FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Shag All About the Tiki Mugs
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Shag All About the Tiki Mugs
hanford_lemoore
Proprietor

Posted: 2004-01-22 1:51 pm   Permalink

Hi Holden,

Thanks for posting your decision, it's been cool to get the inside scoop here. But it seems like all this will do is make the people here who do not like Shag happy, and bum out all the people here who do like Shag. That seems to be completely opposite of any desired effect.

~Hanford

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Andrew
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-01-22 3:30 pm   Permalink

I won't miss the news much as I get the e-mails, but it's always been cool when production shots were shown here first. It was often a glimpse into the creation of the items as well as an early preview. Hopefully you'll change your mind!

It's sad that one of the premiere modern Tiki item producers no longer wants to go to Tiki Central.
A

View Profile of Andrew Send a personal message to Andrew      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
vwtikigirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-22 3:34 pm   Permalink

Holden,

I do really hope you change your mind. As you can see from this thread there are alot of supporters for Shag's work. I am on your email distribution list, but check TC more than I check my email. I think it's great that Shag has found mainstream success, the more items he creates the more choices I have. I don't always have the money when a new item comes out, so I love knowing that I'll have another chance.

BTW ... I received a shipment from you last week and really enjoy the items. They have found a happy home in my tiki display.

View Profile of vwtikigirl Send a personal message to vwtikigirl      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
emspace
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-22 6:02 pm   Permalink

I was pleased as hell to have won an eBay auction for a Shag Enchanted Tiki Room neck pendant doohickey just this week! Shag is doing what I would much rather be doing than any job I have ever had. Shag is cool. Shag is A-okay with me.

aloha, em.

View Profile of emspace Send a personal message to emspace      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-22 8:21 pm   Permalink

ah what the heck - okay, I'll keep posting Shag info. I never intended to stop doing Tiki Farm posts, those will always continue (and not an onslaught/spam style, just to give heads up). Friends and family are first, business is second. Having said that... may I present you all first officially with the long anticipated release of the illustrious Kevin Kidney's Miehana...

Kevin did this piece out of a pure passion for Tiki. Having founded the "Save the Tiki Room" coalition & also having been one of the original tiki curators... well, we're stoked to have this mug as a pinnacle piece in our line-up. The mug's featured with an exotic recipe in Beachbum Berry's most recent publication "Intoxica".

Be the first to pre-book. Call us toll-free at (800) 357-3360. Item Nr. BA704; price $11.95

Mahalo all!
Holden

[ This Message was edited by: smogbreather on 2004-01-22 20:28 ]

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Feelin' Zombified
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-22 8:24 pm   Permalink

Let me be the first to say that that's pretty damn sweet. and in my post-Xmas price range too!

-Z

Glad to have you back

Thank God The Tiki Bar Is Open
Thank God The Tiki Torch Still Shines...

View Profile of Feelin' Zombified Send a personal message to Feelin' Zombified  Email Feelin' Zombified     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
emspace
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-22 9:02 pm   Permalink

Damn, that is...damn! That's just right up my alley. You'll get a call from me soon Holden. The inside glaze, the shape of the top...I am speechless.

em.

View Profile of emspace Send a personal message to emspace      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-22 9:03 pm   Permalink

Great item!!!

I for one am very pleased that you will still post updates!

Now I know I'm bound by the Grand Member Oath, but I would like to say that a little quip by a comedic magician I heard once sorta sums up how I feel about the Shag Bashers.

Just ask yourself everytime you go on some denegrating rant, if Holden comes down to where you work and slaps the d*&k out of your mouth?

I loved that phrase ever since I heard the magician use it when the guy in the audience revealed how a trick was done.

Maybe the equitable thing to do is The Shag Bashers can set up a thread where they grunt and groan about how much they hate Shag for being successful. And they keep their Mewlings in that thread, and out of Holdens updates on product?

And if you think it's overly P.C., its not about PC. It is about civility.

And please don't get on my back because of the anology I used. It is just that, and analogy to try and make ya think about why it's crappy to crap on Holden.

TG

edited for typo

[ This Message was edited by: TikiGardener on 2004-01-22 22:33 ]

View Profile of TikiGardener Send a personal message to TikiGardener  Goto the website of TikiGardener     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-01-22 9:17 pm   Permalink

Sweet Mug!

View Profile of #54 Send a personal message to #54      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-22 9:19 pm   Permalink

I LIKES!

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikitronic
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-01-22 9:43 pm   Permalink

That is a thing of beauty!

Forgive my ignorance, but what does Miehana mean/refer to?

View Profile of Tikitronic Send a personal message to Tikitronic  Goto the website of Tikitronic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-22 10:10 pm   Permalink

Now that's more like it! Let's not ever go there again. I'd like to see Tiki Central remain an open forum for all tiki related material. I still get your friends of the farm E-mail, but occasionally I get lazy and miss stuff I pick up on later here. Keep up the good work Holden.

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-22 10:25 pm   Permalink

hey, its about time kevin has his mug out. nice work kevin(though i dont think you are a tc member) look forward to picking one of these up.
holden, is this a limited production run?

View Profile of OceaOtica Send a personal message to OceaOtica  Email OceaOtica Goto the website of OceaOtica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-23 2:02 pm   Permalink

Tikitronic -- try saying Miehana backwards.

Holden, I'm very glad you've decided to continue posting notices when you have new Shag pieces. Hopefully the "Shag Sucks" nattering nabobs will realize their horse is dead already and just let the many, many people who love his work live in peace.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Turbogod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-23 2:14 pm   Permalink

Miehana, Miewana, Miegotta! Thanks Holden. Looking to gettin' da Big Puka's mug when it is released!

View Profile of Turbogod Send a personal message to Turbogod      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation