FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars What's the name of your home tiki bar or tiki space?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
What's the name of your home tiki bar or tiki space?
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-03-18 7:40 pm   Permalink

Thanks 8ft for changing the thread name it will be easier to find. I love all the great names people have come up with:)

see ya at "The Kapu Cave"

[ This Message was edited by: Hiphipahula 2008-03-18 23:39 ]

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZuluMagoo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-18 7:44 pm   Permalink

My basement is modeled after a salvaged shipwreck. It is called 'The Kona Luanii'

View Profile of ZuluMagoo Send a personal message to ZuluMagoo  Email ZuluMagoo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-03-19 07:44 am   Permalink

Wow, it's finally done...I remember when you started the thread for it's construction. Congratulations, it looks great !
Nice use of the great, but lesser known Alex Keack for the soundtrack in the video.

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-19 07:56 am   Permalink

Nicely done, Mike, gotta drop in sometime.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-19 08:14 am   Permalink

Our place is "The Haole Hut", named by Tikiwahine

View Profile of cheekytiki Send a personal message to cheekytiki  Email cheekytiki Goto the website of cheekytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-19 09:17 am   Permalink

My tiki space:

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-19 10:36 am   Permalink

Hale Nalu.

It is a mix of late 50's, early 60's surf culture, traditional South Pacific and hints of Polynesian Pop.

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pepe le Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-19 1:14 pm   Permalink

Our new bar is called the King Kamehameha Lounge. Gotta post some pics too!

View Profile of Pepe le Tiki Send a personal message to Pepe le Tiki  Goto the website of Pepe le Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiHula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-19 3:18 pm   Permalink

Holy Crap you guys have some sweet setups! Lake Surfer, I especially like your lighting and wall covering.

View Profile of TikiHula Send a personal message to TikiHula  Email TikiHula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-19 3:24 pm   Permalink

Currently under construction, our tiki bar lounge's name (at least for now) is Bambooze Lounge -- stealing the name from a Thor mug.

View Profile of arriano Send a personal message to arriano      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hala bullhiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-19 4:08 pm   Permalink

lake and zulu your rooms are amazing!

[ This Message was edited by: hala bullhiki 2008-03-19 16:09 ]

View Profile of hala bullhiki Send a personal message to hala bullhiki  Email hala bullhiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Brandomoai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-19 7:23 pm   Permalink

There are some really incredible rooms posted here. I'm don't have a basement yet, so I've set up a corner in the little upstairs loft of our condo that acts as our den. I haven't been working on it very long, but the lack of space limits what I can do (or what my wife will allow me to do). Hey, we all have to start somewhere, right? Here is... (after extensive research) Lani Huina, which apparently means "Heavenly Corner".

By the way, all the booze is tucked away in the bar (actually a bookshelf upholstered with beach mats and bamboo strips). It's a work in progress, like most of our home Tiki bars.

[ This Message was edited by: brandomoai 2008-03-27 19:57 ]

View Profile of Brandomoai Send a personal message to Brandomoai  Goto the website of Brandomoai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-21 4:45 pm   Permalink

Okay, still gathering "stuff" and material as the the bar is "in the works", so no pictures yet, but finally settled on the "Lilo Lounge" (Lilo meaning "Lost")

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabina
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-03-27 6:16 pm   Permalink

Well, all the way back on page one of this thread, OakTiki and my space, the "Lounge of the Seven Pleasures" was mentioned, but I guess I never got around to posting the explanation in this thread or any pictures.

The short version is that the Original "Lounge of the Seven Pleasures" was one of several rooms in New York's "Hawaii Kai". Here's a wonderful four frame postcard I stumbled into-

and specifically this frame (close up)-

The postcard describes the frame as the "Lounge of the Seven Pleasures, Featuring Authentic Native Entertainment".

Even though neither OakTiki nor I ever made it to the Hawaii Kai, we named our little space such to honour the memories of Tiki Treasures now gone, as a way of keeping those torches lit (which is why among other things our bar features a 'shelf of honour' filled with mugs from Kahiki- 'my' Tiki experience that led me here, and a small 'altar' of sorts with artifacts to the memory of the Kahiki.)

These days, our home space has sort of expanded to take over yet still more of the basement, so recently we've come to refer to it as 'The Lounge of the Seven Pleasures and Kapu Gardens' as there's now sort of an indoor 'garden' area under development as an entryway and transitional space to the Lounge proper. In winter, the shadowy gardens filled with plenty of fake flowers are a wonderful antidote to external gray gloom.

Unfortunately, I don't have many recent pictures of the Lot7P, but these capture the mood of it;

The entrance the Lounge from the Kapu Gardens-

An ancient picture of OakTiki behind an early version of the bar from the first ever "Night of the Seven Pleasures". (The bar itself, the Rum collection and the mixology have all improved greatly since then!)

Your Mai Tai awaits!

The Lounge has a permanent gallery on my sevenpleasures.org site-
http://www.sevenpleasures.org/gallery/MD-LOTSP and a folder of pictures from the lounge here- http://www.sevenpleasures.org/gallery/Pictures-of-the-Lounge-itself where from time to time I've posted pictures of recent developments. Clearly, I'm WAY overdue for an update.

The bar itself is vintage, 'imported' from EXOTIC New Jersey. There are also a wonderful old Hey-Wake sofa and loveseat with end tables that round out the seating area. The Lounge is part of a walk out basement with a small kitchen area and full bath nearby. All of which makes indoor Lounge /outdoor Tiki torch lit gatherings possible during the warmer months.

It still needs a ton of work, but it's our little piece of bamboo basement paradise.

[ This Message was edited by: Sabina 2008-03-27 18:17 ]

View Profile of Sabina Send a personal message to Sabina  Goto the website of Sabina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-27 6:41 pm   Permalink

Sabina, you have always been a great contributor to this website. Nice to see you posting again, your bar and the name fit just perfectly.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation