FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Hawaiian Inn: Who's In?: post here
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Hawaiian Inn: Who's In?: post here
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-08 12:17 pm   Permalink

Should I post to the Hukilau list about this? I have been debating it n my head. I suspect there are plenty of FL area folks who do not know.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-08 12:43 pm   Permalink

Swanky,
Sure. It might also be a reminder for those that made a reservation before Christmas and don't realize this is sneaking up on them. The more the merrier.
KG

View Profile of Kailuageoff Send a personal message to Kailuageoff  Email Kailuageoff     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-08 1:07 pm   Permalink

It's gone out. I just copied some of your words and put them in there.

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-08 4:08 pm   Permalink

Swanky, are we going to be seeing you at the Hawaiian Inn?

View Profile of FLOUNDERart Send a personal message to FLOUNDERart  Email FLOUNDERart Goto the website of FLOUNDERart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-08 4:33 pm   Permalink

I'm afraid not, but I have asked Pablus to imbibe my share for me as well. ; )

FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-08 5:57 pm   Permalink

From what I hear he could imbibe for us all and still be standing.

View Profile of FLOUNDERart Send a personal message to FLOUNDERart  Email FLOUNDERart Goto the website of FLOUNDERart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-08 7:30 pm   Permalink

Hey guys - you're wounding my delicate nature.

I don't drink any more than any mythological Norse diety would on an off day.

Actually - I want to remember the whole day right up until the show is over and I make it back to the beach. Once there I can always pass out in the sand and wake up to the familiar taunts of youth... "Look Mom - that whale needs us to help it back in the water."

*sob*

EAST COAST TIKI REVIVAL!!!

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cybertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-08 8:16 pm   Permalink

The word that springs to mind to describe Pablus' ability to absorb liquor (as I observed it at the Mai-Kai) is "superhuman". The Sidewinder's Fang is about a half-gallon of rum, fruit juice, and (more) rum. The man was working on his second one after sampling just about every other drink on the menu, including some that normal human beings would never even consider ordering ...

In my own brain damaged state today, brought on by a vain attempt to make sense of my employer's total inability to provide me with meaningful work (meaning that Mai-Tai's generally start at noon), I had completely forgotten that Tiki Central consists of multiple forums ... hence my frantic messages to Flounder and Pablus to find out the details on this event.

I'll be up with my wife (Joelle) and my daughter (Christina) who is already asking if she gets to dance. We look forward to meeting everyone - I'm sure it'll be another great time!

http://www.cybertiki.com

View Profile of cybertiki Send a personal message to cybertiki  Email cybertiki Goto the website of cybertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-08 9:48 pm   Permalink

Paul is the only man I have of yet been unable to phase under the spell of the KTPR drinks. Paul became my Legionnaire compatriot at that point. Paul is not a tiki enthusiast, Paul is a tiki officer and gentleman.

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bree
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-09 09:54 am   Permalink

Ok, could we have an updated list of who's attending this festive convergence?

KG, when I made my reservations for dinner the sweet person on the phone didn't know who or what our group was.....
Do we need to call Wayne as a reminder or are we good to go?

View Profile of Tiki Bree Send a personal message to Tiki Bree      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bree
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-09 09:58 am   Permalink

"cybertiki Posted: 2004-01-08 20:16
I'll be up with my wife (Joelle) and my daughter (Christina) who is already asking if she gets to dance."

Hey, are you the adorable family I saw at the Mai Kai New Year's eve?????

View Profile of Tiki Bree Send a personal message to Tiki Bree      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-09 12:34 pm   Permalink

Hey, you guys have room for an intruder from the wrong coast?

I just checked air fares & the ol' piggy bank on a whim, and I think I can sqeak by.

I haven't really thought this out yet, but the fares I'm looking at are for flying in to Orlando, is this the way to go? Unless there's an easy shuttle deal from Orlando to Daytona, I'll plan on getting a rental car.

I would be taking the red-eye arriving Saturday morning -- would any of the locals be willing to show me around before the festivities start?

Before I book my reservations at the hotel, are there any chicks who would like to share a room with me?

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-09 2:10 pm   Permalink

<<<Hey, you guys have room for an intruder from the wrong coast? >>>

I would think your title would be "High-Tiki Ambassador."

<<<... the fares I'm looking at are for flying in to Orlando, is this the way to go?>>>

Most definitely the cheapest and probably the most convenient.

Alright! HumuHumu. A great surprise to add even more good vibes to the weekend.

Now we've got a certified U.S.T.C. event.

BK - sure you can't live with hurty teeth for one more week? Better yet - I'll make an extra batch of Painkillers and Coombs can operate with your nice new sharp carving tools.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cybertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-09 3:02 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-01-09 09:58, Tiki Bree wrote:
Hey, are you the adorable family I saw at the Mai Kai New Year's eve?????

Hi Bree, good to see that you remember us!

I think the adorable may apply to Joelle and Christina. Personally, I've been called a LOT of things in my life, and can't recall 'adorable' as one of them! That's OK though, it's been a long time since I rode a horse into a building, and I sorta learned my lesson last time I pulled that stunt at a party, so I'll be on my best behaviour this time around - maybe (or maybe not - I tend to change my mind rapidly once I get in the right company)!

BTW Pablus, I got something special coming in just for you ... remember BK mentioning the antique bottle of absinthe he had? I can't find one that old, but if I get it in time, I'll be bringing along the next best thing. What was it they said? Let the green fairies in ...

http://www.cybertiki.com

View Profile of cybertiki Send a personal message to cybertiki  Email cybertiki Goto the website of cybertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-09 5:50 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-01-09 14:10, pablus wrote:
I would think your title would be "High-Tiki Ambassador."

Nononononono... let's just stick with "humble visitor."

FYI, I called to make show reservations, and the fellow I spoke with knew exactly who Geoff was and all about the get-together, but said I didn't need to make reservations; he didn't take my name. It sounded to me like they are counting on Geoff to keep track of the headcount.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation