FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Humphrey's/Bali Hai Day After Thanksgiving
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
Humphrey's/Bali Hai Day After Thanksgiving
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-27 12:40 pm   Permalink

My meeting was Tuesday morning, and I ended up carpooling with a colleague, so I just zipped down for a few hours & came right back that same day. I'll be driving down tomorrow a.m., so I'm passing on the Spa Tiki thing for another time -- when I go, I'll announce it with more lead time in case anyone would like to join me.

Jab - I'd love to see Tom Ham's, but I really want to get the grand Shelter Island tour, so I think I'll stay together with the rest of the Humphrey's folks. Bong - I'll call you when I get down there. I don't know when that'll be -- I'm living aloha these days.

See you guys soon!

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OnaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-27 8:02 pm   Permalink

So, is the get together at the Bali Hai open to anyone? We live in San Diego and frequent the Bali Hai often and would love to meet some fellow Tikiphiles.
Monica & Ric

View Profile of OnaTiki Send a personal message to OnaTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2003-11-27 8:17 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-11-27 20:02, OnaTiki wrote:
So, is the get together at the Bali Hai open to anyone? We live in San Diego and frequent the Bali Hai often and would love to meet some fellow Tikiphiles.
Monica & Ric

Like I said, Bong loves you all (even you Chris Tiki!) Come on by. Humu-x-two-mu, see you there sistah!

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OnaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-27 8:41 pm   Permalink

Thanks !! Count us in. Looking forward to meeting all of you.
Moki & Ric ')

View Profile of OnaTiki Send a personal message to OnaTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Rider
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-30 6:54 pm   Permalink

From the Lagoon Room to the the guided Tiki Tours, Humphrey's to the Bali Hai...Thanks for a great time. It was alot of fun, and pleasure to meet everyone, some for the first time and others again.
Aloha

View Profile of Tiki Rider Send a personal message to Tiki Rider      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2003-11-30 7:51 pm   Permalink

Yes, the annual 'Go to Shelter Island the Day after Thanksgiving', was as much fun as ever (well, last year anyway).

A good grouping of known and new members were up to loud and boisterous antics at all stops.

The day began at the Lagoon Room with mixmaster Al whipping up some delicious libations.

From there, it was Interstate 5 South, to Treasure Island!

The evening began at our suite (sweet!) at Humphrey's, with Al mixing up the polynesian potions with reckless (and freckless) abandon.

Kick the Reverb Ran and his wahini Dale made their way up to the room, just in time for a Mai Tai.

After a few rounds, we walked over to the Bali Hai, in time for - More drinks.

In attendance were Al, Shelly, Bong, Madame Bong, Baby Bongs, Poly Pop and his wahini, TikiRider5-0 and his son, The Jab and his wild-ass friend Ed ("Christ on a Crutch!"), Modmana, the OnaTiki's, Humuhumu, Dr Z and his gal, Shipwreck Joey and Mrs Wrec... er Mustang Sally, and possibly some others whose identity escapes me now.

Al mixing.

Al Serving.

The krew on the balcony. Madame Bong photographer'ing.

Baby Bong blowing the conch. And she can!

Lady Aloha and Baby Bong poolside.

Lizzete, Poly Pop and Ran.

Humuhumu, Bongaloid, and Shelly.

Grounds at Humphrey's.

Well worn tiki.

Ran & Dale.

Dinner table at Bali Hai (who thinks that the menu in Pop's hand stayed at Bali Hai?).

Ah, Christ on a Crutch!

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-30 8:44 pm   Permalink

Cool pics.

Thanks for posting and further fueling my smoldering envy for CALI Tiki romps.

[ This Message was edited by: pablus on 2003-11-30 20:45 ]

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OnaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-30 9:03 pm   Permalink

We had a wonderful time meeting everyone! Thanks for welcoming us into the tiki fold with open arms. We are looking forward to many more adventures. If we missed saying good bye to anyone, please accept our apologies (Ric had reached his quota of Bali Hai Mai Tai's and then some) He sort of remembers going to the Casbah with Humumumu, Jab and Jab's hilarious friend, Ed....Christ on a crutch!!
Hope to see you all again soon and if anyone makes it to San Diego again. Remember the Ona Tiki lounge is always open.

[ This Message was edited by: OnaTiki on 2003-11-30 21:05 ]

kick_the_reverb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-30 10:37 pm   Permalink

Thanks for posting Bong, we had a great time, it was nice to meet (and re-meet) all of you in person (including brand new friends).
See ya all next time!

Ran

View Profile of kick_the_reverb Send a personal message to kick_the_reverb  Email kick_the_reverb Goto the website of kick_the_reverb     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-01 07:27 am   Permalink

What a great time! Next time we'll have to stay longer.

I think I might have left a few things there -- can't seem to find my Book of Tiki...

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OnaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-01 10:28 am   Permalink

Poly Pop...
Oh No, the book is MIA? If you can locate it via phone at the hotel or restaurant, we'll be happy to get it for you and mail it back.
I remember you saying at some point that it was in the car.
Good Luck

thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2003-12-01 11:48 am   Permalink

A great turnout! I was expecting a small group but the table had about 20 people. It was wonderful to finally meet kick-the-reverb and shipwreckjoey (who totally looked familiar over 20 years later). Did anyone get a picture of me and shipwreck together? I thought I looked like Roy Orbison until I met him!

My friend Ed (aka Heiko aka "Christ on a Crutch!") had a blast as well - he said he thought you were a great bunch of folks!

Thanks to Bong, Al and Shelly, and Pop for organizing this. I hope you can get your BOT back Pop.

See you all in March at the OC crawl!

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kick_the_reverb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-01 3:27 pm   Permalink

What is all this talk I hear of Shipwreckjoey being there, I was sitting right next to TheJab and I don't remeber him being there..did he just drop by for a short time and I didn't notice? Shipwreckjoey, can you explain?
I didn't drink that much...so if you were really there, sorry I missed you Terry.

Ran

View Profile of kick_the_reverb Send a personal message to kick_the_reverb  Email kick_the_reverb Goto the website of kick_the_reverb     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-01 7:29 pm   Permalink

No Ran, you weren't blind, drunk or crazy. I didn't get to the Bali Hai until about 10:30. I always think it's better to show up late than not at all, sorry I missed you & Dale. Upon finding no TCers left at the B.H. I moved on to the Half Moon in search of life whereupon I ran into Poly Pop who directed me to the casa del Bong. Even though we only stayed a little over an hour or so, it was great to see everyone again. Bong, AlnShely, Doctor Z (& Z-Girl), Humuhumu, Modmana, theJab, Ed Haiku and anyone I missed, mahalo for da aloha...(and the good drinks).
SWJ, Mustang Sal & Dustin

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kick_the_reverb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-01 9:37 pm   Permalink

Ok - everything is crystal clear now, thanks for explaining!

Ran

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation