FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Hawaiian Inn: Who's In?: post here
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Hawaiian Inn: Who's In?: post here
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-15 10:52 am   Permalink

They take show reservations at the desk and in the showroom. I'll just tell Wayne to hold a big table up front for us, so there's no need to worry.

View Profile of Kailuageoff Send a personal message to Kailuageoff  Email Kailuageoff     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-16 02:16 am   Permalink

Alright...so this is an event now and me and the wife should go? January is the single brokest month of my fiscal year....could I pay with hacked wood?

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-17 10:41 am   Permalink

I'm going to see if I can do it...I'll be coming off of a serious rock 'n roll weekend (Guided By Voices and Brian Jonestown Massacre at the 40-Watt) but pending recovery of my stamina and pocketbook I may make it.

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-17 8:41 pm   Permalink

I believe, O' Kahuna, as a Special TIki Agent - or is that TIki Special Agent - that you should attend to make sure everybody's dress and rum to blood ratio is according to code.

Also - we need a Californian here to help us preach the East Coast Tiki Revival. A covert convert, so to speak.

Brethren, can we get a witness?

The right Rev. Bamboo Ben perhaps?

Pastor K. Geoff will be speaking and deacons Flounder and pablus will be passing the plate... of pupu.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-18 08:39 am   Permalink

Yes Kahuna should be there, there is no excuse.
I'm herby taking the "rum to blood ratio" burden on to my own shoulders or should I say liver. Actually you would probably have to add blood to my vains to even out the ratio already.
I need a witness!
EAST COAST TIKI REVIVAL

www.flounderart.com

View Profile of FLOUNDERart Send a personal message to FLOUNDERart  Email FLOUNDERart Goto the website of FLOUNDERart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tweedtone
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-02 1:07 pm   Permalink

OK, got my reservation, Oceanside Studio w/King Bed.

Do we need reservations for Julian's...?

View Profile of tweedtone Send a personal message to tweedtone  Email tweedtone Goto the website of tweedtone     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-02 11:31 pm   Permalink

No reservations for Julian's.
Bre-elle gave me her word that Julian's was a MUST SEE.

It is: Out Of Time.

Which should be a 'gloss' thing - OOT.
The Mai Kai is OOT.
Kinda like a "TiPSY" factor but without the credibility.

Bring the acoustic.
I got your rum covered.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-03 12:25 am   Permalink

Looks like oral surgery for me. Three adult wisdom teeth. Gotta go get a panoramic x-ray this coming week. Sucks. Like I'll be sucking pain killers and blood for the next month.

tweedtone
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-04 10:41 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-01-02 23:31, pablus wrote:Bring the acoustic.

Are we gonna have us a jam session (and what's the Hawaiian word for "jam session"?)?

View Profile of tweedtone Send a personal message to tweedtone  Email tweedtone Goto the website of tweedtone     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-05 10:44 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-12-15 10:52, Kailuageoff wrote:
They take show reservations at the desk and in the showroom. I'll just tell Wayne to hold a big table up front for us, so there's no need to worry.

Geoff, did you talk to Wayne about this?
Also should everyone be making reservations for the show now?

www.flounderart.com

View Profile of FLOUNDERart Send a personal message to FLOUNDERart  Email FLOUNDERart Goto the website of FLOUNDERart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-06 6:30 pm   Permalink

Yeah Flounder, everybody better start making reservations for the show asap. I talked with Wayne about all of this around Thanksgiving and he was hip to the whole thing. If you reach the hotel desk, ask to speak with Wayne or Pat in the showroom. They'll know you are with me if you say "TikiGeoff". Due to the holidays and the fact that my convertible got creamed two weeks before Christmas and is still in the body shop, I've been getting around by motorcycle which has kept me away from Daytona. Fortunatley, the car will be out the end of this week and I'll try to take a run out to Daytona and make sure everything is firmed up. Sorry about cold temperatures almost everywhere else in the country right now, but the weather has been unfreakin' believably awesome here the last two weeks.
Hopefully it will be the same for our little luau.

View Profile of Kailuageoff Send a personal message to Kailuageoff  Email Kailuageoff     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-06 10:49 pm   Permalink

The weather states 4 degrees with a violent wind from the northeast and calls for fire and hail.

Nahhhhhh.

It's gonna be beautiful - just like always.
EAST COAST TIKI REVIVAL!!!!

OK - I've decided on three punch bowls for the Revival Room.

Beachbum's Own.

Trader Vic's Scorpion.

Pain Killers.

If these will just not do - make sure you log a complaint with Thor Heyerdahl Dot Org and they'll take care of it in 8 to 10 years.

My voice is still not back to normal - so don't expect any Tiny Tim songs.

Has anyone spotted TikiMon?

Please do not bring your Jimmy Buffet CDs. I'm bringing my whole collection.

FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-07 07:09 am   Permalink

Quote:
Has anyone spotted TikiMon?

Please do not bring your Jimmy Buffet CDs. I'm bringing my whole collection.

Yeah, what did happen to TikMon? He was all over TC for a while there.

Pablus, what about all the bootlegs and imports from Japan? Want me to bring them?

www.flounderart.com

Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-07 12:50 pm   Permalink

Flounder,
Is that a picture of you without your hat?
You look kinda familiar.

Pablus,
Should I bring my mint copy of High Cumberland Jubilee...

, or do you already have that one? I find there's nothing like listening to vintage Buffett and knocking back a few cans of Old Milwaukee before a hula show.
KG

[ This Message was edited by: Kailuageoff on 2004-01-07 12:51 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Kailuageoff on 2004-01-07 12:54 ]

Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-08 11:41 am   Permalink

Florida Tiki Tribe,
Just got off the phone with Wayne from the Hawaiian Inn and he told me he has been getting alot of calls for our event on the 17th and he and Teauila are really looking forward to our visit.

He has a table of 20 reserved for us, but please call 386-255-5411 ext. 186 to make a reservation if you want to be sure you will be seated with our group. Wayne said he can increase our reserved seating, if necessary, but would like to know sooner rather than later. Also, if you made a reservation and for some reason are not coming, please be a good member of the Tiki Central Ohana and call to let them know that as well.

Also, please know you can video tape the show if you want to(most other places don't allow that). Also, I'm going to try to figue out some way to do name tags for our group so we'll be able to keep faces straight after we've had a few mugs full. We'll probably put sign up in the lobby telling folks where to go to get an official "aloha".

BK, we're all very sorry you can't make it. Im sure everyone was really looking forward to meeting the East Coast's champion weapons carver/relic hunter/and tiki central poster. Oh well, maybe we'll be able to visit your island at some point. I've been itching to do a Georgia Mountain motorcycle trip when it gets warmer...

Meanwhile, fire up the volcano and shave some ice, 'cause the Florida Tiki Revival is just around the corner.
KG

[ This Message was edited by: Kailuageoff on 2004-01-08 11:41 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation