FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars What's the name of your home tiki bar or tiki space?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
What's the name of your home tiki bar or tiki space?
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-23 9:31 pm   Permalink

Typhoon Terry's Tiki Bar...bet you thought I wuz gonna say Shipwreck Joey's didnja. Sorry to say that name was taken already. I'll post some pics if I can ever get the hang of this gawldanged newfangled digital camera!

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traitor Vic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-24 02:08 am   Permalink

I have taken to making reference to mine, which is still unconstructed, as the Kapu Luakini Lounge. I like the idea of people coming over to offer themselves. I like the idea of people being unable to walk away. The "Secret" or "Forbidden" aspect is attractive to me as well.

View Profile of Traitor Vic Send a personal message to Traitor Vic  Email Traitor Vic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bree
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-24 07:17 am   Permalink

The name of our tiki space is: "The Tihiki Room" adjacent to "Augies Enchanted Chambers"

The Tihiki Room is an outdoor tiki deck in a tropical garden, Augie's (in honor of Augie's Enchanted Mirror- 50's local TV show) is the name of our MiMo styled house.

View Profile of Tiki Bree Send a personal message to Tiki Bree      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki410
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-24 08:21 am   Permalink

Tonga Isle and pictures are forthcoming once I figure out how to get the drivers loaded for the new digital camera. (I would make a disparaging remark toward Mr. Gates and Windows but don't know who is monitoring my activity).

View Profile of tiki410 Send a personal message to tiki410  Email tiki410     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-25 03:28 am   Permalink

My kitchrn is an amalgamation of bright 50's mint dinette,appliances, rocket shaped daisy ice crushers, bauer ware, fiestaware, vintage cocktail stuff from the 20's - 60's and 50's kitsch with tiki mugs, masks and ephemera thrown in for good measure. It's painted in a 50's blue green and has alot of rectanguar shapes and stars painted in patterns atop the green. There is a large white square intersecting a large black square upon which I'd haphazardly centered a large tiki mask and a chrome antenna clock, respectively. One day I noticed the absolute disparate nature of the two and at the same time the strange synergy evoked from this contrast. Then it hit me, this is rocketiki. And so it is The RockeTiki Room. The bedroom is in vintage Deco and 50's mahogany furniture and includes a 60's pink hairdryer-chair-station. It's full of tiki-mugs, plaster exotic statues from the 50's, african and polynesian figures carved of wood, some of them vintage, lava lamps, octopus lamps, Vintage wood vac. tube phonograph console, classic LP's, japanese lanterns, jungle foliage and deco/jungle printed linens interspersed with formica retro end tables, freaky 50's table lamps, boomerang ashtrays(not used)Witco tiki masks, Picasso prints and original paintings an hollow log drums made by myself, girlfriend and artist friends. It looks like a 60's bachelor paradise in here but I've not come up with the perfect name yet. The adjoining bathroom has a tiki mug collection, fishnets, shells, black velvet and 50's ceramic fish wall hangings as well. Will have to work on it's naming too.

View Profile of Sneakytiki Send a personal message to Sneakytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JTD
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-25 07:41 am   Permalink

Our tiki space is currently called: "That Godawful Mess in the Dining Room".

-JTD

View Profile of JTD Send a personal message to JTD      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky_Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-01-25 09:44 am   Permalink

I like that ... mess in the dining room. I don't have a tiki bar yet, I have boxes and piles of tiki stuff. My father is the purchasing dir. at our civic center, and my husband works PT security there, anyway, they were throwing out their "South Pacific" sets the other day and the two of them rescued them from the trash and brought them home! SO now that I have a huge pile of bamboo, I have no place to put it all. Every room is taken up by storage or people! lol We are moving in about 6 months though and the place has a breakfast room in addition to the normal dining room so I am thinking of making that area a tiki bar. We will call it The Coconut Monkey Tiki Bar and Retro Retreat. (my friend KT came up with the retro retreat.)

OH! one more thing, I noticed on here one day someone had asian ceiling tiles displayed, they were wood squares with asian themed deco on them... I have about 8 of those, I no longer have the wood backing, but I do have a pile of the decorations that were on them, all you would have to do is cut some wood and stick it on there... anyway if anyone would like them let me know, I need to get rid of them and you can have them if you pay for shipping... I'll send a picture if you want to see what they look like on the wood.
jennifer@blueabyss.net . My husband was driving by a Chinese restraunt they were tearing down to make a Mexican restraunt, he got all that would fit in the car at the time (10) (my dad stole two of them). Anyway, let me know if anyone wants them. They are all silver if I remember right but are easily painted whatever color you want, I have 8 of the center pieces and 4 sets of the outside pieces (corner flowers and border bars)

[ This Message was edited by: Swanky_Tiki on 2004-01-25 10:13 ]

View Profile of Swanky_Tiki Send a personal message to Swanky_Tiki  Goto the website of Swanky_Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SES
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-25 11:48 am   Permalink

Hope you are moving to a bigger place! They look great. I emailed about the dragon.
SES

View Profile of SES Send a personal message to SES      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky_Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-01-25 12:05 pm   Permalink

yes, right now we live with my dad, lol the house is full of his stuff, the storage is all of my stuff. same size as this place, but only one household worth of stuff, instead of two!

View Profile of Swanky_Tiki Send a personal message to Swanky_Tiki  Goto the website of Swanky_Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
John in Montreal
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-25 5:28 pm   Permalink

The Mauna Loa Lounge...

Named in honour of one of my fave old LPs: Music of the Islands by the Mauna Loa Islanders

View Profile of John in Montreal Send a personal message to John in Montreal  Email John in Montreal Goto the website of John in Montreal     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
captnkirk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-25 8:41 pm   Permalink

I call mine "Ta'ero Tiki Hui", it suposed to mean Drunken Tiki Club.

But it probably means "Stupid tourist" or worse.

View Profile of captnkirk Send a personal message to captnkirk  Goto the website of captnkirk     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGoddess
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-27 07:53 am   Permalink

Sneakytiki, can you post photos of your kitchen? It sounds terrific!

View Profile of TikiGoddess Send a personal message to TikiGoddess      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Nui Nui 2
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-01-27 09:41 am   Permalink

The Red Tide Room

[ This Message was edited by: Nui Nui 2 on 2004-01-27 09:49 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Nui Nui 2 on 2004-01-27 10:13 ]

View Profile of Nui Nui 2 Send a personal message to Nui Nui 2  Email Nui Nui 2     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-27 10:39 am   Permalink

The name of some of my rooms, all of which are a work in progress:

Living Room = "The Polynes-Den"
A twist on the name Polynesian. Tiki, Las Vegas, '60's, and slightly Hugh Hefner-esque. Also, a tribute to my father's "room" when I was growing up which was called "The Den", and he even had a custom carved sign and a custom made bar.

Dining Room = "The Chow Main Room"
Yes, "Main", not "Mein". An Asian themed room that is our 'primary eating' area, thus the name "Chow Main".

Kitchen = "The Kitsch-in"
Vintage kitchen items and glassware with a touch of stainless modernism.

Daughters Room = "The Princess Room"
Lots of princess related decor. Light pink and purple colors.

Daughters/Guest Bath = "The Mermaid Room"
Mermaids & seashells.

Master Bedroom = "The Hanky Panky Room"
Do I really need to explain?

Master Bath = "The Mingo Room"
Pink with black accents...and yes, Flamingo's too.

[ This Message was edited by: sugarcaddydaddy on 2004-01-27 10:43 ]

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tacky Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-27 2:05 pm   Permalink

Lava Lounge. No pictures yet-we just finished painting the walls and it will be a bit before everything is moved in. It's a 1962 house we are 'restoring' and it will be empty while we slave away for another 6 weeks or so. Then it will be the hottest tiki lounge in the greater Sacramento area (party at the Lava Lounge!)

Tacky

View Profile of Tacky Tiki Send a personal message to Tacky Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation