FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Attn: AZ Tikiphiles - Sept get-together
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
Attn: AZ Tikiphiles - Sept get-together
cheeky tiki lady

Posted: 2004-02-09 08:26 am   Permalink

Hi there everyone. I am really bummed that I missed the Drift Saturday night. We are in the process of moving and we just had too much to do.Which bums me out because I could have used a really big drink.
I am definately interested in more Tiki Events. Hopefully my back yard will be up for hosting some of them in the near future.

View Profile of cheeky tiki lady Send a personal message to cheeky tiki lady      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cultjam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-09 11:11 pm   Permalink

Arizona Tikiphiles are an elusive group. Witness here the group picture blurred to protect the identities of the guilty.

From left: MustDangSally, Cousin Dave, VWTikigirl and VWTikiboy and their tiki friends who have yet to be snared into the venerable universe that is Tiki Central.

If you look closely, Shecky #118 is standing proud next to the red U Bastard mug on the table. Shecky had to retreat to the side, the staff kept trying to clear him off the table!

[ This Message was edited by: Cultjam on 2004-02-09 23:19 ]

View Profile of Cultjam Send a personal message to Cultjam      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
vwtikigirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-10 08:55 am   Permalink

Thanks Cultjam. That picture is pretty funny. Sure am glad we begged for that. haha. Oh well, we'll try again next time, which for all you AZ folks who missed the last one is going to be March 6th after Art Detour, we still need to decide on the details.

View Profile of vwtikigirl Send a personal message to vwtikigirl      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
vwtikigirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-10 11:30 am   Permalink

I just stumbled across this while I was researching art detour. Has anyone been to this before. It's 3/20-3/21 and looks pretty interesting.

http://www.azalohafest.org/index.html

[ This Message was edited by: vwtikigirl on 2004-02-10 11:30 ]

View Profile of vwtikigirl Send a personal message to vwtikigirl      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cousin Dave
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-02-10 12:18 pm   Permalink

Nice find vwtikigirl!-I had not heard about this before, but it definitely sounds interesting-I'm already spreading the word~~CD

View Profile of Cousin Dave Send a personal message to Cousin Dave  Email Cousin Dave     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
weirduncletiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-10 12:44 pm   Permalink

Hello, Arizona!

So, glad to hear that your evening at Drift was a blast. I'll be in town for a couple days and would really dig meeting some of you. How's The Bikini Lounge on Monday evening, the 16th sound? I've never been there and would love to check it out. Feel free to reply here or send me an e-mail at
weirduncletiki@yahoo.com Hope to see you there!

-Weird Unc

p.s. Sorry I couldn't be around over the weekend, but hopefully a Monday night will work out.

View Profile of weirduncletiki Send a personal message to weirduncletiki  Email weirduncletiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cousin Dave
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-02-10 2:16 pm   Permalink

Hey Weird Unc,
Aloha! I'll be the first to throw my hula skirt into the ring for an uncommon Monday night out. Just to give you a heads up on what to expect with the Bikini Lounge-it's not the prettiest place nor in the most elegant 'hood of Phoenix, but it does have that nostalgic tiki feel to it. Plus, it lays claim to being the oldest tiki bar that currently exists in the Phoenix area. I would suppose that it will also be fairly mellow on a Monday night but then again; you never know, right? Most importantly though, at least a few of us true blue tikiphiles will be keepin' the tiki torch burning brightly!~~CD

View Profile of Cousin Dave Send a personal message to Cousin Dave  Email Cousin Dave     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cousin Dave
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-02-10 2:22 pm   Permalink

Hey all,
Another quick announcement I had previously neglected to mention regarding a very interesting arts event(in the spirit of St. Valentine's Day)coming up this Friday night-check it out:

http://www.alwunhouse.org/exotic.html

Anyone ever been to this-extremely fun and outrageous! Hope to see some of you there~~CD

[ This Message was edited by: Cousin Dave on 2004-02-10 14:29 ]

Cultjam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-10 10:42 pm   Permalink

Good find VWTG, I hadn't heard of that festival. Didn't find much online info on Art Detour myself, but will plan on ending up at Bikini Lounge on the 6th.

Cousin Dave, Alwun house is a place you have to go at least once.

View Profile of Cultjam Send a personal message to Cultjam      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cultjam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-10 10:44 pm   Permalink

Count me in for the 16th, WeirdUnc.

vwtikigirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-11 08:40 am   Permalink

Sorry guys I won't be able to make the 16th, that's my daughter's gymnastics night. I'll catch you next time around WeirdUncleTiki. Have fun guys!

weirduncletiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-11 10:23 am   Permalink

Wow, that Alwun House event looks like a "don't miss event." I went to an opening there several years ago and it's a very intriguing art space. Looking forward to seeing Cousin Dave and Cultjam. Sorry to miss you, Vwtikigirl. Have fun with the tumblers!

-Weird Unc

View Profile of weirduncletiki Send a personal message to weirduncletiki  Email weirduncletiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
weirduncletiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-11 11:12 am   Permalink

I just looked up the address for Bikini Lounge and came up with this: http://www.barstar.com/cgi-bin/phx_db/search.cgi?setup_file=details.setup.cgi&db_id=phx1014

Is that photo really what we can expect? I hope not, it looks too clean and wholesome!

-Weird Unc

Cousin Dave
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-02-11 12:15 pm   Permalink

Weird Unc,

No Worries-Wherever that bizarre photo came from, it definitely does not fit the ambiance of the Bikini Lounge! So for the 16th, is the plan to meet up at the B.L. at a given time, or would it be easier to rendezvous somewhere ahead of time first? Not sure how familiar you are with Phoenix-just let us know what you think is easiest for you~~CD

MustDangSally
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-02-11 3:07 pm   Permalink

CultJam; That's exactly how Drift looked to me after a couple drinks. I'll only order one next time, otherwise I tip too generously.

Look at all these fun events. I'm so glad I joined up here. Can anyone tell me more about Art Detour? Who has attended one?

[ This Message was edited by: mustdangsally on 2004-02-12 15:29 ]

View Profile of MustDangSally Send a personal message to MustDangSally  Email MustDangSally     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation