FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Attention Bay Area Peeps & Creeps: Luau on Saturday Aug 24!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Attention Bay Area Peeps & Creeps: Luau on Saturday Aug 24!!
Cherry Capri
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-23 9:35 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2002-08-22 17:28, bigbadtikidaddy wrote:
the amount of tiki central kids is kind of "mini" also!

Sometimes... the mini tiki gatherings are the best of all. We had a huge tiki blowout a few weeks back... but it was the quiet hang afterwards with just a few tiki centralites that i remember most fondly

much luck on the crawl you guys... you got me inspired to do something like that in our neighborhood!

View Profile of Cherry Capri Send a personal message to Cherry Capri  Goto the website of Cherry Capri     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMel
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2002-08-25 1:16 pm   Permalink

Pictures.. c'mon... I want pictures....

How'd it go guys???

View Profile of TikiMel Send a personal message to TikiMel  Email TikiMel     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbadtikidaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-26 4:36 pm   Permalink

Ok, I know I needed at LEAST a day to recover & collect my thoughts before posting anything.
Had an awesome time!!
My thanks to the tiki central kids for making the scene helping make a memorable time! I hope y'all had fun as well.
My house still has the faint smell of pineapple even as I write this!
I am bummed because I actually missed Randy's part of the evening since I was at my place prepping stuff & getting my tiny house ready for the onslaught!
A few key people didnt show up with a few key ingredients, like ...ICE!! So people were showing up & had to wait a bit before drinks were served. That kind of threw off my planning, plus I should've just made a rum punch instead of trying to blend EVERY single drink.....
Sure, we ran out of food & eventually RUM (zoiks!), but there was plenty of other booze on hand.
ah well, live & learn! We made due with what we had & I was saying goodbye to my last guests at about 3:30 am! Everone kept gravitating toward the "smoker's lounge" in the basement & that is where we wrapped up the night. (choke!)
AND only one tiki mug broke, so that wasnt too bad! I only wish I took more photos, but I was too busy "living it"!
If anyone wants to post or send me any pics of the evening I would REALLY appreciate it!
bigbadtikidaddy@aol.com
cheers!
t-daddy

View Profile of bigbadtikidaddy Send a personal message to bigbadtikidaddy  Email bigbadtikidaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbadtikidaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-27 1:34 pm   Permalink

whoops, gotta revise that:
TWO tiki mugs broke! (waah!)
1 harvey's hula mug & 1 Dukes, Kaui.
Oh well, it's not a party unless something breaks!
How sad that I didnt finish washing all the mugs til last night!
hmm, is anyone else gonna post their review?

View Profile of bigbadtikidaddy Send a personal message to bigbadtikidaddy  Email bigbadtikidaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2002-08-27 3:46 pm   Permalink

I was so busy last weekend I didn't have time to read tiki central until yesterday so I'm just catching up.

I had a great time at both parties! Highlights:
Randy's (aquarj) punch from Intoxica, and his art collection; Naomi's cherry tomatoes stuffed with lomi lomi salmon and macadamia nut biscuits; bigbadtikidaddy's selection of mugs for drinking from (some I wish I had in my collection), and his wild friends that were already pretty lit up when I arrived from Randy's. I left early at 10 to catch the Saturn V at Club Deluxe.

Mahalo to both hosts! Sorry, I didn't bring a camera so I have no pics to share.

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Fonduie
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2002-08-29 11:43 am   Permalink

First of all I would like to thank our two gracious hosts. The company, the libations, and the tiki's made for a terrific night.

If any Tiki Centralites out there get the chance to visit either home they should definitely do so. i was very impressed.

Thanks again!

View Profile of Fonduie Send a personal message to Fonduie      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquarj
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2002-09-02 12:22 am   Permalink

Thanks to the people who came for the nice comments about my place - hope to do it again sometime. Finally catching up with some photos this weekend, but unfortunately I only have a couple to post from the party.

From left: cynful, aquarj(me), Monica, Jeff, thejab, Naomi, fonduie

Naomi's lomi lomi salmon cherry tomatoes, on an old TVics plate. Also her macadamia nut biscuits on the red plate.

-Randy

View Profile of aquarj Send a personal message to aquarj  Goto the website of aquarj     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation