FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Hawaiian Inn: Who's In?: post here
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Hawaiian Inn: Who's In?: post here
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-24 3:03 pm   Permalink

Aloha Sarah & Justin!!!
Please do try and join us. We had such a good time last year with you guys.

Doesn't sound like we have many takers for a Friday night event. If anyone wants to go early with Bree and Tristan to Julians on Saturday, please let them know so they can hatch a plan. Bree is definitely the one to introduce you to the sonorous sounds of Little Eva.

Meanwhile, Marian and I will probably hang at the Hawaiian Inn bar before the show, but those from far away places should experience Julians if they can.
KG

View Profile of Kailuageoff Send a personal message to Kailuageoff  Email Kailuageoff     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
totallytiki

Posted: 2003-11-28 8:14 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-11-05 12:39, Kailuageoff wrote:
The show is usually Wed. through Sun, with Monday and Tuesday dark. Also, please be aware they also knock-off for a few weeks in November to take vacations and then start the X-mass show. I like the X-mas show because they do Mele Kalikimaka and stuff like that, which makes me think of when I was keiki.

The New Years' show is more of a conventional New Year's Eve Party and they tone down the Hawaiian stuff, so that's not a good choice for most of us. Someone on TC went to that and said they didn't like it because they didn't play much Hawaiian music.

We can do Saturday the 17th with no problem, but we would hate to miss visting with Jab. For those that are locals, what's the possibility of taking a vacation day and driving to Daytona for the Hawaiian Inn on Friday night the 16th? If you want to stay the weekend, we could plan on a 2nd night with dinner at Julian's on Saturday the 17th.
Just a thought.

KG

View Profile of totallytiki Send a personal message to totallytiki  Email totallytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
totallytiki

Posted: 2003-11-28 8:19 pm   Permalink

Dinner at Julians? How is their food? I know they have the perfect atmosphere for this sort of gathering, but not so sure about the quality of their food. Right next door to Julian's is one of our favorite restaurants...Stonewood. Just another thought.

View Profile of totallytiki Send a personal message to totallytiki  Email totallytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-01 2:14 pm   Permalink

Excuse me for saying this, but screw Stonewood! They opened right next door to Julian's in an obvious attempt to compete with them. Stonewood is just another trendy psuedo-sophisticated uptight restaurant without a clue. Someone far wiser than I once said if you want fine dining, skip the tiki bar. If you want atmosphere, skull-numbing tropical beverages and a license to indulge your primitive erotic fantasies, step inside. Well, they might not have said it exactly that way, but I was stung by a Scorpion at the time.

[ This Message was edited by: Kailuageoff on 2003-12-01 14:14 ]

View Profile of Kailuageoff Send a personal message to Kailuageoff  Email Kailuageoff     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bree
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-02 6:24 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-12-01 14:14, Kailuageoff wrote:
Excuse me for saying this, but screw Stonewood!

Ditto!!!!!!!!! The best part of Julian's is that they have the same chef and menu since 1969..yes the cusine is seriously dated but that's what makes it so special!!!! But if you have enough of their Mai Tais--it doesn't matter.....
Anyway, back to the itinerary; I getting a bit confused....when are we doing what???
Unfortunately, I cant take a vacation day...my clientele depends on me; so I'm restricted to Saturday and Sunday for out of town jollies.

View Profile of Tiki Bree Send a personal message to Tiki Bree      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-05 10:25 am   Permalink

To answer Bree's question and help tighten the schedule, here's what I'm reading:

Florida tiki gathering at the Hawaiian Inn in Daytona Beach, Saturday, Jan. 17th.

Come early to enjoy the ocean, pools (indoor or outdoor) and the poolside tiki bar.

Meet in hotel lobby around 5 pm for happy hour at Julian's before the show. Bree and Tristan as tour guides.

Return to Hawaiian Inn for Teauila's Hawaiian luau and show at 7 pm.

I'm going to ask Wayne and Teauila if they wouldn't mind talking with our group about the history of their show and the Hawaiian Inn after the show. We would probably do that in the bar.

All tiki carvers regardles of style are welcome.

Let me know if this sounds like an acceptable plan.
KG

[ This Message was edited by: Kailuageoff on 2003-12-05 10:26 ]

FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-05 10:39 am   Permalink

I love that idea. I'm glad to see some kind of schedule so everyone knows what is going on.
Everyone needs to make reservations for their rooms as well. Got's mine!

Can't wait.

www.flounderart.com

View Profile of FLOUNDERart Send a personal message to FLOUNDERart  Email FLOUNDERart Goto the website of FLOUNDERart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-06 12:16 am   Permalink

Wellllll....

Since AlnShelley have set the standard for "room bars" and I purloined the name "Lagoon Lounge" and subsequently was granted license to use it...

...I feel it's my duty to uphold their other traditions here on the Atlantic side.

I copped an ocean front suite - and will be setting up bar there for the top-shelf crew.

I know at Caliente Tropics, they have a number and a name for that special room where the elixers are concocted...

...you can call this room:

The East Coast Tiki Revival Room.

Just step over me and Flounder on your way to the punch bowls.

Regarding the schedule - I think that will work just fine. Sounds like a blast to me.

When I find out what room number I'm in I'll post it. I plan on being there about noon on Saturday or whenever they'll let me in.

[ This Message was edited by: pablus on 2003-12-06 19:43 ]

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-06 09:59 am   Permalink

Pablus
Quote:
Just step over me and Flounder on your way to the punch bowls.

Why do you keep trying to involve me in your wild drunken shananigans? I'm an upstanding straight laced gentleman of society!

www.flounderart.com

View Profile of FLOUNDERart Send a personal message to FLOUNDERart  Email FLOUNDERart Goto the website of FLOUNDERart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bree
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-06 8:15 pm   Permalink

[quote]
On 2003-12-06 09:59, FLOUNDERart wrote:
Pablus
Quote:
I'm an upstanding straight laced gentleman of society!

Yeah-h-h.........ri-i-i-ight..............

View Profile of Tiki Bree Send a personal message to Tiki Bree      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bree
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-06 8:19 pm   Permalink

Quote:

Let me know if this sounds like an acceptable plan.
KG

Splendid!!!!! You are a superb social director, KG!!!!

FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-07 10:52 am   Permalink

OK, maybe not upstanding, straight laced, or even a gentleman for that matter, but I belong to society.

www.flounderart.com

[ This Message was edited by: FLOUNDERart on 2003-12-09 07:15 ]

Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-10 12:10 pm   Permalink

Pablus,
Opening your room up sounds cool. I may bring a decoration or two.
KG

FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-10 2:04 pm   Permalink

If your opening your room, i'll bring some decor as well. Let me know?

pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-12 09:53 am   Permalink

Just upgraded the room to an oceanfront
suite.

Wahine can sleep.
We can drink.

I'll have my Uke and a CD player for the Hawaiiana music I'll also bring along.

They couldn't give me the room number until I get there - they said. Maybe you could get it written in stone Geoff, so we could post it.

If nothing else, TC'ers can just look for the ground floor room facing the ocean that has the door open and some kind of art or something Tiki in the doorway...

....maybe even the pole-mounted head of the Michigan snowbird who complains about ... "those drunk idiots in their Hawaiian shirts and their voodoo music shit goin' on."

They also mentioned no knoweledge of a 20 person party for the show with "Tiki-Geoff." Bummer. I'll call 'em again after Christmas.

East Coast Tiki Revival!
I'm gonna write a song about that.
Premiering January 17th.

I wish I could surf.
Fatuhiva, you got any boards like 18 feet long?

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation