FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars What's the name of your home tiki bar or tiki space?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
What's the name of your home tiki bar or tiki space?
Tonga King
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-05-22 10:56 am   Permalink

I have the name ... but no lounge yet..
This has been a total work in progress for a long time now. Because of this years rains it's back to the drawing board.
I am calling it the TONGA TERRACE!!!

View Profile of Tonga King Send a personal message to Tonga King  Email Tonga King     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-04 09:54 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Chip and Andy 2009-06-05 16:07 ]

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-04 11:09 am   Permalink

"The Granite Tiki Lounge" is the name I've chosen for my two tiki bars (indoor and outdoor) named after my home state of course, and pictures will be coming soon!
PS. If anyone knows where I can buy a Granite Tiki, any info would be appreciated.

View Profile of The Granite Tiki Send a personal message to The Granite Tiki  Email The Granite Tiki Goto the website of The Granite Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-04 12:43 pm   Permalink

"Spermy's Blowhole" when it's done!! Still working on it!!!

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Balls
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-07-04 2:19 pm   Permalink

Mrs. RB & I have finally settled on "The Aloha Deck" for our outside bar area. We have a small backyard that we completely decked over, and set up shop there in the summer.

View Profile of Rum Balls Send a personal message to Rum Balls      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-04 4:12 pm   Permalink

The Lagoon Lounge:

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=8863&forum=7

http://www.thehukilau.com/TCimages/139-4000_IMG.JPG

http://www.thehukilau.com/TCimages/140-4002_IMG.JPG

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=5711&forum=7&vpost=53466

Always in flux, The Lagoon Lounge is currently sporting some terrific new pieces by Basement Kahuna and others.
I'm waiting to get my TIki Tony Tiki in before taking more shots. There are a LOT more plants. More bamboo. An active volcano and rum distillery.

Well.
Not the last two.

But it's still cool.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-06 10:54 pm   Permalink

Hutikihi.

I've been working down in the basement and wrote "Git 'er done" on the lighted menu board (like it would actually inspire me). I changed it when the 4th of July came around:

View Profile of Exoticat Send a personal message to Exoticat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikilicious
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-09 6:09 pm   Permalink

Recently, Steve and I looked up "monkey" on a hawaiian-english online dictionary, (Mo'o and Lolo's Cyber Hawaiian Dictionary) and it said the translation for "monkey" is "Keko". So since we collect and love monkeys, and his nickname for me is "monkey", we have affectionately dubbed our tiki room "Keko Cove".

Now we just have to figure out how to pronounce Keko correctly. I say "Keh-Koe". He says "Kay-Koe". Anyone know? lol!

Steve & Lenore
(Proud parents of The Keko Cove! Even if they cant pronounce it yet!)

View Profile of Tikilicious Send a personal message to Tikilicious  Email Tikilicious Goto the website of Tikilicious     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
I dream of tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-09 6:37 pm   Permalink

"The Little Grass Shack." Appropriate since my home is a wee one room studio.

View Profile of I dream of tiki Send a personal message to I dream of tiki  Email I dream of tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-09 7:50 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-07-06 22:54, Exoticat wrote:
Hutikihi.

I've been working down in the basement and wrote "Git 'er done" on the lighted menu board (like it would actually inspire me). I changed it when the 4th of July came around:

That's just beautiful. Now I know why I started by basement tiki bar project. You're my hero!

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-11 5:32 pm   Permalink

Oh, thank you so much! It all starts with a dream...then be
prepared to lose hours and hours and hours of your life...
(but it's well worth it!)

View Profile of Exoticat Send a personal message to Exoticat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikipedia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-13 7:18 pm   Permalink

Way back as a Marine brat in Okinawa in the 1970s, there used to be a couple of places that inspired me for naming my Tiki space.

On Fort Buckner (later Camp Butler), there was a restaurant called 'The Outrigger'. The place was run by AAFES (Army and Air Force Exchange Service), and used to sell burgers, grilled items, etc. Anybody else who was a military brat will probably never forget the taste of AAFES chocolate milk. Anyway, I digress.

The decor was strictly 1960's (AAFES) cafeteria style, with a metal artwork that looked vaguely like an outrigger. IIRC, the colors were that 70s burnt orange and yellow/gold color... and probably some avocado green thrown in as well.

The other place was called 'The Lantern'. It was a snack bar and arcade on the north side of Camp Butler. The arcade was not a video arcade (this was early to mid 70s), but an assortment of non-video arcade games, like pinball, electronic bowling games, and the like.

Like the great Tiki places of the past, the Outrigger and the Lantern are long gone and forgotten. When I left the island for the last time in the early 80s, they were replacing the Outrigger with a Burger King, or some such thing. The Lantern was long gone by that time.

So, in honor of these places, I named my Tiki space 'The Outrigger'. 'Lantern' doesn't really fit in with Tiki decor, but I've dedicated my lava lamp to the joint.

Sorry to drone on for so long. This got me on a nolstaga trip... but anybody who lived/was stationed on Okinawa at the time may remember these places.

View Profile of tikipedia Send a personal message to tikipedia  Goto the website of tikipedia     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-31 7:45 pm   Permalink

My bar is named The Lava-Flow-Inn. The only pics are on myspace.com under my name.

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTikiBoom
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-01 2:07 pm   Permalink

Our tiki space is pretty much the entire backyard. We have affectionately named the whole space the Big Woo Bar 'n Grill.

Soon the Woo will welcome one and all! Soooooon!

Tonight, we will have a big feast. And then, at the end of the feast, we will climb to the top of the Big Woo, and you will jump in. Okay?

View Profile of TikiTikiBoom Send a personal message to TikiTikiBoom  Email TikiTikiBoom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mahalomo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-08-01 2:21 pm   Permalink

Just bought a new homestead and have started on a tiki bar extending off our built-in outdoor kitchen in our pool area. It's going to take a while.
It has affectionately been dubbed "The Imbibatorium"

View Profile of mahalomo Send a personal message to mahalomo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation