FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food okolehao, anyone got a lead,1/5/05- article on new production of the spirit pg 2
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
okolehao, anyone got a lead,1/5/05- article on new production of the spirit pg 2
arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-25 11:19 am   Permalink

Anyone know what happened to the Sandwich Islands Distillers and their Nine Islands Okolehao? Can't find much of anything on the web. Did the company go belly up?

View Profile of arriano Send a personal message to arriano      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
wentiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-05-13 2:25 pm   Permalink

Let's dredge this one up again! Any new leads please?

-W

View Profile of wentiki Send a personal message to wentiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bambu

Posted: 2008-09-03 5:34 pm   Permalink

Sandwich Isles Distillery has gone out of business. There is some possibility of Okolehao production occurring in the next few months. As soon as I know more, I will give all of you an update.

View Profile of Bambu Send a personal message to Bambu      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bewarethe151
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-09-03 6:50 pm   Permalink

No personal attack toward you Bambu, but I will believe that when I taste it!

View Profile of bewarethe151 Send a personal message to bewarethe151      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bambu

Posted: 2008-09-03 8:32 pm   Permalink

me too.

View Profile of Bambu Send a personal message to Bambu      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kahu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-28 10:31 pm   Permalink

Well I watched the Three Sheets Hawaii tonight, and it reminded me of this long ago post.

Did some research sad to say, from what I can come up with is this. Kolani Distillers is suing Sandwich Islands Distillers. This was started in 2007 and is still in court on going.
I wonder if this is a trade secret thing or what. But sadly it may be some time before we get to see or taste any.

View Profile of Kahu Send a personal message to Kahu      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kauaibobmon

Posted: 2009-12-13 9:03 pm   Permalink

Just tried the new Maui 'Okolehao Liqueur from Haleakala Distillers. Ono stuff! A buddy coming back from Maui yesterday brought an exra bottle for me. I been waiting for this for a long time, but it has been worth it. I am trying to include a picture of the bottle (now empty)so you can see what it looked like. they say the stores carrying it are listed at www.haleakaladistillers.com

View Profile of kauaibobmon Send a personal message to kauaibobmon      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beachbumz
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-12-27 11:35 pm   Permalink

Haven't had a chance to find a bottle yet but I did see this article on the Maui News website..

http://mauinews.com/page/content.detail/id/527105.html?nav=10

aloha

"TikiPop" On Instagram

View Profile of Beachbumz Send a personal message to Beachbumz  Email Beachbumz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bewarethe151
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-12-28 1:49 pm   Permalink

Got some at HiTime. It's quite vanilla tasting.

View Profile of bewarethe151 Send a personal message to bewarethe151      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-30 12:13 pm   Permalink

I just got a bottle.
It's in a wine bottle with a cork.
I have not tried it yet.
I gave Haleakala Distillers a call to ask the ratio of ti root that was in it, but they won't disclose that information.
The base is Maui cane sugar, so it could be anything.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikicoma
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2011-02-12 11:25 pm   Permalink

I just saw some Maui Okolehau in Kapaa the bottle says it's 25% ti, 22% rice and 55% cane sugar.
Is it worth the 25 bucks bag check fee to bring this home?
The bottle cost is 25 also, I forgot to check the alcohol percentage though.
aloha all

View Profile of tikicoma Send a personal message to tikicoma      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SuperEight
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-13 03:56 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-02-12 23:25, tikicoma wrote:
I just saw some Maui Okolehau in Kapaa the bottle says it's 25% ti, 22% rice and 55% cane sugar.
Is it worth the 25 bucks bag check fee to bring this home?
The bottle cost is 25 also, I forgot to check the alcohol percentage though.
aloha all

The Oke is good. But its not the same proof and doesn't taste similar to the old stuff, either the manufactured Oke or the original moonshine.

BUT, do not leave the island without scoring several bottles of Auntie Lilikoi's Passion Fruit syrup. You can either get it at her shop in Waimea or I think the Long's in Kapaa sells it. The best passionfruit syrup made.

And its a lot cheaper to go to the post office in Kapaa, get a free Aloha Box, and then mail it for the flat rate of $15.00. You can get several bottles in one of those boxes and you don't have to lug it on the plane. Oh and if you get the box you will have room for the Scotty's BBQ Tiki Farm mug (also in Kapaa). Not really a Tiki Mug but its a cool mug in the shape of one of those round Weber BBQ's.

View Profile of SuperEight Send a personal message to SuperEight  Email SuperEight     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation