[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Halloween Tiki Costume
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Halloween Tiki Costume
MauiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-03 8:38 pm   Permalink

I've been away from Tiki central for a week because I've been creating a Tiki Costume!

I started with some wire fencing and wrapped it in a sheet. I painted the sheet with wall paper paste and began adding Paiper Mache to the frame. Then Painted the whole thing and added a Hula Skirt! Easy!
Here the work is 90% complete.

Trying it on for the first time.

All finished, I arrived on Front Street for the Kids Parade with my Daughter.

Back for the evening crazyness of Front street with the Adults. I'm too tall for the parking garage.

Posing with my wife and friends!

Any other Halloween Tiki's out there?

Follow me on Instagram @TikiRob
www.instagram.com/TikiRob
Maui Tiki Mugs & Tours www.mauitikitours.com
Maui Web Design www.tradewindgraphics.com

View Profile of MauiTiki Send a personal message to MauiTiki  Email MauiTiki Goto the website of MauiTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SES
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-03 8:54 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: SES on 2004-01-02 03:05 ]

View Profile of SES Send a personal message to SES      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mrs. B
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-03 8:57 pm   Permalink

Very, very cool.
About 50 of those costumes would be perfect for the next OC Crawl.
Aloha!

View Profile of Mrs. B Send a personal message to Mrs. B      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SES
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-03 9:04 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-11-03 20:57, Mrs. B wrote:
Very, very cool.
About 50 of those costumes would be perfect for the next OC Crawl.
Aloha!

Night of the Living Tiki!

Hah!

View Profile of SES Send a personal message to SES      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
purple jade
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-03 9:59 pm   Permalink

This is why I love TC...all deez wunnerful, klazy kids.
I wipe away a proud tear.

View Profile of purple jade Send a personal message to purple jade  Email purple jade Goto the website of purple jade     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sosavage
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-11-04 08:24 am   Permalink

That costume is AWESOME!! Great job!

View Profile of sosavage Send a personal message to sosavage  Email sosavage Goto the website of sosavage     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-04 1:21 pm   Permalink

Outstanding costume, MT. I hope the party was outside. How did you fit into any doorways or rooms with it on?

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2003-11-04 1:40 pm   Permalink

MT,

Great costume and nice residence also!

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrtikibar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-04 3:29 pm   Permalink

What an effort. Very nice. Was it hard
to walk and sit in? Where are your arms and could you get them out in front of you if you lost your balance or if you wanted to insert a straw into the Tiki mouth? Would you change anything if you did it again?
I think that is about the coolest costume I have ever seen.

View Profile of mrtikibar Send a personal message to mrtikibar  Email mrtikibar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sweetpea
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-05 09:46 am   Permalink

I saw a hula girl in one of the pictures.
Was that someone elses costumes?

View Profile of sweetpea Send a personal message to sweetpea  Email sweetpea Goto the website of sweetpea     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-05 10:41 am   Permalink

WOW MauiTiki!!!! I wouldn't have been able to look at anything else all night if I'd been near you!!

And SES, you definitely make a hot Blonde, but I don't know if you carried off the Bimbo part; you look just too damn sharp! Maybe after a half dozen Mai Tai's you were able to carry off the "dumb" look, but in those photos, ya just look like an intelligent blonde with veeeeeery revealing dress

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SES
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-05 9:20 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: SES on 2004-01-02 03:06 ]

SES
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-05 9:28 pm   Permalink

MauiTiki,
Did you build a seat into that costume or did you have to stand all night? How long were you wearing it? I get uncomfortable just donning a rubber mask and can't imagine being inside that all night. Was it hot?
I think it's really great and can't believe how fast you created it. I've done huge papier mache projects so know the work involved to create one.

MauiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-05 11:24 pm   Permalink

Thanks for all the positive feedback.

I had shoulder straps holding it up, so the weight didn't bother me. No, I couldn't sit down or walk through doors. I wore it for the kids parade which lasted an hour, then put it on for the evening for another 3 hours (9 to midnight). There is some room inside, I actually had a beer inside for much of the night. Because of the shoulder straps, my hands were free.

It was like being Mickey Mouse at Disneyland, everyone wanted me to stop for pictures.

I'm going to build a small table to stand it on, so I can have it on display year round in my office.

Follow me on Instagram @TikiRob
www.instagram.com/TikiRob
Maui Tiki Mugs & Tours www.mauitikitours.com
Maui Web Design www.tradewindgraphics.com

View Profile of MauiTiki Send a personal message to MauiTiki  Email MauiTiki Goto the website of MauiTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MauiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-05 11:30 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-11-04 15:29, mrtikibar wrote:
What an effort. Very nice. Was it hard
to walk and sit in? Where are your arms and could you get them out in front of you if you lost your balance or if you wanted to insert a straw into the Tiki mouth? Would you change anything if you did it again?

It was easy to walk and get around as long as I had enough head room. My arms were inside, I had more than one person try to push me over, but it was fairly stable, and I could move pretty well. If I were to fall there would be no hands to catch my fall. (good thing I didn't)

If I had to do it again, I'd get all my female friends to dress as hula girls and we'd do a dance for the Contest!

[ This Message was edited by: MauiTiki on 2003-11-05 23:31 ]

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation