FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Attn: AZ Tikiphiles - Sept get-together
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
Attn: AZ Tikiphiles - Sept get-together
Tiki Mo Fo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-04-07 4:30 pm   Permalink

Hey Everyone in AZ.... I am looking at moving back to that direction later this summer, from LA. How was Kon Tiki? Have they got their new mugs yet? I was in there a few months ago and they told me that someone came in with a bag of bowls and they turned down the chance of buying them cheap. I have been telling them for months to check out the site and the cuda, maybe now they will.

View Profile of Tiki Mo Fo Send a personal message to Tiki Mo Fo  Email Tiki Mo Fo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Blue Scorpion

Posted: 2004-04-12 10:13 pm   Permalink

Ooh, you're coming back just in time for the "balmy" weather!

View Profile of Blue Scorpion Send a personal message to Blue Scorpion  Goto the website of Blue Scorpion     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
vwtikigirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-15 12:00 pm   Permalink

Tiki Mo Fo - we didn't make it out to Kon Tiki in April, but I'm sure we'll be planning a trip sometime over the summer. We're always happy to add a new member to the AZ crew. I don't think you'll be getting any of us to volunteer to help you move in the middle of the summer though.

I mailed off my check to Otto, so my husband and I are definitely planning on going for at least 1 day. Wish we could stay for more, but it doesn't look like we'll be able to make it happen this year.

View Profile of vwtikigirl Send a personal message to vwtikigirl      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Mo Fo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-04-15 1:34 pm   Permalink

I will be coming in the area for the next week. If the group has anything going on, drop me a line...... Of course I am still recovering from Viva Las Vegas, but I am always ready for Tiki...........

View Profile of Tiki Mo Fo Send a personal message to Tiki Mo Fo  Email Tiki Mo Fo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cousin Dave
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-04-15 8:27 pm   Permalink

Greetings to you Tiki Mo-Fo,

Are you going to be in the Phoenix area? If so, I have a buddy also coming in town for several days next week and besides watching a lot of hockey/basketball playoffs, we are planning to hit some nightlife(including the two tiki bars here in the valley.) And of course if anyone else from the gang is interested then let's come up with a game plan for getting together sometime toward the end of next week~~Cousin Dave

View Profile of Cousin Dave Send a personal message to Cousin Dave  Email Cousin Dave     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Blue Scorpion

Posted: 2004-04-17 4:10 pm   Permalink

Tiki Mo Fo; How did you like VLV7? I hear it was a let down -- car show/vendors shut down early, etc. Keeps getting more crowded and less cool each year so they say.

We've done Drift and Bikini. Now I'd like to suggest a little place I checked out a couple times called Tiki Tattoo (8310 E Main St, Mesa). It is a two-story tattoo and body peircing joint with rows of cool tiki poles along the porch entrance. Inside are masks, sculpture, and other decor, and some traditional Polynesian and nude hula girl designs if you are so inclined. I don't have any ink, but love the place anyway.

http://www.papaspalapas.com/about.html
http://www.dowahdiddy.com/tiki.html
Kon Tiki Restaurant
4625 E Broadway Blvd
TUCSON, AZ 85711 - 3527
(520) 323-7193

View Profile of Blue Scorpion Send a personal message to Blue Scorpion  Goto the website of Blue Scorpion     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Mo Fo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-04-21 01:34 am   Permalink

Great news.... I spent some time at the Kon Tiki today.... Of course I almost had an accident doing so.. I drove by as they were taking down the sign and I thought that they were closing their doors, lucky for all of us I was wrong. After 41 years they are re-doing the pole and frame around the sign... They are giving it a Bamboo look. I spent almost an hour talking to the new gm and he claims that they are bringing the old place back to what I remember it as when I was just a small buck... He even tracked down the carver for the tiki poles and will be bring him out to do some repairs to the poles after all of these years. He also has some great new shirts which have been added to my collection... He also told me that they were trying to do some mugs so I told him to give Holden at Tiki Farm a call, I had seen the mug style last time and I think that the farm would do much better. But I guess the big news is that I told him that the group was coming down to see him and the bar. So, please give him a call. I see the phone # has already been posted. His name is Louie. I think that if we give enough notice he would make it a great event for all.

As for VLV7, I thought it was ok. I had gone so my friends could get married in my truck. That did not happen and I was not really able to spend much time with them as well. I ended up with alot of time on my own, but met some great people, both there for the event and not. Of course that meant parting till 4am Fri, and starting Sat at 1pm and getting back to my room at 6am, what a day. The car show was pretty cool, but not as much as last year. I am a car buff so that is what I look forward to the most. I did see that TLC was there and I believe that they ended up shooting for Rides. I will be checking for that. I would be the guy in a blue shirt and straw hat on...

I will be trying to make it by the Drift later this week, but I am also working Country Thunder, this weekend so that plan may change.

Please keep me in mind for the Kon Tiki event. I may even post more of what I found out today as well.

Tiki Mo Fo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-04-21 01:48 am   Permalink

Swillypuddy,

I heard that there is a new Tiki bar in Havascrew. Seeing that you are in Parker you may know about it. I heard that it is in the Nautical and it is only open seasonally. I just sold a condo there this week, but I maybe coming up in the next few months to look at where my new place is going up at... So, if the rumor is true let us do something about it.

tikijackalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-26 7:03 pm   Permalink

Hey, I'm I'm in Tucson this week. Anyone wanna talk about meeting at Kon-Tiki? Email me; address is in my profile.

View Profile of tikijackalope Send a personal message to tikijackalope  Email tikijackalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Mo Fo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-04-27 1:37 pm   Permalink

tikijackalope,

Well, I am back in LA, but please stop by anyway for a Maui Dawn and some steak on a stick for me. If you can ask for Louie and let him know that you are from the Central.... I do not think that he realizes what fans of Tiki are out there.

Dribbles

Posted: 2004-05-11 11:00 am   Permalink

Anyone know the company name of the people selling Tiki Bars at VLV7 or what their web site address is?

View Profile of Dribbles Send a personal message to Dribbles      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-12 08:25 am   Permalink

OK - I just got word that I will be in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area from May 24-May 27. Anybody want to get together for a drink? I was thinking of checking out The Drift.

At Tiki Oasis, Cousin Dave mentioned there's also another tiki bar somewhere in town but the name escapes me.

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
vwtikigirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-12 09:04 am   Permalink

PolynesianPop,

First off, it was cool meeting you at TikiOasis, brief as it was. The other bar in Phoenix is Bikini Lounge, but I would recommend the Drift, especially since you'll be here on a weekday. I'm definitely up for meeting up while you're here. Keep us posted on which day you'd like to get together.

View Profile of vwtikigirl Send a personal message to vwtikigirl      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swamp Fire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-12 11:15 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-05-12 08:25, PolynesianPop wrote:
OK - I just got word that I will be in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area from May 24-May 27. Anybody want to get together for a drink? I was thinking of checking out The Drift.

Poly-pop, Sounds great! Count me in. Drift is 10 Min. from my oasis.

[ This Message was edited by: Swamp Fire on 2004-05-12 11:17 ]

View Profile of Swamp Fire Send a personal message to Swamp Fire  Email Swamp Fire Goto the website of Swamp Fire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cousin Dave
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-05-12 2:20 pm   Permalink

Hey Poly-pop,

I remember you mentioning that you might be coming our way, glad to hear that it's a definite and coming up so soon. Is your family coming also? No worries--just as any dedicated tikiphile would do during his travels, we shall make plans to hit both the Drift and the Bikini Lounge(just for starters!) Send me a PM with your contact info. and I will do likewise. Look forward to giving you a glimpse of our little paradise and having more time to visit. The "tiki-shotman" will be armed and ready for your arrival. Peace~~Cousin Dave

View Profile of Cousin Dave Send a personal message to Cousin Dave  Email Cousin Dave     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation