FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Quality Time with Humu˛ in So Cal: Sat Nov. 8 -- Purple Orchid?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Quality Time with Humu˛ in So Cal: Sat Nov. 8 -- Purple Orchid?
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-22 5:15 pm   Permalink

If all goes well for me, I should be touching down in Redondo Beach sometime on Wednesday November 5 (I'll be staying with the very gracious good Doctor Z until I get a place of my own, thanks doc!). I'll likely be pooped that night, but does anyone want to give me a good proper initiation later in the week? I'm up for anything, I'm eager to soak up as much of the local tiki as possible. Even if it's just a couple of folks meeting me at the nearby Hale Hawaii, that'd be fine by me. Thought I'd at least get the word out that I'M ON MY WAY!

New! Improved! Update! The Ben's/Bong's/Li's/Bowling thing was too much -- we're backing off and just having a relaxed get together somewhere. Purple Orchid?

[ This Message was edited by: Humuhumu on 2003-11-06 14:42 ]

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traderpup
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-22 5:39 pm   Permalink

We all await your arrival to inscribe your name on the official Hoiti Toiti roster!

Maybe we should start off your whirlwind initiation with breakfast at the
King's Hawaiian Bakery in Torrance?

The Spectacular East Indies Room will be slightly torn apart due to expansion plans, but is always open for entertaining.....

View Profile of Traderpup Send a personal message to Traderpup  Email Traderpup Goto the website of Traderpup     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2003-10-22 5:47 pm   Permalink

I'd be up for something that weekend. Either LA way or OC way ala Bong's Tiki Hut, Sam's, Royal Hawaiian etc...

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Geeky Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-22 5:51 pm   Permalink

When to Vegas?

View Profile of Geeky Tiki Send a personal message to Geeky Tiki  Email Geeky Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-22 11:29 pm   Permalink

Hey, HH - good to hear that you are finally nearing your approach to the Mutha Ship. It just occurred to me that we haven't gone bowling in a while...

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-23 08:11 am   Permalink

Welcome to Cahleefornyah Humuhumu! Right now this is the only way I can welcome you but we'll see you again at another event and then you'll be getting a big hug.

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2003-10-23 10:20 am   Permalink

Tina, Tina, Floratina,

I like the bowling thing. We could do a pre-bowling drink, food, live entertainment at my Tiki Hut then head over to Fountain Valley Bowl (since Kona Lanes passed away R.I.P.)

Whatdaya think?

floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-23 12:25 pm   Permalink

I was wondering where we should bowl - you have one in mind and this is good. It's not as if we need a tiki bowling alley since none exist anyway. The Kona Lanes wasn't tiki anymore either.

Anyway, this sounds like a great idea! Do we start a new "Bowling with Humu Humu" thread now?

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-23 12:29 pm   Permalink

Bowling sounds good to me! My ball & shirt will be in storage, tho.

Don't worry about starting a new thread, I'll modify the title to this one when I get back from a meeting (ah, work intrudes...).

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2003-10-23 1:37 pm   Permalink

Humu x 2,

Forget that job! You're on the way out anyway. Have fun during your last few days there.

Drink before work and during work (but not after work, no, no, no). Something fun to do is to start borrowing money off your co-workers telling them you'll pay 'em back about the middle of November.

Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-23 1:43 pm   Permalink

There's a really big bowling alley (40 lanes!!) in Torrance called The Gable House, that happens to be just around the corner from the Eli Kai, an inrecredible tiki apartment complex, and the Kona Kai, which is less spectacular, but still nice. Can you say 'Tiki Field Trip'?? (this thread used to have pix, but i don't think the links are active anymore: http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=892&forum=1). I think they have open bowling during the evening, but I haven't been there in a while so I'm not sure They do, however, a special on Saturday nights called "Rock n' Bowl": midnight to 3am, all the games you can bowl for one price. Their bar also has cheap drinks!

Would this place work?
Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traderpup
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-23 1:46 pm   Permalink

Hey now, lets not forget about Java Lanes in Long Beach, often overlooked by the SoCal Tiki crowd....! The way things have been going, there's no telling when this great example of PolyPop architecture will be gone forever.

View Profile of Traderpup Send a personal message to Traderpup  Email Traderpup Goto the website of Traderpup     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-23 1:52 pm   Permalink

Quote:
Forget that job! You're on the way out anyway. Have fun during your last few days there.

Man, I have been slacking so incredibly bad this summer. Haven't you noticed my daytime posts have had a serious uptick? I justify it to myself by thinking that I'm doing my replacement a favor by making her take the reins while I'm still here to lend a hand. Yeah, that's it....

So, is Saturday a good day for people? Afternoon or evening?

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-23 3:41 pm   Permalink

Doc, I like your idea. But suddenly, up comes Pup with a suggestion that is hard to ignore. An bowling alley with a PolyPop exterior? One still exists? It is no doubt endangered as you say. How can we pass this up?

Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2003-10-23 4:38 pm   Permalink

Saturday Nov 8th works for me, but in the evening. Me, Spike and the rest of the Smokin' Menehunes are gonna be in the studio during the day from about 10:00am to 4:00 pm, working on our studio tans!

Fountain Valley Bowl is nice and modern, but there's a place in Anaheim called LinBrook Bowl that's got that funky early 60's feel to it (I should know, I felt it).

We, in theory, could still down some drinks at my hut as it's only about a 30 minute drive from HB to the home of Disneyland.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation