FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars What's the name of your home tiki bar or tiki space?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )
What's the name of your home tiki bar or tiki space?
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-23 12:48 pm   Permalink

In progress, here is the liquor corner in the "Hapa Haole Hideaway"

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-23 12:53 pm   Permalink

Traderpup's Spectacular East Indies Room

Dreamy...but I can't tell you how curious I am to see what you did with "the door"?

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Royale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-23 1:01 pm   Permalink

Quote:

What about Kobra Kai? Kobra Kai Mai Tai shows no Mercy, sensei!

Nice. I always love a good "Karate Kid" reference.

View Profile of Tiki Royale Send a personal message to Tiki Royale  Email Tiki Royale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kentiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-01-23 1:05 pm   Permalink

Main area: Shipwreck Cove.

The pool is called The Pool of Love (after the Baxter song, or Denny(?)).

The pond is called The Pond of Mystery.

The Beach area: Mermaid Beach.

Ahhh forget one very important feature:

The Sundstrom/Monkey Jungle Rock of Supremity. Very thoughtfully "donated" to the Pond of Mystery on December 13, 2003.

[ This Message was edited by: Kentiki on 2004-01-23 13:55 ]

View Profile of Kentiki Send a personal message to Kentiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Iolani
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-01-23 1:19 pm   Permalink

Swanky: I see you have a computer room / tiki bar thing going, too. Very swank, indeed! I'm digging your green box and your room's name.

View Profile of Iolani Send a personal message to Iolani      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BambooLodge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-23 1:22 pm   Permalink

Our basement is known as the Bamboolodge, because we have done it up in a combo of Northwoods and Polynesian decor. The west end of the basement is where the bar is located so that's where most of the tikis and Hawaiiana stuff is, but as time goes on it's starting to spill into the Northwoods area. We are planning on taking some digitals and posting them soon.
TTFN,
Dave & Coalbe

View Profile of BambooLodge Send a personal message to BambooLodge      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-23 1:26 pm   Permalink

The Honolulu Lounge -- but mostly we just call it "the tiki room".

The only thing about having a space this big is it really peeves me when we get out the good silver and our guests don't show up...
Also, it's a bitch to vacum this mutha.

[ This Message was edited by: Kailuageoff on 2004-01-23 14:06 ]

View Profile of Kailuageoff Send a personal message to Kailuageoff  Email Kailuageoff     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kctiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-23 1:36 pm   Permalink

"The Mango Pit" - basement makeover in progress.

View Profile of kctiki Send a personal message to kctiki  Email kctiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-23 1:40 pm   Permalink

Iolani: Yeah I debated about putting the computer in another room, but this is the room I want to get more use out of. Rather than stuff it in some corner and be miserable at the computer, I decided to incorporate it into the tiki bar. I am surrounding it with plants so that it is pretty covered.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traderpup
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-23 1:52 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-01-23 12:53, DawnTiki wrote:
Dreamy...but I can't tell you how curious I am to see what you did with "the door"?

Right now the door is covered with a sheet of mahogany veneer... I've been holding out for something good to do with it.... don't know yet, but you can't rush these things!

View Profile of Traderpup Send a personal message to Traderpup  Email Traderpup Goto the website of Traderpup     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-23 2:07 pm   Permalink

old photos of the jungle lounge, forget we had taken these a while back for a linguistics project for k cultural linguistics masters class. far from complete, want to add plants, masks,tiki poles and a lot of hanging vines.
will update on the the tiki bar in the future, have no photos of it yet
p.s. upon some thought, i think i will name the lounge The Kitsch Jungle

[ This Message was edited by: tikitanked on 2004-01-23 17:48 ]

View Profile of OceaOtica Send a personal message to OceaOtica  Email OceaOtica Goto the website of OceaOtica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rorysm
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-23 2:09 pm   Permalink

I forget exactly, It's something like the Lanai Library. It's in the works, I could be misspelling it, it's a hawaiin word that seemed to fit our new library room.

I let the wife pick the name, I was too busy building bookshelves.

Oh well

View Profile of Rorysm Send a personal message to Rorysm  Goto the website of Rorysm     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-23 2:38 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-01-23 13:26, Kailuageoff wrote:
The Honolulu Lounge -- but mostly we just call it "the tiki room".

The only thing about having a space this big is it really peeves me when we get out the good silver and our guests don't show up...
Also, it's a bitch to vacum this mutha.

[ This Message was edited by: Kailuageoff on 2004-01-23 14:06 ]

Nice Geoff...I'd say you damn near nailed Trader Frank's!

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-23 8:38 pm   Permalink

We just named it, even though it's not built yet(is this sacreligious?)

The Huki Lounge!

How cheesy can you get?!

Great Minds Drink Alike

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrtikibar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-23 8:51 pm   Permalink

Our bar is still just the Tiki Room. I was thinking "The Spider Hole" but Kitty wisely vetoed that one. We must officially name it in time for the NW Tiki Crawl in June.

View Profile of mrtikibar Send a personal message to mrtikibar  Email mrtikibar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation