FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Big Ol' Tiki Bash at Tiki Farm
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Big Ol' Tiki Bash at Tiki Farm
johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-01 09:27 am   Permalink

How about Buffett Bocci - we get the small ball covered with Jimmy's mug and bowl the larger balls at him. You could even offer prizes for direct hits!

Johntiki

View Profile of johntiki Send a personal message to johntiki  Goto the website of johntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-01 7:43 pm   Permalink

Holden...I don't know..that sounds kind of boring...so..so UNIMAGINATIVE : ) : )

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-01 8:48 pm   Permalink

Excuse me everybody for my crappy short but to the point tonge-in-cheek comment in German for my German Friend, Sven! Sven my friend, this is for you!!!
"Biss mich!"
Holden

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-01 8:54 pm   Permalink

Ben,
If we do a pin the parrot... who will be the live guinea pig errr... "parrot pig!?"... errr "parrot head"... errr "margaritaville monkey"...?
Holden

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamboo ben
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-02 09:32 am   Permalink

Alohas,
Should be a nice, fun party!
Bamboo Ben.

[ This Message was edited by: bamboo ben on 2002-08-08 08:42 ]

View Profile of bamboo ben Send a personal message to bamboo ben  Email bamboo ben Goto the website of bamboo ben     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-05 9:59 pm   Permalink

A post will come soon on the hotel situations down here for da Bash. They range from $45 to $$$. The $45 one said that they WON'T let me inspect their rooms!
Holden

suicide_sam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-06 2:05 pm   Permalink

Aargghh!!!, this thing sounds awesome, if only it weren't on the same weekend as Teaseorama. I find myself conflicted, If only I could fly out to San Fran on Friday, back to soCal on Saturday, and back to SAan Fran Saturday night, just to return to SoCal on Sunday. I'm getting jet lagged just thinking about it.

View Profile of suicide_sam Send a personal message to suicide_sam  Email suicide_sam Goto the website of suicide_sam ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2002-08-06 2:22 pm   Permalink

The SCA conference (Society for Commercial Archeology) in Reno is also that weekend but I have decided not to attend my first conference because the same weekend in Reno is "Street Vibrations", when the town fills with Harley riders. Uggh! Couldn't they have picked a different weekend?

So, I have decided to attend Teaseorama on Saturday night primarily so I can see Dixie Evans. Oh, ya, and mig in his gorilla suit!

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-09 11:08 am   Permalink

Hi,
Here's a link to local hotels for the upcoming Big Ol' Tiki Bash.

http://www.tikifarm.com/tikiBash/tikibashhotels.htm

Of all the hotels, Jeff at the Days Inn in San Clemente seemed the most receptive to cutting a deal to people who mentioned Tiki Farm and his rooms are already only $59. I didn't get a chance to go there so I can't tell you about the rooms. More info to follow soon!

Holden

TikiMaxton
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-10 11:17 am   Permalink

I got a campsite at San Onofre SB. It's at the San Mateo campground, so it's unfortunately 1.5 miles from the actual beach, but the point is that I got a site. Is anybody else insterested in sharing this spot with me? We could have a Big 'Ol Tiki Campout for the Big 'Ol Tiki Bash. Contact me offlist if you're interested in joining me...

View Profile of TikiMaxton Send a personal message to TikiMaxton  Email TikiMaxton Goto the website of TikiMaxton ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMel
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2002-08-10 4:58 pm   Permalink

Two questions:

First, what the heck is Tease O Rama?? And where can I get more info on it??

Second, how many Bay Area TC'ers are planning on driving down for the event at the TikiFarm??

Ok that was 3 questions... sorry...

View Profile of TikiMel Send a personal message to TikiMel  Email TikiMel     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thebaxdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-11 10:38 am   Permalink

www.teaseorama.com

We live to close to camp, but we might visit until Yogie kicks us out!
Happydog (What can I do?)

View Profile of thebaxdog Send a personal message to thebaxdog  Email thebaxdog Goto the website of thebaxdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-12 1:08 pm   Permalink

Holden- Get this: My first day of shooting is August 27th (my birthday), the last shoot day is September 27th...
Now I booked a flight that leaves Hamburg Saturday the 28th early in the morning, and because I will be flying against time, I will get into LA around 3:00 pm on the 28th! So I just have to get my jetlagged butt down there to you, maybe I can hitch a ride with someone...

All this depending on any unforseeable production delays not happening, off course. But I will try my darndest!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rumrunner

Posted: 2002-08-12 3:33 pm   Permalink

Quote:

Allow me to point, at this point, to a strange point:

First this German guy writes the Book of Tiki.
Then he meets this American who calls himself Otto von Stroheim but whose real name is KURT BRAUN (Why? Don't ask me!).
Finally, after 10 years of shopping it around to American publishers, this GERMAN publisher picks it up.
And now, after Trader Vic's has already been managed by GERMAN Hans Richter for years, a new guy shows up whose name is SVEN KOCH!

It is ull tru, I sfare!

Oh, and what about this guy on Kauai, Peter Schachtschneider???

Tiki uber alles? Mein Tiki? Volkstiki? Have I been the tool of a dark plot to take over the world by ....TIKI?

[ This Message was edited by: bigbrotiki on 2002-07-31 01:03 ]

I bought my copy of The Book of Tiki in Budapest. Didn't find any Tiki Bars. Other bars to be sure, but no Tiki....

View Profile of rumrunner Send a personal message to rumrunner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thebaxdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-12 8:21 pm   Permalink

Welcome aboard
What the heck were you doing in Buddah pest?
And what kind of store did you get the BOT in?

[ This Message was edited by: thebaxdog on 2002-08-12 20:24 ]

View Profile of thebaxdog Send a personal message to thebaxdog  Email thebaxdog Goto the website of thebaxdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation