FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Home Tiki Bars » » What's the name of your home tiki bar or tiki space?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
What's the name of your home tiki bar or tiki space?
420greg
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-04-21 11:34 am   Permalink

Here is the tiki bar on the side of my home in Orlando Florida.

The bar was supposed to be called "Mahoe Lama" which is Hawaiian for "Twin Torches" since
the bar has two torches installed on the awning. I ordered the sign on the Internet and the lady
got the words wrong and it actually says "Mahoe Lana" which loosely means "Twin Peaks" or "Twin Boobs".

I did not notice it at all. My wife noticed the error after I had already mounted the sign. It was so funny and made such a good story we decided to keep it. Here are a few pics.

There are more pictures here:
Mahoe Lana Tiki Bar

View Profile of 420greg Send a personal message to 420greg  Email 420greg Goto the website of 420greg     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMeplus3
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-04-21 2:50 pm   Permalink

I think the name of my tiki bar is going to be " kalinaKona Lounge ". That is my fathers name in hawaiian and he presently has lung cancer and is trying to fight that. What you guys think, sound good or no??

View Profile of TikiMeplus3 Send a personal message to TikiMeplus3  Email TikiMeplus3     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-21 3:14 pm   Permalink

My bar was always referred to as "The Tiki Bar" or "The Bar" or "Down the Back" or "The F#@king Bar"... pretty creative i know..

View Profile of Tiki Trav Send a personal message to Tiki Trav  Email Tiki Trav     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kahu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-21 3:14 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-04-21 14:50, TikiMeplus3 wrote:
I think the name of my tiki bar is going to be " kalinaKona Lounge ". That is my fathers name in hawaiian and he presently has lung cancer and is trying to fight that. What you guys think, sound good or no??

I think that is a great way to remember him, every time you have a drink it will be in his memory.

View Profile of Kahu Send a personal message to Kahu      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hauantedhouse5
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-04-22 07:28 am   Permalink

Hi Everyone
I'm new to TC (What a GREAT place!)
I've been working on my backyard Tiki Lounge Bar for about 6 weeks and I am almost finished. I really haven't thought of a name for it. Maybe you guys can help me think of one. Here are some pics to give you an idea of what it looks like. As you can see, my dog Barlow has already moved in.
Thanks!

View Profile of Hauantedhouse5 Send a personal message to Hauantedhouse5  Email Hauantedhouse5 Goto the website of Hauantedhouse5     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-04-22 08:52 am   Permalink

Seems like it should be called The Barlow Lounge.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2008-04-22 08:53 am   Permalink

P.S. Welcome to T.C.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-22 09:00 am   Permalink

Tiki BarLow?

View Profile of arriano Send a personal message to arriano      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hauantedhouse5
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-04-22 10:01 am   Permalink

I never thought to use my dogs name. Hmmmmmmm now I'm starting to get some ideas

View Profile of Hauantedhouse5 Send a personal message to Hauantedhouse5  Email Hauantedhouse5 Goto the website of Hauantedhouse5     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-22 11:09 am   Permalink

Tipsy, I hear ya. Working on Hapa Haole Hideaway 3 now. Here is a progress pic:

Tearing out the old closet and found lots of water and termite damage. If it weren't for siding, we'd have no wall! One day, this will be the Tapa Room, and no more cat door in the window...

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hauantedhouse5
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-04-22 11:52 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-04-22 08:53, GROG wrote:
P.S. Welcome to T.C.

Thanks for the Welcome!

tikigik

Posted: 2008-04-22 7:28 pm   Permalink

Well, I HAVE been leaning toward "The Friki Tiki Bar".
I just saw a name VERY close to that posted here so
I MAY be changing it, we'll see.
Other possibilities:
Kalika's ? (Chris' ?)
The Lala Lounge (tribute to Lala of Tiki Bar TV fame)
The Taco Tiki Hut (mentioned in the new B-52s
single, "Funplex", it's a made-up "food court eatery")
The Martin Den(ny) (tribute to... you'll figure it out)
others that I haven't thought about yet

[ This Message was edited by: tikigik 2008-04-22 19:29 ]

View Profile of tikigik Send a personal message to tikigik  Goto the website of tikigik ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kahiki Klub

Posted: 2008-05-02 12:11 pm   Permalink

The name of my tiki bar is The Kahiki Klub. I built it in 2001, last year I redid the bar in mahogany and this year I'm re-thatching the roof and replacing the "Klub" pool. Here are a couple of photos, and you can watch a live web cam of the renovation at http://www.kytrakennels.com/cam
Cheers

[ This Message was edited by: Kahiki Klub 2008-05-02 12:23 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Kahiki Klub 2008-05-02 12:24 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Kahiki Klub 2008-05-02 13:46 ]

View Profile of Kahiki Klub Send a personal message to Kahiki Klub  Goto the website of Kahiki Klub     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-03 4:33 pm   Permalink

That place looks awful. Awful sweet that is

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Paddy O'furniture
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-05-04 2:32 pm   Permalink

* poof *

[ This Message was edited by: Paddy O'furniture 2008-05-05 03:53 ]

View Profile of Paddy O'furniture Send a personal message to Paddy O'furniture      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation