FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Shag's Enchanted Tiki Room Part Deux - January 24th
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Shag's Enchanted Tiki Room Part Deux - January 24th
Larry Lava
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-01-15 9:07 pm   Permalink

OK is anyone going to this and want to meet up while waiting for Disneyland to open its doors? We are embarressed to say that we are sucked in again but we just cannot stay away. We love Tiki, Disneyland, and Shag.

View Profile of Larry Lava Send a personal message to Larry Lava      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-15 9:35 pm   Permalink

...and, I might ad, Shag's work again is excellent. I especially dig that green Aloha shirt! The circumstances might be adverse, but his designs are above and beyond.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
spy-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-16 1:59 pm   Permalink

I've seen the Tangoroa print on the disney sit, but are there photos of the other stuff anywhere?

View Profile of spy-tiki Send a personal message to spy-tiki  Email spy-tiki Goto the website of spy-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
spy-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-16 5:10 pm   Permalink

Answered my own question. Some more stuff is on the Shag site. I like the shirt more than the original one.

http://www.shag.com/tikiroom2.html

View Profile of spy-tiki Send a personal message to spy-tiki  Email spy-tiki Goto the website of spy-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Larry Lava
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-01-16 8:40 pm   Permalink

I think the shirt is better too. This print was my favorite out of the original four so it makes me happy that it is the one they chose to do.

View Profile of Larry Lava Send a personal message to Larry Lava      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
spy-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-17 6:26 pm   Permalink

The new t-shirt is better too. Do you think they'll do this every several months until all the shag stuff is used up? I'd like a large version of the bird print myself.

Plus, all this attention may help save the Tiki Room. I've heard they were thinking of giving it the axe.

BaronV
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-01-17 9:07 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: BaronV 2005-07-19 17:01 ]

View Profile of BaronV Send a personal message to BaronV  Email BaronV     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
spy-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-18 1:23 pm   Permalink

With a bazillion people in line waiting to buy goodies it might be a good time to circulate a petition.

Atomobile
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-18 2:39 pm   Permalink

Not only a petition to save the Tiki Room, but how about a petition to RESTORE the Tiki Room. Sometime in the 90's, they restored the soundtrack. A few months later, they edited the soundtrack. It would be nice if they did a new (and better) mix of the soundtrack and restore it to it's original lenght. That last mix was only a slight improvement over the original, but a very unbalanced mix. Give us back the fountain music number with an improved fountain. And restore the building, and effects back to their original glory. We could even get the Barker Bird back! And how about a Tiki shop? All of this should be a no-brainer. If they wanted to take an extra step...How about a Tiki Christmas show? As long as the music matches the original exotic sound with the primitive chants. The WDW Tiki Room show is TERRIBLE. I hope we get to keep the original. It would have been a better idea to keep the original show during the evenings and have the new one during the day. Oh well. I miss the Tahitian Terrace!!!
I don't know how to go about a petition, but if you need help writting a proposal, contact me. That's about as much as I can do. Your friend,
Louis

Louisg@hotmail.com

View Profile of Atomobile Send a personal message to Atomobile      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hot Lava
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-18 6:58 pm   Permalink

If anyone could help me out (Larry & Mrs. Lava perhaps?) by picking up an Aloha shirt I'd appreciate it -- I just can't justify flying out to California again, although I really enjoyed meeting everyone the last time around.

I'll can PayPal you the money up front so you don't have to float the costs. Shoot me an email at the address listed in my profile and we can work out the details.

View Profile of Hot Lava Send a personal message to Hot Lava  Email Hot Lava     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTina

Posted: 2004-01-22 10:09 pm   Permalink

Yeah, a petition to restore the Tiki Room! Restore, NOT re-do. If the guests speak, they will answer.

View Profile of TikiTina Send a personal message to TikiTina  Email TikiTina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
spy-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-23 4:29 pm   Permalink

Just curious, who's gonna be there?
Me for one.

Mano Tiki Tia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-23 6:00 pm   Permalink

What time is everyone going?

View Profile of Mano Tiki Tia Send a personal message to Mano Tiki Tia  Email Mano Tiki Tia     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiDude
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2004-01-23 6:11 pm   Permalink

I'm going to be there around 6am.

View Profile of TikiDude Send a personal message to TikiDude  Email TikiDude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BaronV
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-01-24 3:27 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: BaronV 2005-07-19 16:56 ]

View Profile of BaronV Send a personal message to BaronV  Email BaronV     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation