FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Shag All About the Tiki Mugs
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Shag All About the Tiki Mugs
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-22 12:10 am   Permalink

Hi,
We're selling off the last few remaining Shag items online at 6pm pst Wed., Jan. 28th. Due to the overwhelming mixed reviews from many on TC regarding Shag and the libel he's received here and due to the fact that he's my friend, this will be my last update to TC regarding Shag upcoming sales - it's my perrogative just as it is yours to post what you feel. For those of you who admire his work and appreciate his talent and our hard work, so much mahalo for your support... from a little ku in a big ku world.
Your amigo,
Holden

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BaronV
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-01-22 12:49 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: BaronV 2005-07-19 17:01 ]

View Profile of BaronV Send a personal message to BaronV  Email BaronV     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-22 01:25 am   Permalink

Hey Holden,
Can you keep me posted as to Tiki Farm / Shag stuff?

I'm quite happy with my purchases from the IATT Night.

TG
http://www.exotic-tiki-gardens.com

View Profile of TikiGardener Send a personal message to TikiGardener  Goto the website of TikiGardener     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McDougall
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-22 05:01 am   Permalink

That really stinks. But I can certianely see where you are coming from. It's ok though I check your and SHAG's site's both daily anyway, I'll keep the updates coming.

View Profile of McDougall Send a personal message to McDougall  Email McDougall Goto the website of McDougall     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rustbeltcat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-22 06:51 am   Permalink

That rots, To heck with the naysayers, I love Shags artwork, and can barley afford to collect it. PLEASE continue to post alerts concerning his artwork.
Thanks Jay

View Profile of rustbeltcat Send a personal message to rustbeltcat  Email rustbeltcat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Turbogod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-22 07:11 am   Permalink

Thanks for the updates. I appreciate the information as it seems, others do as well. It seems that there has been a lot less Aloha spirit going around here lately.

[ This Message was edited by: Turbogod on 2004-01-22 07:13 ]

View Profile of Turbogod Send a personal message to Turbogod      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SallyandJay
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-22 07:35 am   Permalink

Thanks for the update Holden!! Hopefully we will be lucky enough to buy a mug!

View Profile of SallyandJay Send a personal message to SallyandJay  Email SallyandJay     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bamboo Bob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-22 09:37 am   Permalink

Thanks for the notice Holden. I will try to pick one or two items up. Personally, I feel it is unfortunate that a few can ruin a good thing for everyone. I've always enjoyed both Josh & your own work and I will continue to purchase both. I understand where you are coming from & respect your decision....but it is a bummer. Thanks again for your continued hard work.

View Profile of Bamboo Bob Send a personal message to Bamboo Bob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Alnshely
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-22 10:02 am   Permalink

Yeah it is a bummer. I don't know what to say.
Mahalo,
Al

View Profile of Alnshely Send a personal message to Alnshely  Email Alnshely     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikimug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-22 11:05 am   Permalink

I don't know about anyone else, but the way I use these forums is to READ the TOPIC and then if I find it interesting I CLICK on it and then READ the post. If I find it UNinteresting to me then I DON'T click on it and move to the next topic.

Holden, please keep us informed in your Friends of the Farm emails. Aloha and Mahalo!

View Profile of tikimug Send a personal message to tikimug  Email tikimug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-22 11:21 am   Permalink

Hi,
Thanks for the emails and good words you guys, I really appreciate it! You can always get the Shag info from our opt-in email list, which you can subscribe into on our homepage at
http://www.tikifarm.com/html/index.asp or you can access it by going to our main/splash page at www.tikifarm.com and then click on "enter tiki farm".
Mahalo!

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-22 11:22 am   Permalink

smogbreather,
Always have enjoyed your posts and you shouldn't have to feel any deterrence here.
Hell, look at me.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikitronic
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-01-22 11:44 am   Permalink

This is painfully absurd.

I can see why Holden (and Shag) would opt out of here with the way people act sometimes, but how dumb is it that it would come to this?

It's like being back in high school and having your 'intentionally uncool' friends declare that something is suddenly crap, just because it got that horrible sheen of mainstream success.

I mean - oh the horror! Someone found a way to make Tiki appeal to the masses! They're even making money off of it!
Can't people be happy for them?

Tiki Farm and Shag are significant factors in tiki culture being something that is alive today, not just something we hoard from the past.

This is just depressing.

[ This Message was edited by: Tikitronic on 2004-01-22 12:07 ]

View Profile of Tikitronic Send a personal message to Tikitronic  Goto the website of Tikitronic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-22 12:16 pm   Permalink

It does suck.

I mean Holden is a salesman, and Shag is an artist. And in the terms of Shag and Von Franco, and The Pizz, it is art , not just a pack of chiki tiki ( the company not the person ) mugs.

I do think that Holden should still post here, and those who don't like his offerings, well, they've made their point.

Its just getting ridiculous. Can I be in the incredibly cool tiki-phile cabal that determines whats cool, and what isn't?
TG

View Profile of TikiGardener Send a personal message to TikiGardener  Goto the website of TikiGardener     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Feelin' Zombified
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-22 1:11 pm   Permalink

I, for one, would still love to see TikiFarm & Shag postings here. Though I may not be able to afford anything at the moment, I still enjoy seeing what's new.

-Z

Thank God The Tiki Bar Is Open
Thank God The Tiki Torch Still Shines...

View Profile of Feelin' Zombified Send a personal message to Feelin' Zombified  Email Feelin' Zombified     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation