FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » General Tiki » » Jack-o-lanterns
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
Jack-o-lanterns
MachTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-14 2:08 pm   Permalink

Mojo carved a pumkin of the first Frankenstein for my wife & I. It's awesome. Looks like the real thing and the carving IS the real thing.

Great work Mojo. I really like the new Frankenstein as well.

When are you going to try your hand at actual Tiki's?

[ This Message was edited by: MachTiki 2005-10-15 08:19 ]

View Profile of MachTiki Send a personal message to MachTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Feelin' Zombified
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-14 7:13 pm   Permalink

mojo,

those are top notch!

Last year I tried to copy your Evil Homer and couldn't even come close. More please.

-Z

View Profile of Feelin' Zombified Send a personal message to Feelin' Zombified  Email Feelin' Zombified     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
wicked
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-10-15 07:16 am   Permalink

OH those are great I was just wunnering about a TIKI-O-lantern.

kudos!

View Profile of wicked Send a personal message to wicked  Goto the website of wicked     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
artonsafari
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-10-17 4:29 pm   Permalink

Well, GMAN's given me the tiki itch.

Quick intro, My name is Art and I've been friends with GMAN since he was in college with my best friend waaaaaaay back in the late 80s-early 90s. I'm a member of a couple motorcycle and homebrew forums and have joined here as a place to see GMAN's (and now other's) work. So far I'm amazed at all everyone's different styles.

Here's my very first tiki. After finishing a classic Jack-O-Lantern I grabbed a chunka punkin and did a few rough cuts.

Soon I may take up the dremel and cut a couple bar taps.

Hope you guys like this newbie's first piece, proudly owned by my neice.

View Profile of artonsafari Send a personal message to artonsafari  Email artonsafari     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
wicked
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-10-18 07:30 am   Permalink

fun lucky, niece!

it amazes me how people are inspired by TIKI

View Profile of wicked Send a personal message to wicked  Goto the website of wicked     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-18 09:24 am   Permalink

Artsonsafari, Nice way to start the itch. Not bad for a left over chunk'o Punkin'.
I know you have been around for awhile but Welcome to TC again anyway.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-18 11:54 am   Permalink

Merged.

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-18 4:27 pm   Permalink

Art,

Oh my gourd! That is a fine punkin moai!

-Gman

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
badmojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-20 12:44 pm   Permalink

broken links deleted

[ This Message was edited by: badmojo 2007-10-29 16:48 ]

View Profile of badmojo Send a personal message to badmojo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rupe33
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-23 6:07 pm   Permalink

Happy Halloween 2005 from our cat, Mr. Hunter P. Johnson:

[ This Message was edited by: rupe33 2005-10-23 18:08 ]

View Profile of rupe33 Send a personal message to rupe33  Goto the website of rupe33     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
gwenners
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-10-30 4:45 pm   Permalink

Mine was somewhat loosely based on a Bosko wall mask I saw some time ago. I opted to do some rough cutting with a carving tool on the edges of the design as well, to give a more “rough hewn” look to it.

Oh, and it is unintentional, but I think this pumpkin looks a bit like a luchadore mask.

Cheers,
Gwen Smith

View Profile of gwenners Send a personal message to gwenners  Goto the website of gwenners     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-31 02:10 am   Permalink

All these pumpkins are fantastic!!!

I just did one and it took me 3 hours (including prep and cleaning) but I didn't know what I was doing. I think i now have my carving groove on, and have a better feel for it, but alas, lack the patience and time to do another. I'd really like to do a tiki. I used a pumpkin carving kit and an x-acto knife and came away woundless. Poor Scary Teddy was supposed to have at least 4 more teeth...

View Profile of Exoticat Send a personal message to Exoticat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-31 10:24 am   Permalink

If anyone is looking for a tiki pumpkin pattern, I made up a template from my Marquesan address sign.

You can download it as a jpeg
here.

I used it yesterday, I'll post a picture of the finished pumpkin tonight!

Great Minds Drink Alike

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-31 10:52 am   Permalink

woaw, Mojo, I love your pumpkins, they look so cool. I didn't know you were a pumpkin's sculptor...

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
badmojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-31 6:57 pm   Permalink

broken links deleted

[ This Message was edited by: badmojo 2007-10-29 16:44 ]

View Profile of badmojo Send a personal message to badmojo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation