FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Jack-o-lanterns
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
Jack-o-lanterns
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-10-20 09:55 am   Permalink

HAPPY HALLOWEEN TC!!!!

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2011-10-22 1:39 pm   Permalink

Not mine...but nice.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifred
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-10-22 2:04 pm   Permalink

Cool. My pumpkins always end up looking like the ones in the old Peanuts Halloween tv special.

View Profile of tikifred Send a personal message to tikifred      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-23 5:12 pm   Permalink

This year I gave the tiki pumpkin carvin a try...

I made a Jack-KU-Lantern and a Tang-O-Lantern:

then I took my efforts down to the Newberry Springs CoC Halloween festival with Crazy Kelly O and set up the Mojave Oasis "Haunted" Tiki Shack:

A lot of people couldn't believe they were real pumpkins. The High Desert Times took a bunch of photos of them

at first we didn;t take the fire torches, but we were overcome with the spirit of competition and went and got them:

4WD tiki and skull by Big Ed:

On the table is a floating candle in a pool of BLOOD!

We also had fancy lighting and a soundtrack playing. It was much more impactful in the dark, during the actual festival

Our efforts were rewarded when we won Second Place in the booth decorating contest!

Best part was I got to cop a cheap feel off Miss Teen Barstow when I posed for the newspaper shots!(Yes, newberry springs actually had to import a pretty girl from barstow for the festival)

Winning Rules!
Buzzy Out!

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-10-23 8:29 pm   Permalink

Congrats Buzz on the award (and the cheap feel). As if Newberry Spring HAD a Chamber of Commerce you lying sack of #@$* !

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tigertail777
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-25 01:27 am   Permalink

Well I suppose only Disneyland nuts like me are going to get this...I am going to just post it and see if anyone can identify what it is before I tell... (note: I did take a few very minor artist liberties).

View Profile of tigertail777 Send a personal message to tigertail777  Email tigertail777 Goto the website of tigertail777     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Alii Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-28 6:59 pm   Permalink

Took another stab at carving last night after a couple of cocktails, it's been a couple of years since I carved anything,I'm fairly stoked at the outcome.

And here's the inspiration image from an ebay auction last week.

View Profile of Alii Tiki Send a personal message to Alii Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
klockwork
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-10-29 10:40 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-10-25 01:27, tigertail777 wrote:
Well I suppose only Disneyland nuts like me are going to get this...I am going to just post it and see if anyone can identify what it is before I tell... (note: I did take a few very minor artist liberties).

Isn't that Shrunken Ned, the jungle's only self-service which doctor?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVnPFAT37us&feature=related

View Profile of klockwork Send a personal message to klockwork      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-30 5:58 pm   Permalink

One to many 151 Swizzles for this guy.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tigertail777
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-31 12:48 am   Permalink

Quote:
Isn't that Shrunken Ned, the jungle's only self-service which doctor?

Correcto-mundo Klockwork! I am glad somebody "got" it I was worried it was too much detail to make out. I actually considered making copies of the cards you get from Ned and making a slot in the bottom of the pumpkin where they would come out, but it is already just was too thin and has too much detail; some of the pumpkin has started to cave in so I had to repair it with toothpicks.

AlliTiki: that is pretty awesome! I love the deep carving in it. How does it look lit up?

Dustycajun: Hilarious...disgusting... but hilarious!

View Profile of tigertail777 Send a personal message to tigertail777  Email tigertail777 Goto the website of tigertail777     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BronzeTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-10-31 4:21 pm   Permalink

Mahaloween TC'ers!! Pine-o-lantern (or Jackapple?) and Count Lem-ula!

View Profile of BronzeTiki Send a personal message to BronzeTiki  Email BronzeTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tigertail777
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-31 5:00 pm   Permalink

Love the pine-o-lantern Bronzetiki! I may steal that idea next year.

BronzeTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-10-31 5:22 pm   Permalink

Go for it! I had a blast making them.

View Profile of BronzeTiki Send a personal message to BronzeTiki  Email BronzeTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Alii Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-31 8:48 pm   Permalink

[quote]
On 2011-10-31 00:48, tigertail777 wrote:
Quote:

AlliTiki: that is pretty awesome! I love the deep carving in it. How does it look lit up?

O yeah ... forgot that one .

There's lotsa good art going on around the pumpkin patch!

View Profile of Alii Tiki Send a personal message to Alii Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Alii Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-31 12:01 pm   Permalink

2012 Pumpkin

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation