FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars What's the name of your home tiki bar or tiki space?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )
What's the name of your home tiki bar or tiki space?
Howland
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-27 7:25 pm   Permalink

The Jungalero Room (or lounge). Named after the Les Baxter tune 'Jungalero'. Not necessarily my most fave exotica tune-but a damn fine one none-the-less and I just like the 'ring' of the name 'Jungalero Room'-(or lounge). It's still a work in progress but the meat of it is done--just need some carvings, clubs, gope boards, maybe-other art, etc. to go on the empty spots on the walls. Soon!

The Curse of Howland Island

View Profile of Howland Send a personal message to Howland  Email Howland     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Royale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-27 10:14 pm   Permalink

Dang Howland... That's a mighty fine spread ya' got there!
Love the bar! Can you tell us a little more about the tiki pole on the bar and the canoe carving?
For what it's worth, I think "The Jungalero Lounge" has a better ring to it. Really rolls of the tounge.
Aloha,

View Profile of Tiki Royale Send a personal message to Tiki Royale  Email Tiki Royale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Deckhand_Davy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-03-27 11:45 pm   Permalink

Holy Crapoly Howland!! That's some awe-inspiring work you've done there!! Love it love it! Any more pics?

View Profile of Deckhand_Davy Send a personal message to Deckhand_Davy  Goto the website of Deckhand_Davy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Howland
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-28 05:52 am   Permalink

Thanx, TR and DD. I should've attached a link to my thread in 'other crafts'. I have progress shots of the inside and outside. I did the carvings myself TikiRoyale and they're on my 'carving' thread which I haven't posted on in so long that it may be hard to find.

Here's the thread for 'The Jungalero Lounge' and my yard hut/outdoor bar/patio project (tentatively called 'The Hukilau Hut')
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=20343&forum=18&168

The Curse of Howland Island

View Profile of Howland Send a personal message to Howland  Email Howland     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_butt
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-03-29 12:08 pm   Permalink

What a fun idea! My hawaiiana/tiki room is not finished..but I will start dreaming of a name...any suggestions?

tanks and aloha ~tiki butt

View Profile of tiki_butt Send a personal message to tiki_butt  Email tiki_butt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
POCKETIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-29 12:17 pm   Permalink

WOW! That's it...WOW!!! Maybe...HOW? But mostly WOW!!!

Trader Jim - Make mine a MAI-TAI in The Jungalero Lounge!

View Profile of POCKETIKI Send a personal message to POCKETIKI  Email POCKETIKI Goto the website of POCKETIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
beadtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-13 12:22 am   Permalink

Don't have the Tiki Bar & Lounge finished yet, but we've named it The Ku Ku's Nest!

View Profile of beadtiki Send a personal message to beadtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2008-04-13 01:21 am   Permalink

At the Hakalugi household we're considering the following:

The Salty Spittoon
The Pakalolo Lounge
The Sunken Mess
The Garbage Grotto
and the very untiki; The Sh*tHole

So far it's a fiveway tie. Ideas please...

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Little fragrant Tiare
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-13 04:39 am   Permalink

WOW! what a awesome space you have! really cool! i would love to sip a Mai Tai there..

View Profile of Little fragrant Tiare Send a personal message to Little fragrant Tiare  Goto the website of Little fragrant Tiare     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-04-14 05:26 am   Permalink

Ours is the "Ohana be gonna lounge"
Nice to have you back sabina!

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamboo stu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-14 4:58 pm   Permalink

I was thinking about "La'iki Lanai" which seems to translate as "narrow patio". However the English to Hawaiian dictionary also listed "pakele mahunehune" which isn't as easy to say but means "narrow escape" which is so fitting.

View Profile of bamboo stu Send a personal message to bamboo stu  Goto the website of bamboo stu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiLaLe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-17 10:00 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-04-14 16:58, bamboo stu wrote:
I was thinking about "La'iki Lanai" which seems to translate as "narrow patio". However the English to Hawaiian dictionary also listed "pakele mahunehune" which isn't as easy to say but means "narrow escape" which is so fitting.

This turned out nice....
Good going !!

View Profile of TikiLaLe Send a personal message to TikiLaLe  Email TikiLaLe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Fallenstar
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-04-20 08:12 am   Permalink

My space is called the Freeki Tiki Bar. I just moved and my wife isn't too wild about redesigning/repurposing one of the rooms just yet. I did get a custom sign made for the bar. It is a Derek Yaniger original.

View Profile of Fallenstar Send a personal message to Fallenstar      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
shampoovta
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-04-20 1:19 pm   Permalink

View Profile of shampoovta Send a personal message to shampoovta  Goto the website of shampoovta     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-20 1:22 pm   Permalink

....once again, having moved, i am starting to build a new tiki bar....actually 2 bars.....the first one is on the enclosed backporch, to be called "TINY'S PYGMY HUT" .....I will be starting a separate thread shortly to view the progress.....

The other bar, which will be the main bar, is in the finished attic....it's called the "HEADHUNTER HIDEAWAY" and South Seas Lounge......

again...later this year i'll post a thread to view progress on that one as well.......

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation