FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars What's the name of your home tiki bar or tiki space?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
What's the name of your home tiki bar or tiki space?
8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-04 6:56 pm   Permalink

Quote:

"The Imbibatorium"

I'll drink to that!

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiJosh
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-04 9:19 pm   Permalink

Currently, The Lahaina Lounge. I really liked the feel of the entire island of Maui while we were honeymooning there, and the name just sort of stuck.
My wife and I are talking about a bit of a change though, probably something a little more fiery sounding since I like using Volcano Bowls and flaming 151 whenever I can. We're thinking right now about something like Pele's Oasis or possibly Kalua-Pele (the pit of Pele) in homage to traditional hawaiian mythology.

View Profile of TikiJosh Send a personal message to TikiJosh      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MrBaliHai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-05 05:55 am   Permalink

Balis' Hai'deaway.

Weblog: Eye of the Goof

View Profile of MrBaliHai Send a personal message to MrBaliHai  Goto the website of MrBaliHai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-05 06:35 am   Permalink

The Leeward Lounge

The Name was generously donated by one Mr. Pablus.

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-05 09:49 am   Permalink

Official name is "Mata Rani Lounge"......according to Thor in Kon Tiki...Mata Rani is Rapa Nui
for "The Eye of Heaven"...I think.....unofficial name of course is the Congatiki Lounge.....

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
StuTikiUK
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-02-05 3:34 pm   Permalink

'The Lani Lounge' is one of the name's on the shortlist at the moment, although seeing as it's mostly confined to the corner of a room perhaps it should be 'The Nani Nook'?

View Profile of StuTikiUK Send a personal message to StuTikiUK  Goto the website of StuTikiUK     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-05 3:47 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-01-23 13:05, Kentiki wrote:

The pool is called The Pool of Love

The pond is called The Pond of Mystery.

Carl Spackler: This place got a pool?

Ty Webb: Pool and a pond... Pond be good for you.

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PragueTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-02-11 11:50 am   Permalink

Big Jase's Tiki Bar
17th floor : Penthouse, Antonio Blding (Next to ALL-Prints)
Abu Dhabi, U.A.E. 2002-2003

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c206/pamysh/backwallsseating.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c206/pamysh/barfridgecorner.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c206/pamysh/karaokecorner.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c206/pamysh/fountainbelowtikicloseup.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c206/pamysh/dartcornerwtctribute.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c206/pamysh/SeatsandTiki.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c206/pamysh/tikicloseup.jpg

View Profile of PragueTiki Send a personal message to PragueTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-03-18 10:35 am   Permalink

Many of us have gone to great lengths to name our home Bars I know I did. I knew I wanted to name my bar even before we began to build it. My reason was to "Set a Mood" "Keep in Theme" My Home Bar Name? "The Kapu Cave" (Thanks Trader Tom)

"THE KAPU CAVE"

[ This Message was edited by: Hiphipahula 2008-03-18 10:36 ]

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
reedalong
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-03-18 10:46 am   Permalink

Ours is the "Luau Cave" (you know, like how at the Polynesian Resort they call the showplace the "Luau Cove," well this is in our basement so it's the Luau Cave).

- strictly on the kini popo -

View Profile of reedalong Send a personal message to reedalong      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-18 12:17 pm   Permalink

Since we live in Oakland, we named ours in honor of Mr. Bergeron...

Hinky Drinks!

Just like Hinky Dinks, it started it's life as not much more than a little wooden shed. When we put in the "serving window", we made the outside facade look similar to the glass brick windows of Hinky Dinks.

[ This Message was edited by: Haole'akamai 2008-03-18 13:13 ]

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr. Zarkov
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-18 1:04 pm   Permalink

Dr. Zarkov's Tiki Lounge (see pictures on Flickr at the link I included in the thread posted earlier or go here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/drzarkov/).

I was given the Dr. Zarkov nickname by friends at the University of Maryland because I wore glasses, smoked a pipe and read a lot. The original Dr. Zarkov was Flash Gordon's sidekick. We all used to regularly attend a film series on campus that included the old Buster Crabbe Flash Gordon serials.

I later used the Dr. Zarkov moniker as my on-air name for broadcasts on Radio Free Burning Man and later on the official radio station of the Edinburgh Fringe Festival, where I hosted Tiki Lounge shows.

I think the name also fits well with the mixture of retro sci fi and Tiki in my home rec room.

View Profile of Dr. Zarkov Send a personal message to Dr. Zarkov      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hala bullhiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-18 6:03 pm   Permalink

my favorite place on earth is hala kahiki, my last name is buldak, thus hala bullhiki

View Profile of hala bullhiki Send a personal message to hala bullhiki  Email hala bullhiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-18 6:58 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-03-18 18:03, hala bullhiki wrote:
my favorite place on earth is hala kahiki, my last name is buldak, thus hala bullhiki

I always wondered about that name. Thanks for explaining.

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tornhalo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-18 7:34 pm   Permalink

Aren't tiki bars always under construction? Mine is in the basement, so I named it "The Forbidden Grotto".. Off to one side in the next room is what I like to call "The Laundry Room" and the other two rooms are called "The TV Room" and "The Garage"... All of which currently resemble a "Train Wreck".

I freakin' build counter tops for a living, and I still don't one on my bar.

View Profile of Tornhalo Send a personal message to Tornhalo  Goto the website of Tornhalo ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation