Holland's "Bowl of Light" painting
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
ebay: August Holland's "Bowl of Light" painting
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-25 8:12 pm   Permalink

Gasp! The Horror...The Horror! Justice must be served!

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-25 8:45 pm   Permalink

Nevvvvver ship UPS. They are the most god awful, low rent, unreliable shipper on earth. FedEx ground or USPS.

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-25 9:52 pm   Permalink

And to add to BK's "never use UPS", be sure to NEVER use The UPS Store too. They charge way too much for way too crappy of a packing job.

I'd be curious to see exactly what they used and how they padded that picture.

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-25 10:51 pm   Permalink

I'm sorry to see that CJ. That hurts more than seeing one of my broken mugs...

Condolences.

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-01 2:39 pm   Permalink

Quote:

SugarCaddyDaddy wrote:
And to add to BK's "never use UPS", be sure to NEVER use The UPS Store too. They charge way too much for way too crappy of a packing job...

I just re-confirmed my statement. I received a package "packed" by the UPS Store. The item was totally jostled around and the packing job was very crappy.

Hope you got some of your money back Cultjam.

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cultjam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-01 5:17 pm   Permalink

Thanks, SCD. Haven't heard from UPS yet. They must be busy with claims, they delivered a desktop PC to a coworker today and it was not the better for the trip. Oh, it had been lost for a month too.

View Profile of Cultjam Send a personal message to Cultjam      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-01 8:21 pm   Permalink

That's U.P.S. for you...do you need another one, Cultjam? I'll pick you a nice one off my stack if you have something you want to trade. I think I have a self-framed hardboard version and the "brushstroke" paper print. I'll swap either for cool mugs that I don't have.

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kahukini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-01 10:35 pm   Permalink

The value of the remaining bowl of lights just went up a little

After we're through with UPS maybe a project could be made out of it... perhaps crinkle it even more and apply a laquer or polyurethane to it and see what happens.

View Profile of kahukini Send a personal message to kahukini  Goto the website of kahukini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-02 12:37 am   Permalink

Cultjam,

Remember when filing a claim, and getting paid on it, that they (UPS) will take the item away with them. If you can't bear to let it go, even to UPS, you can salvage the picture by making your own jigsaw puzzle out of it. Search online, since there are many kits and homemade instructions available as to how to make your own jigsaw puzzle. If you tend not to be on the creative side, I'm sure there are a few TC'ers here with a good eye and a good hand with an Exacto knife that can help you out. Yes, it would probably be the most expensive, and probably the only, tiki jigsaw puzzle, and you will have to decide if it is worth it...also it would "save" this tiki item.

Something to think about.

[ This Message was edited by: sugarcaddydaddy on 2003-12-02 00:44 ]

Cultjam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-02 12:11 pm   Permalink

I figured they'd take it but I'm going to insist my only option is to have it professionally salvaged. Kahukini emailed how sad it had survived so long before this. I'll look into what can be done but it's bad.

View Profile of Cultjam Send a personal message to Cultjam      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cultjam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-02 12:20 pm   Permalink

BK, I PM'd back. Thank you for the offer. I may have to take you up on that.

Tiki Bree
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-02 9:29 pm   Permalink

We sincerely offer our deepest sympathies for your loss. Tristan and I have officially gone in to "mourning" until you receive another one.

View Profile of Tiki Bree Send a personal message to Tiki Bree      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ModMana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-03 12:41 am   Permalink

Sorry for your loss Cultjam...That is sad and totally unnecessary. Sometimes I think the delivery gorillas at UPS destroy things just for the fun of it. I would say that around 1 in 5 packages I receive from them is either damaged or destroyed. Why, why, why???

SugarCaddyDaddy is right about UPS taking the merchandise if you file a claim. I've been in that situation myself where I needed to file a claim but didn't want to surrender the goods. The trick is to say that the merchandise is repairable. What I did was get a written estimate to have the item professionally repaired. I told the repair person to pad the estimate because those UPS bastards are the ones paying. Then an official UPS claims adjuster actually came to my house to examine the damage. After that person approved the claim, they cut me a check for the estimate amount AND let me keep the merchandise. At that point its up to you what you want to do with the check and the merchandise.

Good Luck!

ModMana

View Profile of ModMana Send a personal message to ModMana  Email ModMana     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomiczombie
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-12-06 12:52 pm   Permalink

I've noticed alot of posts lately about what Brown can do for you and its apparent that it's not much. I recall replying to a thread awhile back about such abusive mishandling. I'm not in any way defending this hugungous megaconglomerate cornerstone of the shipping industry; however, we should all remember this is the biggest shipping period of the year. Their employees don't get paid much and get stressed out alot(i.e. "going postal"). If anyone should have to send anything [right now especially], seriously consider who you ship through baring in mind the odds of damage are still going to be high. I'm not down with Brown. UPS is bad. I'm really sorry your painting got mashed CJ, I'd like one myself. It makes my head fall off, aak!

[ This Message was edited by: atomiczombie on 2003-12-06 12:55 ]

View Profile of atomiczombie Send a personal message to atomiczombie      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation