FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki tiki trader trickery
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
tiki trader trickery
TikiJosh
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-19 1:28 pm   Permalink

I can't stand that guy!
Wait, what were we talking about?
I want a Virgin Mary bobblehead. It would look great on my tiki bar.

View Profile of TikiJosh Send a personal message to TikiJosh      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-19 2:59 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2002-11-12 03:10, Trader_Rick wrote:
Wow! People really hate Allen! Well, I don't know what is up with the article he wrote, that's not the Allen I met. I've never ordered anything from him, just dealt with him in person. He's a little expensive, but outside of that I thought he was very knowledgable and helpful. The second time I went to his store, I bought a necklace for my girlfriend and a mug. He would not take a credit card or check, of course, but when I told him I had no cash, he just said, "That's OK, you can pay me next time!" Needless to say, he moved before I could ever pay him.

Anyway, it sounds like my experience with Allen was the exception rather than rule, but yes, someone out there DOES have something nice to say about him! Maybe he went nuts or something. It sounds like he's just bitter in that article. From all the negative experiences others have had with him, though, it is clear to me now why I am the only person in all of cyberspace that has a link to his website on mine.

..nice try allen, but we see through this ruse too!!! ...LOL

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thomas
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-19 3:36 pm   Permalink

I'd been feeling quite at ease with myself recently, but now I am gravely concerned that I may be a "hipster," or even worse, a "fadster."

View Profile of Thomas Send a personal message to Thomas      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader_Rick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-20 5:09 pm   Permalink

[quote]
On 2006-07-19 14:59, Tipsy McStagger wrote:
Quote:

..nice try allen, but we see through this ruse too!!! ...LOL

Ha Ha. You got me. I've secretly been flying back and forth between Hawaii and and LA every weekend just so I can deejay at the Tonga Hut every Saturday (shameless plug). Oh, and I've been disguising myself to look taller, thinner, younger, and better looking, too.

This guy sounds like a bigger a--hole now than he was when I met him 4 years ago. But I meant what I said: having hardly dealt with him, he SEEMED like a nice guy, but what the hell did I know?

Hey, since he lives in Hawaii now, that guy Dawg should go after him! Everyone at Tiki Central could pitch in and put up some sort of bounty for him!

View Profile of Trader_Rick Send a personal message to Trader_Rick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VonTiki
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2006-07-21 11:01 pm   Permalink

Funny thing,
I walked into the guy's store in Ventura and wanted to purchase an Aloha shirt for a friend of mine for a birthday gift,being that he would'nt accept credit cards or atm or checks he let me walk with the shirt without paying ,with the promise I'd pay cash next time. Next time he was gone.
I remember him as being very nice, he had lot of tiki shwag, it was before I was really bitten by the tikibug, so maybe I did'nt pay as close attention to all the tiki stuff as I would today.I still owe the guy for a really nice Aloha shirt that my friend just loved.

View Profile of VonTiki Send a personal message to VonTiki  Email VonTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MauiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-25 8:31 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-07-21 23:01, VonTiki wrote:
I still owe the guy for a really nice Aloha shirt that my friend just loved.

He owes me money for product he purchased from me to sell in his stores, so Maybe I paid for your friends aloha shirt indirectly. I'd feel better knowing your friend is happy with a shirt I paid for rather than holding a grudge for money I'll never see.

Tiki and flower pattern Stickers
www.stuckonmaui.com
Maui Tiki Tours & Tiki Mugs www.mauitikitours.com
Hippie Stickers www.hippiestickers.com

View Profile of MauiTiki Send a personal message to MauiTiki  Email MauiTiki Goto the website of MauiTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PoisonIvy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-07-26 12:28 am   Permalink

Go after your money. It's your money. Don't sit back. That's stupid.
XXXOOO
Ivy

View Profile of PoisonIvy Send a personal message to PoisonIvy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-26 08:56 am   Permalink

MauiTiki, you can get his last known address & Cell Phone number off of the Honolulu BBB "Deadbeats" list.

I love the list of "Government Actions" against him:
Quote:
On December 18, 2003 in the Circuit Court of the First Circuit, the State of Hawaii by its Office of Consumer Protection filed a Complaint and Summons, Civil No. 03-1-2519-12 against Allen St. James doing business under several names including Tiki Trader, Island Style Decor & Hawaiiana Traders. It is alleged that Allen St. James failed to deliver goods as ordered or promised, misrepresented the expansion & the opening of a physical store, and failed to disclose the true status of his operations.
The Office of Consumer Protection seeks a Court order restraining Allen St. James from engaging in from engaging in the unfair practices in violation of HRS 480-2 and 481A-3, and order him to pay restitution to every consumer who purchased merchandise from him.

Civil No. 03-1-2519-12 (VSM) (Other Civil Action) On January 20, 2004 the Circuit Court of the First Circuit ordered a Preliminary Injunction against Allen St. James and those persons in participation with him from making available to the public the website at www.tikitrader.com or offering to sell Hawaiian, Polynesian or nautical-themed merchandise and collecting payments from consumers. A hearing on a motion for default judgment against Allen St. James is scheduled for February 19, 2004.

On March 11, 2004 the Circuit Court of the First Circuit ordered and decreed default and final judgment against Allen St. James upon all counts files and all contracts between St. James and consumers regarding merchandise promoted, advertised, or offered for sale are void and unenforceable. Allen St. James is ordered to pay restitution to every consumer, including but not limited to identified consumers, who paid for merchandise St. James failed to deliver. St. James is ordered to pay a civil penalty of Thirty-two Thousand and 00/100 Dollars ($32,000.00)

He's listed as having no assets or income, so I'm afraid it could be difficult to get your money back. If it helps you could always call his step-mom Joni and ask her to intercede on your behalf, she's listed in the phonebook.

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-07-26 09:07 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-07-26 08:56, freddiefreelance wrote:
On March 11, 2004 the Circuit Court of the First Circuit ordered and decreed default and final judgment against Allen St. James

wow and 2 months later, he joins Tiki Central as Lanikai! what a tool.

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MrBaliHai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-06 2:12 pm   Permalink

Well, well, well. Looky who I just found over on YouTube...it's Braddah Kimo.

Weblog: Eye of the Goof

View Profile of MrBaliHai Send a personal message to MrBaliHai  Goto the website of MrBaliHai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-06 3:10 pm   Permalink

hmmmmm , Bar fights just dont seem very tiki to me.

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKIBOSKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-06 3:47 pm   Permalink

That footage is unintentionally weird on more levels that I ever thought possible its like a chimp got a hold of a video camera and went nuts. I love the semi-creeped out look that girl has the whole time shes handing him drinks.
At least all those interested have a face to put to all these wonderful Tiki Trader stories.

Thanks for posting that.

Bosko

View Profile of TIKIBOSKO Send a personal message to TIKIBOSKO  Goto the website of TIKIBOSKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MrBaliHai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-06 4:18 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-08-06 15:10, rodeotiki wrote:
hmmmmm , Bar fights just dont seem very tiki to me.

All depends on what kind of bar you're fighting in, I guess, but yeah, I generally don't associate tiki with brawling.

Weblog:
Eye of the Goof

View Profile of MrBaliHai Send a personal message to MrBaliHai  Goto the website of MrBaliHai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kono
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-06 4:38 pm   Permalink

I'm not understanding this. I thought Lanikai/Braddah Kimo was kama'aina and always talked pidgin?

Quote:

3 weeks ago, lanikai wrote:
"Booze. Broads. Beer. Bountious Beautiful Babes. Boobs. Beer. Burpin'... with our Buddies."

I think Lanikai/Mr St James needs to study
this in order to understand what Tiki Central is all about. We are not about "Burpin' with our Buddies" Sir!

View Profile of Kono Send a personal message to Kono  Email Kono Goto the website of Kono     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2006-08-06 6:18 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-08-06 15:47, TIKIBOSKO wrote:
...At least all those interested have a face to put to all these wonderful Tiki Trader stories.

Now I'm confused. His photo on the Tiki Central Frappr map is quite different.
http://www.frappr.com/?a=photo&gid=702419&pid=2417751&src=flash_slideticker

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation